+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant name mistake in Passport request - need advise

mv4111

Mar 29, 2023
Hi. For this, we got the correct name on the passport stamp and we had no problem at the airport at all. We submitted our application at VFS Chandigarh by hand. Alongwith that, we submitted a letter describing the issue. Before submission, we raised a web form indicating the problem and also wrote a letter to Delhi immigration( it was delhi immigration which issued PPR in our case).
Hlo, i m facing same issue with name 's misspelling.. please can u describe what u said vfs for correcting this ??

Reactions: jay21

Dare77

Nov 28, 2019
Hlo i faced same issue with name 's misspelling.. please can u describe what u did for correcting this??
We raised webform to inform IRCC. After 2 weeks name has been corrected in gckey account
My wife will be submitting a passport with same Ready for visa email on Monday at vfs
Did you get it corrected?

harjeet5266

Jul 6, 2023
I have also faced the same problem in my PPR my surname is not mentioned there and when I am putting the request for passport submission then showing Name mismatch

please can u describe what u did for correcting this??

nayauser

Jul 28, 2023
While taking biometrics, the person at the desk reconfirms 2 or 3 times, your name and cross checks what is in the passport provided and only then proceeds to take the biometrics. So unless you have entered the name not matching with the current passport, VFS or IRCC does not randomly change the name.
Absolutely wrong!! They did and thats what I just noticed for my application

nayauser

Jul 28, 2023
What was the outcome??
Hi. For this, we got the correct name on the passport stamp and we had no problem at the airport at all. We submitted our application at VFS Chandigarh by hand. Alongwith that, we submitted a letter describing the issue. Before submission, we raised a web form indicating the problem and also wrote a letter to Delhi immigration( it was delhi immigration which issued PPR in our case).
What was the outcome? You got correct name in visa?

Rahul Nashit

Nov 15, 2023
Hello, can any one please tell me about TRV application.
So, the thing is I sent my passport for TRV . But I sent confirmation letter of TRV with passport rather than the letter we should received after few days of submitting TRV application( which mentioned that you will send you passport for TRV).
What the process I have to do now.
wait until they will send my passport back without doing anything
Or
I will withdraw the TRV application
Or I will withdraw the TRV application, am I eligible for again to apply for TRV.

PoojaPatil

Apr 12, 2024
Hello experts,

I submitted my parents application through new IRCC portal since first application was earlier 2021. Applicant Name for both application is "Mahendrabhai" and some how passport request issued with "Mahendrakumar" (this name was mention in previously used name and also submitted affidavit that both name are for same person as some of financial documents are still under older name).
Has anyone have sort of experience?
I have raised the webform and submitted evidence to suggest that applicant name is wrong in PPR.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks
What you guys did?facing same issue

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
Applied for Supervisa from outside Canada.
Applied On : 28/June/2024
Passport request: 20/July/2024

Here’s the catch: Name is different on application submission letter & passport request letter, rest of the details including Biometric numbers and application, address all info same.

Applicant’s spousal name is part of given name but IRCC put applicant’s father name instead.

What should I do? I sent webform but it will take long & only 30 days timelimit to send passport for visa stamping.

They don’t talk on call for outland visitor visa application.

OR Should I just send for stamping?

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
I have also faced the same problem in my PPR my surname is not mentioned there and when I am putting the request for passport submission then showing Name mismatch

please can u describe what u did for correcting this??
Hi I am facing same issue. What you did? Name is wrong in PPR letter.
What was the outcome? Did you send passport with same mistaken letter? Please tell