+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Question

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
I have the application papers filled out and have gone over al of them with a paralegal to make sure that I have filled everything out correctly; which I did :)

I have received the police checked from Canada for both me and my husband - we have all of our photo's / letters / certificates / documents and any other evidence of our relationship also put together.

we are just waiting for the police check and medical check from his home country to come through - they said this could take a month. Should I send in what I have so far to get the process underway or should I wait for the St Lucia medical and police check to come in before I send it out?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
missjohnj said:
I have the application papers filled out and have gone over al of them with a paralegal to make sure that I have filled everything out correctly; which I did :)

I have received the police checked from Canada for both me and my husband - we have all of our photo's / letters / certificates / documents and any other evidence of our relationship also put together.

we are just waiting for the police check and medical check from his home country to come through - they said this could take a month. Should I send in what I have so far to get the process underway or should I wait for the St Lucia medical and police check to come in before I send it out?
Why did your husband get a Canadian police check? It's not required unless CIC specifically asks for it.
Also the sponsor doesn't need to have any police checks done either.

Also what do you mean by "waiting for medical check to come through"? If he had the medical exam done, then you should have a receipt from the appointment, and that is all you need to submit with application. There is nothing to "wait for" in terms of the medical.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Why did your husband get a Canadian police check? It's not required unless CIC specifically asks for it.
Also the sponsor doesn't need to have any police checks done either.

Also what do you mean by "waiting for medical check to come through"? If he had the medical exam done, then you should have a receipt from the appointment, and that is all you need to submit with application. There is nothing to "wait for" in terms of the medical.
Does your paralegal have any experience with immigration matters...primarily to the complexity of a spousal sponsorship that involves a deported applicant?

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
oh wow - I was told that we both needed police checks and fingerprints so we both went and got them here
and when he got back to st lucia he went immediately get the police check done there. I had no idea you could just send in the receipt for the medical -I thought you had to send in the papers that they mail out to you. good to know.

The paralegal told me she dealt with immigrations - I'm wondering if she just wanted me to have everything together and go above and beyond just so we didn't have any complications.

any other advice on the matter - thanks a lot this has really helped

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missjohnj said:
oh wow - I was told that we both needed police checks and fingerprints so we both went and got them here
and when he got back to st lucia he went immediately get the police check done there. I had no idea you could just send in the receipt for the medical -I thought you had to send in the papers that they mail out to you. good to know.

The paralegal told me she dealt with immigrations - I'm wondering if she just wanted me to have everything together and go above and beyond just so we didn't have any complications.

any other advice on the matter - thanks a lot this has really helped
You do not have to provide your fingerprints or a police check (unless for some reason CIC told you to do so).

Your husband hopefully had his medical examination by an approved CIC panel physician (this is the only one listed for St. Lucia):
City: Castries
Name: Adele Lalsingh
Address: No. 56 Sans Souci,
PO Box 375,
Telephone: (758) 452-4433
Spoken Languages: English

If they have the electronic system to send his medical results directly to CIC, they will do so. If they do not, he would need to mail the form that the doctor gave him to CIC (or to you and then you send it to CIC).

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
Yes Adele was the woman who did his medical - Im going to call the office immediately and let them know (if they don't already to send the documents to CIC)

and I never had CIC tell me that I needed to do a police check - the immigration paralegal just told me to do one - just wasted more money lol

thank-you so much

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
missjohnj said:
and I never had CIC tell me that I needed to do a police check - the immigration paralegal just told me to do one - just wasted more money lol
It sounds like she doesn't know a lot about immigration, so I would really stop listening to what she says and not use her anymore.

For police checks, only the applicant needs them, and only from countries other than Canada where he has resided at least 6 months or longer. The sponsor does not need ANY police checks done, ever. This is clearly stated in the guide on CIC website.

For medical, did your doctors office give a receipt to you after the medical? If they are a CIC panel physician, they should already know exactly what to do with your results. They will forward them directly to a CIC regional medical office. All they needed to give you was the receipt, which you are supposed to include in your application.

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
Yes they gave my husband a receipt and said they would send the information directly to CIC

hank-you so much everyone - it seems that I have everything and I've been waiting for what I don't actually need.

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
Hi sorry one more question

Can the police report also be sent straight to CIC from st lucia as well? Or should he send it to me to send in?? Sorry

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You are an outland applicant, based on the fact your hubby was deported. You will need to wait for him to receive his police clearances and he then forwards them to you to include in your application package. You can not send in your package until it has the receipt for his medical as well as his police clearances