+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
In 2017, the average processing time for FSWC is 4 months according to their stats,.
Where did you get these stats? Is it for all over globe? Did it mention Sri Lanka's stat alone?

Though the average was 4 months, most of the applications processed within 2 months or even less than that..Given that the information provided was accurate and complete...However, it is not the case in 2018...Seems like...

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
And another thing, our 6 months waiting time starts when the R10 check is completed. Basically once after the medical is passed it seems

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
And another thing, our 6 months waiting time starts when the R10 check is completed. Basically once after the medical is passed it seems
Not sure about that...Some are saying from AOR to PPR...That is from the date after getting the acknowledgement from CIC after submitting the PR application...

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
Where did you get these stats? Is it for all over globe? Did it mention Sri Lanka's stat alone?

Though the average was 4 months, most of the applications processed within 2 months or even less than that..Given that the information provided was accurate and complete...However, it is not the case in 2018...Seems like...

80 % of the PRs have processed n 4 months (Globally)Those are official results. I got to know from a whats app group I have currently subscribed. The processing time depends on the dependents as well. one of my friends got PPR within 1 month from AOR.

Currently, Ottawa LVO is issuing PPRs for May & April Aors.

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
Not sure about that...Some are saying from AOR to PPR...That is from the date after getting the acknowledgement from CIC after submitting the PR application...
Nope it clearly states that we should count 6 months once the R10 check is completed.

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
80 % of the PRs have processed n 4 months (Globally)Those are official results. I got to know from a whats app group I have currently subscribed. The processing time depends on the dependents as well. one of my friends got PPR within 1 month from AOR.

Currently, Ottawa LVO is issuing PPRs for May & April Aors.
Ok, Thanks for the details...Can we also subscribe into that WhatsApp Group? How this LOV thing works? Do you have any idea...Do all Sri Lankan applications assigned to a specific LOV or it depends based on case by case?

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
Ok, Thanks for the details...Can we also subscribe into that WhatsApp Group? How this LOV thing works? Do you have any idea...Do all Sri Lankan applications assigned to a specific LOV or it depends based on case by case?
I think it depends on the workload. They distribute work among Visa offices around the globe.
Yes sure I will inbox you a number of what app group admin. Yo can send him a message

neoprime1989

Mar 4, 2018
I have assessed my BIT Degree (University of Colombo) from WES. It was a 3 year Degree programme. However, they have considered it as "Bachelor's degree ( four years)" without any problems.

Since BCS also a credible organization, you'd not have any problems getting assessed them..please go for it.
Thanks Heshan.

I have a Bachelor's Degree from University of Colombo and it was assessed as a 4 year degree by WES. What I want is to do another certificate/diploma so that I can be eligible for "2 or more" category. So before doing such a course, I need to make sure it is recognised by WES. I thought of doing Certificate in IT of BCS. What is your opinion about it? Do you know anyone who has got an ECA for any BCS qualification?

Thanks

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
Thanks Heshan.

I have a Bachelor's Degree from University of Colombo and it was assessed as a 4 year degree by WES. What I want is to do another certificate/diploma so that I can be eligible for "2 or more" category. So before doing such a course, I need to make sure it is recognised by WES. I thought of doing Certificate in IT of BCS. What is your opinion about it? Do you know anyone who has got an ECA for any BCS qualification?

Thanks
HI you need to do a course which can be called as a diploma or higher..and should be 1 year or more. less than 1 year are not considered

Reactions: neoprime1989

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks Heshan.

Thanks
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who got their BCS credentials assessed from WES. However, I think It should valid in Canada...Refer https://www.bcs.org/category/19120...

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018

neoprime1989

Mar 4, 2018
In the Canada Immigration web site under CRS Criteria it says,
"Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
HI you need to do a course which can be called as a diploma or higher..and should be 1 year or more. less than 1 year are not considered
as I am aware of, a certificate is adequate if it's a course of one year.

Gamage

Sep 18, 2018
I have assessed my BIT Degree (University of Colombo) from WES. It was a 3 year Degree programme. However, they have considered it as "Bachelor's degree ( four years)" without any problems.

Since BCS also a credible organization, you'd not have any problems getting assessed them..please go for it.
Hi Heshan,
How was the WES assessment process handled with UOC, did the university directly send transcripts to WES or what exactly was the procedure ?