+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned! Application fee was not accepted.

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
So I did my homework on this forum and been told that it's ok to submit a certified check in US dollar. Well, guess what? They don't take it. So now I would like to ask those who apply within the US, which place, bank, financial institute, please be specific, that you went to to have a certified check, bank draft or international money order issued in Canadian dollar? For those who say any place will do it, how about just name one place in Los Angeles that does it?

In pissed mode now.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lakersgo said:
So I did my homework on this forum and been told that it's ok to submit a certified check in US dollar. Well, guess what? They don't take it. So now I would like to ask those who apply within the US, which place, bank, financial institute, please be specific, that you went to to have a certified check, bank draft or international money order issued in Canadian dollar? For those who say any place will do it, how about just name one place in Los Angeles that does it?

In pissed mode now.
You have to read the instructions, all applications that in the "list" and being sent to Sydney require Canadian funds. I said it a couple of times in earlier threads, before if you don't want to believe the instructions, what can you do.

PMM

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
Sorry, I didn't pay particular attention to your posts but I did asked before sending my app. I got answers from people that it's ok to send a US dollar certified check. I am not going back to my thread and hold those people accountable...I just want my app to be processed.

I am going to try different bank tmr, I doubt they will help me much since I only have account with WAMU and WAMU doesn't do it.

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
I am from Los Angeles too, I used WAMU since I have account with them and they processed it. I do not know why the WAMU that you went too, also you an account with them will not process it. I have done this with my WAMU bank more than twice already. BTW it should be in CANADIAN DOLLARS. I also had some transaction with regards to this with Bank of America.

Good luck.

C

cajoejoe

Not sure why people over looks this .... goto http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter ,

on the left Coulmn "Type a Country or Currency" Put Canadian Dollars (example one application $550.00 Canadian and to the right Coulmn of it "type a Country or Currency" Choose USA. It willdo Automatic Calculation for you Howmuch American Dollars you need to equal Canadian Dollars.

as of today's rate 1/21/09 you need get a check in US dollars (from US bank) for the amount of $434.48 to pay for one application fee of $550.00 Canadian.
It is simple as that. I hope this has been helpful.

~j

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cajoejoe said:
Not sure why people over looks this .... goto http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter ,

on the left Coulmn "Type a Country or Currency" Put Canadian Dollars (example one application $550.00 Canadian and to the right Coulmn of it "type a Country or Currency" Choose USA. It willdo Automatic Calculation for you Howmuch American Dollars you need to equal Canadian Dollars.

as of today's rate 1/21/09 you need get a check in US dollars (from US bank) for the amount of $434.48 to pay for one application fee of $550.00 Canadian.

~j
You really don't understand the question cajoejoe, you MUST SEND THE DRAFT TO SYDNEY FOR FSW 1 in Canadian funds Also you don't convert, you go to the office CHC website for that office and they list what the cost of the application is in US Funds or other currency for applications other than FSW 1. Please quit confusing people.

PMM

C

cajoejoe

PMM,

I THINK YOUR COMPERHENSION IS NOT PAR !!! I dont know where you live but one thing i can assure you you dont undertsnad US banking systems. for you rediculus answer i think you have Failed Kindergarten... when you exchange money and buy things you CONVERT. What part of conversion you dont understand YOU LIVE IN CANADA. The applicant asking for amount needed (IN CANADIAN DOLLARS)to send, in order to do that, check the daily CURRENCY or for you information CONVERSION RATE. Exchanging his AMERICAN DOLLAR to CANDIAN FUNDS. Is this too hard for you to understand? how this is done? or too Dumb?

In order to Avoid the applicant un-necessary step (which he already took) not converting AMERICAN $$$ to Canadian FUND you are saving your self one step... Get a grip and rationalize if you can UNDERSTAND.

PS: CURRENCY fluctues, you want to take the website "word", WHICH THEY DONT UPDATE ON REGULARBASIS, and they dont update daily rate $$$. Sending too much or too little willget your application rejected. Unless PMM is the Webmaster at CIC website that always have 100 percent accurate information about Currency RATE. Itis okay to be humble and think out of the BOX.

~j

C

cajoejoe

rupeshhari.
Smiles, i know that works because they convert the money :) on daily Conversion rate.

~j

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Unfortunately no bank uses yahoo currency converter to convert rates. Every bank have their own forex rate and that is typically worse than what is in yahoo.
Yahoo can only give an idea on day to day fluctuation going up or down but is not meant to be used for this purpose.

cajoejoe said:

~j

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cajoejoe said:
PMM,

I THINK YOUR COMPERHENSION IS NOT PAR !!! I dont know where you live but one thing i can assure you you dont undertsnad US banking systems. for you rediculus answer i think you have Failed Kindergarten... when you exchange money and buy things you CONVERT. What part of conversion you dont understand YOU LIVE IN CANADA. The applicant asking for amount needed (IN CANADIAN DOLLARS)to send, in order to do that, check the daily CURRENCY or for you information CONVERSION RATE. Exchanging his AMERICAN DOLLAR to CANDIAN FUNDS. Is this too hard for you to understand? how this is done? or too Dumb?

In order to Avoid the applicant un-necessary step (which he already took) not converting AMERICAN $$$ to Canadian FUND you are saving your self one step... Get a grip and rationalize if you can UNDERSTAND.

PS: CURRENCY fluctues, you want to take the website "word", WHICH THEY DONT UPDATE ON REGULARBASIS, and they dont update daily rate $$$. Sending too much or too little willget your application rejected. Unless PMM is the Webmaster at CIC website that always have 100 percent accurate information about Currency RATE. Itis okay to be humble and think out of the BOX.

~j
I am unable to reply to you in crayon, which you might be able to understand. When you submit an application other than FSW 1 you look at the fee schedule for the office. If you looked at the fee schedule for Buffalo
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx?lang=eng You would see, if you can read ,the fee for Skilled Worker is $460 US If you look at the fees in Canadian is is $550 CAN. It doesn't matter what the daily exchange rate is. You pay what is posted.

With to day's rate, you would be better paying in Canadian dollars as $550 Canadian would cost you $436.36 US so you would theoretically save $23.64.

PMM

C

cajoejoe

PMM

I think you came to ur sense's thats what conversion is all about PMM ( you are right you save $23.00). Bulb light went on!!!! Horrray... as for why today sdate... I think the applicants NOT APPLYIN YESTERDAY or ^ years from Now..I can see another Light bulb POP UP soon as this one as well. Maybe get a crayon... Helps you with color of $$$ conversion no harm in learning new colors or "THINKING CONVERSION" or counting in new CURRENCY to pay for an application. Horray for you ..cheers :)
~j

lakersgo

Sep 27, 2008
In the returned app, it states the reason for return: "Check is in U.S. Fund". The check was written for $465 US dollar which is exactly what the office of baffalo says, but I guess we are dealing with Sydney NS rather than Baffalo office...so forget about the office of baffalo.

spa

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
lakersgo said:
I talked to Bank of America representative. He told me that they can issue a bank draft from Canada. The check will be in Canadian dollars and can be accepted by the department. You can pay in American dollars. It may take up to 2 weeks for them to issue the draft and also you have to pay a fee, $20 or so. That's it.

Another thing, there is an option to pay online for those who send applications to Sydney, Canada.

If anyone tried online option already can you confirm that it works?

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Bank of america foreign exchange dept in USa issued a draft for me. Sometimes the retail branches are not aware of the process. I got the bank draft next day

www.bankofamerica.com/foreigncurrency

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

spa said:
lakersgo said:
I talked to Bank of America representative. He told me that they can issue a bank draft from Canada. The check will be in Canadian dollars and can be accepted by the department. You can pay in American dollars. It may take up to 2 weeks for them to issue the draft and also you have to pay a fee, $20 or so. That's it.

Another thing, there is an option to pay online for those who send applications to Sydney, Canada.

If anyone tried online option already can you confirm that it works?
You cant for FSW applications, don't confuse the Citizenship Sydney office with CIU Sydney

PMM