Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Oh dear! I hope I'm not making any one sick of me already with all my questions! Everyone has been so lovely and informative so far, thank you!

I was curious on how to assemble my application for PR.

There is a checklist for each (sponsorship and sponsor applicant) which is straight forward, but should I assemble the forms in order of the checklist? And if this is the case, since some forms ask for evidence etc., do I put attachments for each form behind the specified form? Making some sort of sandwich? Should I make duplicates if multiple forms ask for the same evidence? Or should I just include all attachments at the back of the forms and hope the agent will pull what they need from the bundle I've provided?

Thank you! :)
Very close to sending off the application now!!!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Put the forms in the order in the checklist. You can add any evidence asked for in a particular form right after that form, or you can put all the evidence in its own group at the end. You do not need to put two copies of the same piece of evidence in different places.

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
canadianwoman said:
Put the forms in the order in the checklist. You can add any evidence asked for in a particular form right after that form, or you can put all the evidence in its own group at the end. You do not need to put two copies of the same piece of evidence in different places.
Oh thank you! That makes things a lot less confusing. Thank you :D

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
For me I found the end to be the most stressful, because I kept second guessing myself.

Yes, just follow the checklist...canadianwoman is right...add additional sheets directly after the form (make sure you have properly IDed the additional sheets with your name, the IMM form number, and the question).

I'd also suggest making an appendix for any forms / documents on the checklist that are not applicable (just to show CIC that you know of those forms, but they are not applicable, so you are not including them).

Put yourself in the visa officer's shoes and make it as easy as possible by being organized, but not going overboard which may actually work against you.

Keep the sponsor IMM forms + support documents separate from the principal applicant IMM forms.

I had a total of 5 A4 sized envelopes labeled as follows (also with the contents for each envelope listed under the title):

1. Envelope 1 of 5 - Sponsor Immigration Forms and Supporting Documents
2. Envelope 2 of 5 - Principal Applicant Immigration Forms + Supporting Documents
3. Envelope 3 of 5 - Proof of Relationship (travel documents, health insurance, rental contract, ID cards, etc...)
4. Envelope 4 of 5 - Proof of Relationship (birthday cards, Christmas cards, etc - all original - 21 in total)
5. Envelope 5 of 5 - Proof of Relationship (photographs x 160!)

I should have made a thread about how I organized everything, as I think I did a pretty good job keeping this neat and tidy, while at the same time making everything very easy for the visa officer...perhaps if I get some free time I will do...

Good luck!

FS

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Fencesitter said:
For me I found the end to be the most stressful, because I kept second guessing myself.

Yes, just follow the checklist...canadianwoman is right...add additional sheets directly after the form (make sure you have properly IDed the additional sheets with your name, the IMM form number, and the question).

I'd also suggest making an appendix for any forms / documents on the checklist that are not applicable (just to show CIC that you know of those forms, but they are not applicable, so you are not including them).

Put yourself in the visa officer's shoes and make it as easy as possible by being organized, but not going overboard which may actually work against you.

Keep the sponsor IMM forms + support documents separate from the principal applicant IMM forms.

I had a total of 5 A4 sized envelopes labeled as follows (also with the contents for each envelope listed under the title):

1. Envelope 1 of 5 - Sponsor Immigration Forms and Supporting Documents
2. Envelope 2 of 5 - Principal Applicant Immigration Forms + Supporting Documents
3. Envelope 3 of 5 - Proof of Relationship (travel documents, health insurance, rental contract, ID cards, etc...)
4. Envelope 4 of 5 - Proof of Relationship (birthday cards, Christmas cards, etc - all original - 21 in total)
5. Envelope 5 of 5 - Proof of Relationship (photographs x 160!)

I should have made a thread about how I organized everything, as I think I did a pretty good job keeping this neat and tidy, while at the same time making everything very easy for the visa officer...perhaps if I get some free time I will do...

Good luck!

FS

WOW! That's incredible advice! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply with all that information for me. It makes things a lot clearer for me when thinking of how to put my application together. I like the idea of the envelopes, as that seems clean and organized without being over the top. Then I can refer to each envelope such as "we took a trip to Disneyland together, please see envelope #4 and #5 for photos and itinerary" and such :) That's great! I'd love to read a full post about how you put together your application! I hope you do get the time to write one, it'd be a huge help for a lot of people, and maybe they'd make it a sticky thread!