+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Status

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
NOC - 3131, yes I had an approved LMIA with an employer hence the 200 points addition. I’m definitely not having a direct communication with the employer now , this is arranged by the consultant. Regarding closed work permit, didn’t know that such an option exists, to be very frank.
what is surprising me and the answer I’m looking for is, in spite of all the details sent to me officially as a screen shot, how come the IRCC officer is saying that I’m not eligible ?
NOC 3131 only gives you 50 points. You are TEER 1. So your score would have been too low to be selected for that draw. Your score was wrong so not eligible.
You get 200 points if you are in a NOC 00 position (CEO). Are you licensed to work as a pharmacist in Canada? Ask to talk to your employer directly. Assume your LMIA has expired. Do you have a copy of your LMIA?

Under current regulations, applicants with an arranged employment offer under National Occupational Code (NOC) TEER 0 major group 00 (senior management) will receive 200 points under their Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) score, while those with TEER 1, 2 or 3, or any TEER 0 other than major group 00 will receive 50 points.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to clarify, you only get 50 points for your NOC. So your total score is around 500 which was too low for that draw in 2022. That is why agent said you are not elgible.

vivekdesai

Jan 18, 2024
Just to clarify, you only get 50 points for your NOC. So your total score is around 500 which was too low for that draw in 2022. That is why agent said you are not elgible.
So just to clarify, now that I have everything in place, can the agent still say not eligible to apply for PR ? I assume he must be saying this based on current situation but when the file was submitted the conditions and criteria were different probably ? Inputs pls?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So just to clarify, now that I have everything in place, can the agent still say not eligible to apply for PR ? I assume he must be saying this based on current situation but when the file was submitted the conditions and criteria were different probably ? Inputs pls?
When you got the ITA, your score did not meet or exceed the CRS draw score. You counted 200 points but were only eligible for 50 points. So you are not eligible for PR. It is based on the draw in July 2022, and your score was 150 points lower than what you thought. You should consider submitting a new profile without the help of any agent.

You would need a new LMIA from your employer. A work permit would not be an option if you are not licensed to practice in Canada.

vivekdesai

Jan 18, 2024
When you got the ITA, your score did not meet or exceed the CRS draw score. You counted 200 points but were only eligible for 50 points. So you are not eligible for PR. It is based on the draw in July 2022, and your score was 150 points lower than what you thought. You should consider submitting a new profile without the help of any agent.

You would need a new LMIA from your employer. A work permit would not be an option if you are not licensed to practice in Canada.
Pls correct me if I’m wrong here, but an ITA is issued only if you meet the CRS criteria? And the points got added only once the LMIA got uploaded on the system. Also post that the consultant was allowed to upload the file with relevant documents as well. Followed by which all the other steps pertaining to my file got cleared one after the other.. would my file have reached a state to where it is now, had the eligibility not been met? Just trying to understand here?!

vivekdesai

Jan 18, 2024
Pls correct me if I’m wrong here, but an ITA is issued only if you meet the CRS criteria? And the points got added only once the LMIA got uploaded on the system. Also post that the consultant was allowed to upload the file with relevant documents as well. Followed by which all the other steps pertaining to my file got cleared one after the other.. would my file have reached a state to where it is now, had the eligibility not been met? Just trying to understand here?!
??