+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Rejected on Missing Passport even though it was submitted.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

My paralegal emailed to me last night to inform me my EE application was rejected on the grounds I had not submitted a passport within 7 days of notification. This is truly ridiculous as we received no email notification and had already submitted my scanned passport. We are currently appealing it as we think this was a bug with the auto EE system. We attached proof of the Passport submission but we have also started another application just in case.

This is highly annoying for me and I think the CIC need to get their act together. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

Shak

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
theshak said:
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

My paralegal emailed to me last night to inform me my EE application was rejected on the grounds I had not submitted a passport within 7 days of notification. This is truly ridiculous as we received no email notification and had already submitted my scanned passport. We are currently appealing it as we think this was a bug with the auto EE system. We attached proof of the Passport submission but we have also started another application just in case.

This is highly annoying for me and I think the CIC need to get their act together. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

Shak
I think they must have asked for physical passport and you interpreted it as scanned copy ?
Are you from visa exempt country?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
When did you submit your application? This is the danger of using a lawyer/representative - they may miss communications to your account from CIC. Send the passport in a CSE and hopefully they will reopen you application

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Conor9900 said:
When did you submit your application? This is the danger of using a lawyer/representative - they may miss communications to your account from CIC. Send the passport in a CSE and hopefully they will reopen you application
Completely agree on this. Experience the same but luckily throw the consultant out at initial stage itself.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
SushilEE said:
I think they must have asked for physical passport and you interpreted it as scanned copy ?
Are you from visa exempt country?
The thing is my paralegal received no email asking for that. No mention of a physical copy was ever mentioned to me from my solicitor. This thing of a physical copy of my passport is new to me. Do they need to scan it in my presence?

I am from Ireland by the way.

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Conor9900 said:
My application was submitted May 12th. From looking at the rejections thread I am not the only one to have this issue.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
If the rejection letter says they only want a copy of your passport (not the physical thing), I would say upload your passport and all pages with stamps & Canadian visa and send it to CIC with a Case Specific Enquiry asking them to reopen your file. Also try to get in touch with your local MP to explain the problem.

I have heard of this happening to someone else as well on a Facebook EE thread, I think he got his reopened after sending a CSE. Seems to be a bug alright. The new system is terrifying, you can be rejected even if you do absolutely nothing wrong. Hope you get sorted

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
theshak said:
The thing is my paralegal received no email asking for that. Do they need to scan it in my presence?
Let me tell you, fire your paralegal, right now.
When CIC asks for your physical passport, it only means ONE THING : you got PPR (and your lawyer missed the deadline) !
Either he just missed the email, or crawls under cases and didn't act on time. He'll obviously never admit it.
One thing, ASK IMMEDIATELY for your MyCIC online access (it's your right, don't take no for an answer and double-check yourself), and I'm pretty sure you will find a copy of the email that was sent to your paralegal in your MyCIC account. Whenever CIC sends something, a copy is ALWAYS in your MyCIC, ALWAYS.

If there's trace of the CIC letter in your MyCIC, then you can kiss your PR goodbye, sorry to be blunt. But your story sounds similar to so many whose paralegals missed some crucial steps or paperwork to send.

Reactions: shaizeik

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
If the letter gave him 7 days, it wasn't PPR (which gives 30 days), it was simply a request for an uploaded copy. I have seen someone else who wasn't employing a third party to act on their behalf experience the very same issue so I think it is a bug. Earlier in the year a lot of candidates were complaining that the section to upload your passport wasn't even appearing in their checklist - the system is extremely buggy

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Conor9900 said:
If the letter gave him 7 days, it wasn't PPR (which gives 30 days), it was simply a request for an uploaded copy.
First, how does he know for sure the details of his rejection ? Did he see (with his own eyes) the CIC email displaying the rejection basis ? Did he visit his MyCIC account to double-check ? (pretty weird that his paralegal does receive one email and not the other - still sounds to me that either your paralegal or his secretary missed it, so he should just check his MyCIC account). Second, if it was a so-called system bug, how could his paralegal (who's supposed to be an expert) submit an application without the very basic thing, a passport copy ? (how would he know if he actually submitted it, since he was not there when he submitted his application). That's one thing nobody can actually miss... Finally, if I were him, before even re-applying or complaining to CIC (which would make things worse for his case if you make a wrongful complaint and CIC sees he does have a copy of the passport request letter in his MyCIC account), I would double-check to see if there's actually a copy of that letter (that's one thing that always works with CIC, they ALWAYS keep records of all letters sent in his MyCIC). Hope it's a CIC mistake and not his paralegal's... Hope he keeps us posted and wishing him luck ;)

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
theshak said:
my EE application was rejected
I do know it's not yours Conor9900 ;)

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
KaydenB said:
First, how does he know for sure the details of his rejection ? Did he see (with his own eyes) the CIC email displaying the rejection basis ? Did he visit his MyCIC account to double-check ? (pretty weird that his paralegal does receive one email and not the other - still sounds to me that either your paralegal or his secretary missed it, so he should just check his MyCIC account). Second, if it was a so-called system bug, how could his paralegal (who's supposed to be an expert) submit an application without the very basic thing, a passport copy ? (how would he know if he actually submitted it, since he was not there when he submitted his application). That's one thing nobody can actually miss... Finally, if I were him, before even re-applying or complaining to CIC (which would make things worse for his case if you make a wrongful complaint and CIC sees he does have a copy of the passport request letter in his MyCIC account), I would double-check to see if there's actually a copy of that letter (that's one thing that always works with CIC, they ALWAYS keep records of all letters sent in his MyCIC). Hope it's a CIC mistake and not his paralegal's... Hope he keeps us posted and wishing him luck ;)
So I thought you would be curious to know I had a meeting with my solicitor and they checked everywhere in their email infrastructure and they found no email notifying them to upload a copy of my passport. They had already uploaded it anyway.

For those that said you need your real passport, no you don't submit your physical passport.

Lots of solicitors are getting bugs and issues with the EE process it seems and I may be another victim. They are appealing now and intend to do so every week as they are just annoyed as I am. They are confident the issue will be resolved as they have all the proof to show I submitted everything.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theshak said:
So I thought you would be curious to know I had a meeting with my solicitor and they checked everywhere in their email infrastructure and they found no email notifying them to upload a copy of my passport. They had already uploaded it anyway.

For those that said you need your real passport, no you don't submit your physical passport.

Lots of solicitors are getting bugs and issues with the EE process it seems and I may be another victim. They are appealing now and intend to do so every week as they are just annoyed as I am. They are confident the issue will be resolved as they have all the proof to show I submitted everything.
I asked you this elsewhere but I'll repeat it here. Apart from the mail, MyCIC profile captures any such requirement as well. The system is designed to indicate document requests by changing that particular field to "Required" or "Needed" or something.

Did you or your solicitor login to MyCIC in the recent past and have you/them seen that change? It might still be there for all you know. Can you check and confirm?

And everyone who is asking about the actual passport got it wrong - they assumed that you got a PPR - won't apply in your case anyways as you are from Ireland.

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
theshak said:
So I thought you would be curious to know I had a meeting with my solicitor and they checked everywhere in their email infrastructure and they found no email notifying them to upload a copy of my passport.
Whether or not it is in "their email infrastructure" does NOT matter one bit for CIC, especially if they uploaded the letter in your MyCIC account.
You still have not answered the most important question : did you or did you not check (yourself) your communication history in your MyCIC ?

Go check it out, and let us know... ;) If the letter is NOT in your MyCIC, then you will have acceptable proof that CIC made a mistake and will be able to have your case re-opened easily based on a system glitch, BUT if the letter actually IS in your MyCIC, then CIC will consider your representative is at fault, and apologizing will most likely not be enough. It's your paralegal's duties and responsibilities to track down communications and updates regarding your case by checking regularly your MyCIC account.

Keep us posted :)