+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application rejected due to Noc

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
This is not recommended. It's very time consuming and has poor chances of success. You are better off reapplying in the next round.
Ok, thanks. I am afraid that I will apply again with incorrect Noc and waste more time. But I see that this is the only option.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, thanks. I am afraid that I will apply again with incorrect Noc and waste more time. But I see that this is the only option.
As others have said, switching to 1111 or 1112 would probably do the trick. You could also have your employment letter re-written so that it is tailored to a specific NOC. For example, remove duties that aren't relevant or that might contradict or be confused with another NOC.

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
As others have said, switching to 1111 or 1112 would probably do the trick. You could also have your employment letter re-written so that it is tailored to a specific NOC. For example, remove duties that aren't relevant or that might contradict or be confused with another NOC.
But how you can adjust the duties in the new reference letter? CiC will probably have a look at my previous application and see that my duties changed. This may be suspicious to them and create more issues. In any case I cannot adjust much my reference letter as these are my actual duties.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But how you can adjust the duties in the new reference letter? CiC will probably have a look at my previous application and see that my duties changed. This may be suspicious to them and create more issues. In any case I cannot adjust much my reference letter as these are my actual duties.
You can write your reference letter however you want as many times as you want. IRCC doesn't have the time to check your past applications and I wouldn't be concerned by that if I were in your shoes. Write the letter that matches the NOC you are claiming, not the other way around. If you don't want to take the advice from this forum, why bother posting?
Good luck.

Reactions: Faky201

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
You can write your reference letter however you want as many times as you want. IRCC doesn't have the time to check your past applications and I wouldn't be concerned by that if I were in your shoes. Write the letter that matches the NOC you are claiming, not the other way around. If you don't want to take the advice from this forum, why bother posting?
Good luck.
Thanks

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
Thanks. Have you heard about cases where CiC reconsidered their decision after sending a request? It says that this is a final decision so not sure about this.
Yes, i have seen on forum some cases were reopened. It takes week to month to hear back from them. so simultaneously, try to reapply if tgey reopen your file, you could close new profile.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Contrary to this, IRCC did advise me on my NOC. Along with my email, I have listed down the job descriptions which were stated in my certificate of employment, the course I have studied and my ECA result. They replied but stated that they cannot find an exact NOC and requested for the type of industry I work in and the minimum qualification required to be hired. After that, they advised the NOC but with the general disclaimer that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate NOC code is each individual's responsibility. However, the NOC that they have advised doesn't really tally with my job descriptions. In the end, i decided to follow the NOC which most likely resembles my JD. Crossing my fingers that I did the right thing..

Probably you mean ESDC advised you ... (not IRCC). ESDC is the acronym for the new name, Employment and Social Development Canada - formerly HRSDC (as reflected in the the email address).

Reactions: honeybee08

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, i have seen on forum some cases were reopened. It takes week to month to hear back from them. so simultaneously, try to reapply if tgey reopen your file, you could close new profile.
IRCC will only reconsider if a mistake was made by IRCC. In this case, the OP used a wrong NOC code, so they will not reconsider.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone

The extract from my reference letter:

Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and management accounts

2. Examine and analyze journal ledger entries, bank statements, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards

3. Preparation of minutes of board of directors meeting for our international clients

4. Assistance with the opening of corporate bank account for international clients

5. Act as liaison between the clients and the auditors

6. Preparation of payment instructions upon client request

7. Client billing
It would be easier to identify the best NOC with a little more contextual information. You will notice at the top of each NOC page is a paragraph "Lead Statement" describing what the occupation does, who they work for, what sector, sometimes who the clients are... Sometimes knowing who your employer is (not the business name, more general - what sector), who the clients are, etc. helps identify the correct NOC,

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nothing wrong with the duties, the key is to pick the right NOC code...

Reactions: Suru

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
nothing wrong with the duties, the key is to pick the right NOC code...
I received a general answer from the NOC Unit of Employment and Social Development Canada with no reference to any Noc. Now I am thinking to apply either with 1111 or with 1311.
Not sure which one to choose.

sam1991

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Thanks everyone. It is clear that the Noc I've chosen is wrong.
However what would be the correct Noc? If I will send an email to identify my noc and they come back with a couple of options then which one to choose? I might apply again and get the same result.

it looks to me your duties same as mine but I took NOC code 1212 accounting clerks supervisor. I got PR approval.

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Really sorry to hear about this. Rejecting after a 3-month wait is really not what people wants. Could you share which stream had you applied like FSW-O, PNP, CEC etc??