+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants for Skilled trades program (FSTP) 2014 within Canada

djnaman

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can somebody answer my previous question it would be so much of a help for my friend.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
IF and onli IF he gets a new work permit, it would be valid only until April 1st 2015. The position does not make any difference in the 4 year limit for TFW. If the idea is to change the work permit in order to qualify under CEC , he won't have the time to gain the required experience.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
djnaman said:
Hi my friends employer is giving him a kitchen supervisor post now but before he was a cook and his workpermit is expiring in april next year.Do you think he will get a workpermit??as its gona be his 7 years and his 4 year thing will end next year in april.His just worried if he will get it or not...so can someone answer me please!
if he gets approved, his wp won't be past April 1st. He won't be able to get the requiered experience in the new position.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
djnaman said:
Hi my friends employer is giving him a kitchen supervisor post now but before he was a cook and his workpermit is expiring in april next year.Do you think he will get a workpermit??as its gona be his 7 years and his 4 year thing will end next year in april.His just worried if he will get it or not...so can someone answer me please!

His work permit won't be extended past April 1st. He won't have time to gain required experience.

djnaman

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if he gets supervisor lmia?as some of the people say for supervisors theres no 4 year thing to follow.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
djnaman said:
Even if he gets supervisor lmia?as some of the people say for supervisors theres no 4 year thing to follow.
Who told you that ? Not true ! The only exemptions are for NOC O (managers ) NOC A (profesional) occupations and work permits under Nafta . They Cannot change the Position just to get an extension in the 4 cumulative years.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
djnaman said:
Kitchen supervisor NOC 6212 (NOC B) not elegible for CEC either.

djnaman

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susana said:
Who told you that ? Not true ! The only exemptions are for NOC O (managers ) NOC A (profesional) occupations and work permits under Nafta . They Cannot change the Position just to get an extension in the 4 cumulative years.
my friends lawyer told him,am not sure if his correct or not. Even his wife is on open work permit and he thinks that is she gets any lmia they both can stay in canada. i dont know if his lawyer is giving him correct information or not but am trying my best to help him out as he only got 5 months left and the worst thing is he didnt apply pr till now.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
djnaman said:
my friends lawyer told him,am not sure if his correct or not. Even his wife is on open work permit and he thinks that is she gets any lmia they both can stay in canada. i dont know if his lawyer is giving him correct information or not but am trying my best to help him out as he only got 5 months left and the worst thing is he didnt apply pr till now.
Not with a B NOC ...unfortunately !

djnaman

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susana said:
Not with a B NOC ...unfortunately !

ok thanks so much for all your help.my friend has asked his employer to give him manager position so that he can apply for a workpermit,lets see if this works out or not.