+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application has been finalized what does that actually mean?

maxim080

Apr 12, 2013
So here is the rest of story...

When they send me email Application has been finalised - his passport, original/notarised documents and decision letter have been mailed to him directly to his residential address ,they sent that email 11 april and i got that mail in 19 April.

Here is the reason for my refusal:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay.In reaching this decision,I considered severel factors,including
*Your Travel history
*Your immigration Status
*Your family ties in Canada and in you country of residence
*Purpose of visit

Yeah I know,You are thinking "Seriously" !!!!

Here is my explanation for

Reason 1(Your Travel history):I am international student in sweden.What that visa officer expect??I am already in travel in sweden.should i travel more beside my engineering study??!!

Reason 2(Your immigration Status): Hey!I am here student in Sweden with Temporary Resident Permit.What else I can do.Should I have to be illegal in sweden??

Reason 3(Your family ties in Canada and in you country of residence): Seriously?I am applying for study permit in canada and I am leaving away from my home country,I am staying here in sweden with TRP.Yes I do have some family member in canada but is that necessary I have to have family member in canada for getting study permit!!

Reason 4(Purpose of visit)::wow! Hello!I am applying to you with at least 5 kilogram of papers & now you do not know my purpose of visit in canada! Okay let me clarify you I am applying for student visa and this is my purpose of visit in canada!!

Lesson Learned after that refusal: If you are not Uk citizen Do not apply anything about getting any kind of TRP from Uk canadian embassy!

About Appeal:Yes I can do appeal.But it will cost 8000 CAD and it will take approx. 1 year for getting the result.Chances are getting the visa 30%.According to my law firm.

What will I do:My law firm will submit a reconsideration letter to that specific visa officer with the explanation for every & each reason he/she was not satisfied according to my application.The reasons I described above.Chances Are getting the visa in this process 1%.

Thank you all for reading that thread more that 500 times,when I asked and when I was tensed.Only 3/4 people were answered and another 400+ visitors just read and nobody had any answer & knowledge about my question.if you do not want to give then why you expect to take.
Thank you!

maxim080

Apr 12, 2013
maxim080 said:
Background:
Hello there,I applied through Uk canadian embassy.Previously I applied 1 year ago I refused.But this year I hired A very well known law firm in toronto,Canada.Later I discovered last year was actually lots of mistake.Even I did not complete all the form which caused me refusal.(its my opinion).

But this year my paper was very strong according to my law firm.

Want to know:

Today my law firm got one email from cic that
"His application has been finalized - his passport, original/notarized documents and decision letter have been mailed to him directly to his residential address using International Signed For delivery "

Whats that mean??
"His application has been finalized"

Thanks in Advance.
So here is the rest of story...

When they send me email Application has been finalised - his passport, original/notarised documents and decision letter have been mailed to him directly to his residential address ,they sent that email 11 april and i got that mail in 19 April.

Here is the reason for my refusal:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay.In reaching this decision,I considered severel factors,including
*Your Travel history
*Your immigration Status
*Purpose of visit

Yeah I know,You are thinking "Seriously" !!!!

Here is my explanation for

Reason 1(Your Travel history):I am international student in sweden.What that visa officer expect??I am already in travel in sweden.should i travel more beside my engineering study??!!

Reason 2(Your immigration Status): Hey!I am here student in Sweden with Temporary Resident Permit.What else I can do.Should I have to be illegal in sweden??

Reason 3(Your family ties in Canada and in you country of residence): Seriously?I am applying for study permit in canada and I am leaving away from my home country,I am staying here in sweden with TRP.Yes I do have some family member in canada but is that necessary I have to have family member in canada for getting study permit!!

Reason 4(Purpose of visit)::wow! Hello!I am applying to you with at least 5 kilogram of papers & now you do not know my purpose of visit in canada! Okay let me clarify you I am applying for student visa and this is my purpose of visit in canada!!

Lesson Learned after that refusal: If you are not Uk citizen Do not apply anything about getting any kind of TRP from Uk canadian embassy!

About Appeal:Yes I can do appeal.But it will cost 8000 CAD and it will take approx. 1 year for getting the result.Chances are getting the visa 30%.According to my law firm.

What will I do:My law firm will submit a reconsideration letter to that specific visa officer with the explanation for every & each reason he/she was not satisfied according to my application.The reasons I described above.Chances Are getting the visa in this process 1%.

Thank you all for reading that thread more that 500 times,when I asked and when I was tensed.Only 3/4 people were answered and another 400+ visitors just read and nobody had any answer & knowledge about my question.if you do not want to give then why you expect to take.
Thank you!

Simcaur

Mar 8, 2013
Apply for GCMS. U need to know the exact reason for refusal. The format of refusal letter is just same for everyone. So to know the exact reasons apply for GCMS. Google ATIP.

maxim080

Apr 12, 2013
Simcaur said:
Apply for GCMS. U need to know the exact reason for refusal. The format of refusal letter is just same for everyone. So to know the exact reasons apply for GCMS. Google ATIP.
Thats the reason I got
*Your Travel history
*Your immigration Status
*Purpose of visit

Btw whats gcms?I googled little, its for finding the reason but is that will reconsider my application?

Simcaur

Mar 8, 2013
Ok what i mean is these points r already in the refusal letter sent to everyone. they just tick them which is more matched to your case but the exact and The only way to know for sure what motivated the officer's decision is to do an Access to Information (ATI) request for a copy of your Global Case Management System (GCMS) student visa (Study permit application). That way you can see what the officer's notes and hopefully identify what the concerns were and then determine whether the decision was properly justified so that you can re-apply and address these concerns directly in a second application.

To make an ATI request, you will need a friend in Canada authorized to act on your behalf or you could ask an accredited immigration consultant or immigration lawyer for assistance.

ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT PROCEDURE - IMMIGRATION CANADA
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION TO AN INDIVIDUAL
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.PDF

It will help you when you decide to file again. Good luck

maxim080

Apr 12, 2013
Simcaur said:
Ok what i mean is these points r already in the refusal letter sent to everyone. they just tick them which is more matched to your case but the exact and The only way to know for sure what motivated the officer's decision is to do an Access to Information (ATI) request for a copy of your Global Case Management System (GCMS) student visa (Study permit application). That way you can see what the officer's notes and hopefully identify what the concerns were and then determine whether the decision was properly justified so that you can re-apply and address these concerns directly in a second application.

To make an ATI request, you will need a friend in Canada authorized to act on your behalf or you could ask an accredited immigration consultant or immigration lawyer for assistance.

ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT PROCEDURE - IMMIGRATION CANADA
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE INFORMATION TO AN INDIVIDUAL
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.PDF

It will help you when you decide to file again. Good luck
Thousand Thanks.Appreciate your time & effort.

Simcaur

Mar 8, 2013
No problem. Go ahead with it. It takes 30 days for the information to be emailed to you. But in some cases it does arrive in say 15 to 20 days. Also it just costs 5 to 10 dollars.