+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application has been finalized what does that actually mean?

maxim080

Apr 12, 2013
Background:
Hello there,I applied through Uk canadian embassy.Previously I applied 1 year ago I refused.But this year I hired A very well known law firm in toronto,Canada.Later I discovered last year was actually lots of mistake.Even I did not complete all the form which caused me refusal.(its my opinion).

But this year my paper was very strong according to my law firm.

Want to know:

Today my law firm got one email from cic that
"His application has been finalized - his passport, original/notarized documents and decision letter have been mailed to him directly to his residential address using International Signed For delivery "

Whats that mean??
"His application has been finalized"

Thanks in Advance.

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
It's hard to tell because the letter don't mention anything. Finalized means decision had been made. Wait till you receive the letter.

maxim080

Apr 12, 2013
sweet jelly said:
It's hard to tell because the letter don't mention anything. Finalized means decision had been made. Wait till you receive the letter.
Thousand Thanks for your reply.But "yeah :-X"
I was suspecting there is may be some official language which indirectly indicate some approval/refusal.Like last time below my refusal there was "Application closed /something like that".

maxim080

Apr 12, 2013
Visa_Wait_Like_Hell said:
so you can take it in a positive way :)

last time application closed- means refusal

this time finalized- means acceptance :)
Thanks a lot.But your nick says it all !

alex4321

Apr 12, 2013
In my case, they sent me an e-mail first saying i got the visa and a week later i got my passport in the mail. I'm not sure if that's how every Canadian Embassy works though.

maxim080

Apr 12, 2013
alex4321 said:
In my case, they sent me an e-mail first saying i got the visa and a week later i got my passport in the mail. I'm not sure if that's how every Canadian Embassy works though.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, mail doesn't confirm approval of visa. However, these days, they have started sending email confirming approval of visa. But sometimes they don't. Likewise in my case, I received no such email, but got my visa.

So no option, but to wait for the passport.