Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Additional Visa Office Closures and Procedural Changes

19 Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) local offices are closed as of June 1, 2012. In addition, front counter services will be eliminated at the remaining open offices.

counter services will be eliminated at the remaining open offices.

Offices at the following locations are now closed: Kelowna, Nanaimo, Prince George, Victoria, Lethbridge, Regina, Barrie, Kingston, Oshawa, Sault Ste-Marie, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, Gatineau, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivieres, Saint John, Moncton, and Charlottetown.

Individuals wishing to receive services from the remaining open offices can only do so by appointment. Signs have been posted at all offices inviting individuals to access CIC services through the CIC website or by contacting CIC’s call centre.

As of June 1, 2012, new applications that would normally be sent to an office that is now closed will be referred according to the table below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/images/cictable1.jpg

Please note that the CIC in Moncton will continue to receive and process files until October 2012 while remaining fully closed to the public. In October 2012, all processing will be transferred to CIC Fredericton.

takingchances

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New Study Shows Canadians Enjoy High Quality of Life

The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has published its annual Better Life Index report. For 2012, it ranked Canada as one of the ten best countries in the world in terms of the quality of life that its citizens enjoy.

When comparing 11 key well-being indicators, Canada placed 6th in the world. This continues a trend of high performance on the Better Life Index - in 2011 the country ranked 2nd overall. In many aspects, Canada possessed the highest quality of life scores. For instance, 9 in 10 Canadians are satisfied with their living situation, and 8 in 10 are comfortable walking alone at night. On an overall scale ranking ‘life satisfaction’, Canadians graded their happiness an impressive 7.4.

Canada leads in other factors as well. It possesses one of the smallest jobs and earnings gaps between men and women. In additional indicators such as good governance, environmental protection, population health, and income, the country also continues to lead.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
nice info takingchances........keep up the good work.....+1 to keep u motivated :)

goti

Star Member
Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Received at Nova scotia 19-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER ON 20-10-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
2nd Line added to ecas on 30/07/2012
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-08-2012,RPRF encashed on 22/8/12, Med received line on 28/8/12 to 1/9/12
Interview........
It is waived due to Decision made line on 06/09/12
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 6/9/12 and Canadian Add on 7/9/12.STAMPED PASSPORT RECEIVED 8/9/12
LANDED..........
Landed on 21 st Mar 13
jaggy999 said:
GOOD MORNING GUYS........Its raining heavily in Mumbai(monsoon started).

Wonder when the real monsoon of MR would start.......C'mon VO all over.....make us happy ;)
Just checking forum after thursday, jaggy brother I am in bombay when there is heavy raining on friday morning.yes we want real rain of MR

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
jaggy999 said:
Babbubhai u r a rockstar for me and this thread........I personally didn't like you saying that you wasted ur energy on this thread(for me I have channelled my energy in positive direction in this thread by providin hope and learning patience which I didn't have earlier in life).

That can happen........very easy to lose interest after waiting for long, just as in your case.

Think about those ppl who are waiting since 2008........want to say this to each and every member on this thread......What will happen if my visa got rejected or it will take another 2 yrs, what would I do........it was then that I made certain rules and follow it even now to stay happy and not get depressed. I'm a pessimist by heart, so plz don't take my comments negatively.

What if you don't get visas or it takes a lot of time to finalize:
1.Thats not the end of the world! It doesn't change anything in life. Things continue to be as excellent as they were before.
2.Think postively but be ready to face failures, they make you stronger in life.
3.We did our best.........gettin a visa(even processing) or rejection is not in our hands.
4.We can always apply a second time, by rectifying our mistakes if any....Think about it.
5.If you meant to be in Canada..........you will definitely be there.

I will try to cheer you guys up ......this was just my way of doing it.....BE HAPPY AND STRONG........NEVER LOSE FAITH IN GOD
Hope for the best prepare for the worst....

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
Great new outlook babbu phaji to your profile....

takingchances

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rawlin4bbhh said:
Good info taking chances
Is there any update on cic new rules for MI5...
Please keep an eye...
Yeah sure rawlin will definitely update new info

takingchances

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most of you already know this, but still this information is for some of the newbies in the forum.

This is another important tool possessed by the local visa officer which is called Substituted Evaluation.

R76(3) makes possible substituted evaluation by an officer. This authority may be used if an officer believes the point total is not a sufficient indicator of whether or not the applicant may become economically established in Canada.
Substituted evaluation is to be considered on a case-by-case basis. The scope of what an officer might consider as relevant cannot be limited by a prescribed list of factors to be used in support of exercising substituted evaluation. There are any number and combination of considerations that
an officer might cite as being pertinent to assessing, as per the wording of R76(3): “. . . the likelihood of the ability of the skilled worker to become economically established in Canada. . . .”
Frequency of use will vary from visa office to visa office, as some will find in their caseloads more situations of disconnect between the point total and establishment prospects than will others. The fact that the applicant “almost attained” a pass mark is not, in itself, grounds to recommend the use of substituted evaluation. Rather, the officer needs to identify and document the facts
demonstrating that the points awarded are not a sufficient indicator of the applicant's ability to become economically established in Canada.

For legal clarity, officers should employ the terms used in legislation, such as “substituted evaluation” or “ability to become economically established.”

Federal Court case law indicates that if an applicant or their representative requests orally or in writing that the officer consider exercising these powers in the applicant’s favour, officers must examine the circumstances. There is no requirement that an interview be conducted in all cases when the applicant did not make a compelling case for substituted evaluation. If officers do not consider substituted evaluation appropriate in the circumstances, they should indicate this in file notes and in the refusal letter. Officers do not need the concurrence of the designated officer to deny requests for the use of positive substituted evaluation.

takingchances

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All refused skilled worker applicants, including those refused for non-compliance with processing requirements, must be sent or otherwise provided a formal refusal letter. The letter must:

• inform the applicant of the categories or circumstances under which the application was considered;

• provide a listing of the points awarded in respect of each selection factor;

• fully inform the applicant why the application has been refused.

Note: The refusal letter should not indicate that the applicant has been made a member of an inadmissible class as a result of their failure to qualify as a skilled worker.

Appendix A – Refusal - Minimal requirements for skilled worker - sample letter

Dear :
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

(a) within the 10 years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident
visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time (37.5 hours/week) employment experience, as described in subsection 80(7), or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

(c) (c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet the (choose one or more: first, second, third) part of these requirements because (provide reasons.)

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO)
in Sydney, Nova Scotia, is refundable. You will receive a cheque from the CIO within 8-12 weeks.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

sincerely, Officer

not sure

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
takingchances said:
All refused skilled worker applicants, including those refused for non-compliance with processing requirements, must be sent or otherwise provided a formal refusal letter. The letter must:

• inform the applicant of the categories or circumstances under which the application was considered;

• provide a listing of the points awarded in respect of each selection factor;

• fully inform the applicant why the application has been refused.

Note: The refusal letter should not indicate that the applicant has been made a member of an inadmissible class as a result of their failure to qualify as a skilled worker.

Appendix A – Refusal - Minimal requirements for skilled worker - sample letter

Dear :
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

(a) within the 10 years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident
visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time (37.5 hours/week) employment experience, as described in subsection 80(7), or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

(b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

(c) (c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet the (choose one or more: first, second, third) part of these requirements because (provide reasons.)

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO)
in Sydney, Nova Scotia, is refundable. You will receive a cheque from the CIO within 8-12 weeks.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

sincerely, Officer

+1

GOOD JOB BRO 8) 8) 8)