+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Rejected on Missing Passport even though it was submitted.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I asked you this elsewhere but I'll repeat it here. Apart from the mail, MyCIC profile captures any such requirement as well. The system is designed to indicate document requests by changing that particular field to "Required" or "Needed" or something.

Did you or your solicitor login to MyCIC in the recent past and have you/them seen that change? It might still be there for all you know. Can you check and confirm?

And everyone who is asking about the actual passport got it wrong - they assumed that you got a PPR - won't apply in your case anyways as you are from Ireland.
Just for the sake of adding to the general information, in the middle of June I got an email from CIC called a Request Letter. It was asking me to update my information with ICAS, so that CIC would have electronic access to my ECA. BUT there was no "document needed" tick or change in that category on MyCIC, and no deadline to provide the information - not even an address to respond to. This nearly gave me a heart attack, since ICAS said it would take 20 weeks (and $140) to do the work, but in fact they did it in 2 weeks, and I sent the updated information to CIC via a CSE and got the automated response.

My only point here is that sometimes they do ask for additional information by just a letter, without a change in the MyCIC table.

Still, the letter did come to MyCIC, and is still there, of course, and the original poster really needs to check if that is true in his/her case.

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
dobes said:
asking me to update my information with ICAS, so that CIC would have electronic access to my ECA. BUT there was no "document needed" tick or change in that category on MyCIC.
Same thing happened to me with WES, for online access by CIC. Quickly fixed it :) Got me scared as well.
We're not really talking about the "document needed" update box here ;)
The letter asking for the document is the matter, and if CIC did send the paralegal a letter, it IS in the communications box at the bottom of the application page on MyCIC, and there's not much he can do since it's the paralegal's duties and responsibilities to keep track and check for communication updates on MyCIC. If nothing is there, then the applicant has grounds and acceptable proof that his case should be re-opened based on a system glitch.

Crossing fingers for him...

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
KaydenB said:
Same thing happened to me with WES, for online access by CIC. Quickly fixed it :) Got me scared as well.
We're not really talking about the "document needed" update box here ;)
The letter asking for the document is the matter, and if CIC did send the paralegal a letter, it IS in the communications box at the bottom of the application page on MyCIC, and there's not much he can do since it's the paralegal's duties and responsibilities to keep track and check for communication updates on MyCIC. If nothing is there, then the applicant has grounds and acceptable proof that his case should be re-opened based on a system glitch.

Crossing fingers for him...
While i agree with the questions you asking the OP, i think you are being way too harsh and inconsiderate on how you have asked and responded. If he/she says they've met with the paralegal and his shown them all his message infrastructure, i am sure it means that he would have gone through the My cic mail also. Don't assume that he didn't.
That been said, i think the OP should check properly to rule out any possibility of human error on their side.

Reactions: shaizeik

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
theshak said:
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

My paralegal emailed to me last night to inform me my EE application was rejected on the grounds I had not submitted a passport within 7 days of notification. This is truly ridiculous as we received no email notification and had already submitted my scanned passport. We are currently appealing it as we think this was a bug with the auto EE system. We attached proof of the Passport submission but we have also started another application just in case.

This is highly annoying for me and I think the CIC need to get their act together. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

Shak
So sorry about your rejection. Just so we are clear, where you present when your paralegal uploaded your scanned passports? Also, do you have the rejection letter you got? It would help if you copied and pasted it here, so we know exactly what it said.