+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
Hello all:
I sent in an application for a visitor extension and was denied, although I think it was due to an error in the application not actually that they denied me on not wanting me here.
I have now fixed the error and am re-submitting my forms.
Do I have to tell them that I sent in an application and it was denied? Or do I only do that if I already had an extension that was approved?
I can see on the application that they ask if you had applied for an extension and I tried typing in what happened but there isn't many characters allowed to type.
Can someone help, please?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, you have to tell them. If you cannot make it fit, attach a Letter of Explanation, and in the box in the form say "See attached LoE"

You're still in status, right?

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
Yes, it does not run out until April 12th.

After I apply for this extension am I then on implied status? Can I stay until I receive an answer?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, if you submit before it expires you will be on implied status till you get a determination. You can stay till you get a final answer.

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
Also, seeing as I was denied my last visitor extension application but my visitor visa had not run out yet, do I now apply for extension or restore visitor status?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello all:
I sent in an application for a visitor extension and was denied, although I think it was due to an error in the application not actually that they denied me on not wanting me here.
I have now fixed the error and am re-submitting my forms.
Do I have to tell them that I sent in an application and it was denied? Or do I only do that if I already had an extension that was approved?
I can see on the application that they ask if you had applied for an extension and I tried typing in what happened but there isn't many characters allowed to type.
Can someone help, please?
Does your refusal letter say that you have to leave the country?

Or does it mention that you can restore your status?

Mac1000

Feb 9, 2019
You must leave xxxx on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave xxxx immediately.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You must leave xxxx on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave xxxx immediately.
You need to leave ASAP. It seems like you have been staying and not visiting.

Your application to restore your visitor status will most likely be refused as well.

Also, you must remain in your home country for several months before you attempt another re-entry

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What happens if I send in another application? Am I not on implied then?
Don't push your luck!!

Your refusal letter says you need to leave before April 12th. It will turn into a removal order and then a deportation order if you don't leave