Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
Maverick13 said:
Hey guys,
I have recently received my student visa on the basis of a 2 year masters program in university of windsor when i applied for a visa i was unemployed and got rejected from waterloo and mcmaster. now i have a good job and i feel it can get me into a better university because of the experience. i am planning to wait for one year and work and re-apply for a better univ. i am not satisfied with the education quality of windsor. i am planning to apply to a better univ for fall 2013. so since i already have the visa i hope i wont need a new one next year? or will i? i am very confused because if i have to re-apply for visa next year again on the basis of a new univ then its better that i go now. please help....
You should go this time, switch to other university after one or two semester... If your study permit/visa is valid you can change institute but level of education should be same......

osama13

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
18-06-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-07-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2012
LANDED..........
31-08-2012
I had given my pics without glasses when i submitted my visa app.i didn't wear glasses at that time.but then when i received med ,i checked my eyesight on my own so got to know it is little bit weak and i need to wear glasses.now i have bought glasses and will go for med on monday iA with glasses but my pics dont have glasses as i had taken them 3 months back.wat should i do? is it okay to take the same old pics to med without glasses?

FM001

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
osama13 said:
I had given my pics without glasses when i submitted my visa app.i didn't wear glasses at that time.but then when i received med ,i checked my eyesight on my own so got to know it is little bit weak and i need to wear glasses.now i have bought glasses and will go for med on monday iA with glasses but my pics dont have glasses as i had taken them 3 months back.wat should i do? is it okay to take the same old pics to med without glasses?
Pics without glasses are fine. Infact pics without glasses are better than pics with glasses. Even if your eyesight is weak, you should not wear glassess while taking pictures because sometimes your eyes do not appear clear on your picture because of refrection on glasses. I think you should not have any prob with your pics without glasses.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
osama13 said:
The difference in pictures doesn't matter. I submitted 2 pictures with long hairs and clean shave with my documents while I have to recapture photos again for the medical as the DMP was not accepting photos without negative. In my new photos, for medical, I had my head shaved/bald and with French beard. I have got my visa it definitely means that such changes doesn't affect a lot. Plus I was also informed by the DMP that such things happen and he has encountered changes in pictures routinely and it doesn't matter.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Maverick13 said:
Hey guys,
I have recently received my student visa on the basis of a 2 year masters program in university of windsor when i applied for a visa i was unemployed and got rejected from waterloo and mcmaster. now i have a good job and i feel it can get me into a better university because of the experience. i am planning to wait for one year and work and re-apply for a better univ. i am not satisfied with the education quality of windsor. i am planning to apply to a better univ for fall 2013. so since i already have the visa i hope i wont need a new one next year? or will i? i am very confused because if i have to re-apply for visa next year again on the basis of a new univ then its better that i go now. please help....
If you read your Letter of Introduction (LOI) it clearly answers this query.

Quote: "You must enter Canada no later than the validity date specified on your visa. Failure to do so will invalidate this approval."

So you can enter Canada next semester or whenever you want provided your visa is valid at that time. You don't need to reapply for visa if the one in your passport is valid.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
FM001 said:
Lagta aj sab ko Roza lag raha hai, subha ki na koi post na koi update...
Update tho ajj bohut kam expected thi as only TCS delivers on Saturday, but yeah nobody posted anything :)

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
osama13 said:
I think it will not matter...

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Inam89 said:
The difference in pictures doesn't matter. I submitted 2 pictures with long hairs and clean shave with my documents while I have to recapture photos again for the medical as the DMP was not accepting photos without negative. In my new photos, for medical, I had my head shaved/bald and with French beard. I have got my visa it definitely means that such changes doesn't affect a lot. Plus I was also informed by the DMP that such things happen and he has encountered changes in pictures routinely and it doesn't matter.
The instruction letter for medical says that bring negatives of photos if available.....what does that mean? if pictures are taken by a reel camera?

I was not confused about this issue until i read the above quoted comment;

"....while I have to recapture photos again for the medical as the DMP was not accepting photos without negative...."

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
hasankhan27 said:
The instruction letter for medical says that bring negatives of photos if available.....what does that mean? if pictures are taken by a reel camera?

I was not confused about this issue until i read the above quoted comment;

"....while I have to recapture photos again for the medical as the DMP was not accepting photos without negative...."
Consult your DMP if he allows you to have medical without Negative, as it's optional, but in my case the DMP at Peshawar didn't agree.

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inam89 said:
Consult your DMP if he allows you to have medical without Negative, as it's optional, but in my case the DMP at Peshawar didn't agree.
DMP in lahore where i went did not bother for the negatives... So it is pretty much your luck :p

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
mfm said:
DMP in lahore where i went did not bother for the negatives... So it is pretty much your luck :p
It actually should not be a requirement as that technology of reel camera is old and most of the photographers use digital cameras now-a-days. The negative is required for Chest xray. The xray have the print of your photo if you provide them with the negative. Which I think is not at all required.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Inam89 said:
It actually should not be a requirement as that technology of reel camera is old and most of the photographers use digital cameras now-a-days. The negative is required for Chest xray. The xray have the print of your photo if you provide them with the negative. Which I think is not at all required.
it was really lame of the dmp to ask for the negatives then.....

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
hasankhan27 said:
it was really lame of the dmp to ask for the negatives then.....
Whatever it was but it gave me real headache as I had to go back and capture a photo, plus the doubt of the delay that the change of photo may cause, plus some valuable time lost as well.

DMP at Ali medical centre in Islamabad also don't ask for negative as my friend last year did his medical from there and he wasn't asked about negative. I think the DMP at Peshawar is a bit outdated.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Inam89 said:
Whatever it was but it gave me real headache as I had to go back and capture a photo, plus the doubt of the delay that the change of photo may cause, plus some valuable time lost as well.

DMP at Ali medical centre in Islamabad also don't ask for negative as my friend last year did his medical from there and he wasn't asked about negative. I think the DMP at Peshawar is a bit outdated.
yea that must have been really frustrating!

do you recommend that i ask for the negatives from my photographer before going for a medical?