+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant name mistake in Passport request - need advise

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
We raised webform to inform IRCC. After 2 weeks name has been corrected in gckey account
My wife will be submitting a passport with same Ready for visa email on Monday at vfs
Did you get it corrected?
After GC key update did you send the mistaken PPR letter with passport or IRCC issued new PPR letter?

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
Hlo, i m facing same issue with name 's misspelling.. please can u describe what u said vfs for correcting this ??
Hi I am facing same issue. What you did? Name is wrong in PPR letter.
What was the outcome? Did you send passport with same mistaken letter? Please tell

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
Hi. For this, we got the correct name on the passport stamp and we had no problem at the airport at all. We submitted our application at VFS Chandigarh by hand. Alongwith that, we submitted a letter describing the issue. Before submission, we raised a web form indicating the problem and also wrote a letter to Delhi immigration( it was delhi immigration which issued PPR in our case).
How do you know that Delhi immigration had issued a letter? & how did you write them a letter did you send it in courier? What’s the address?

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
Hlo i faced same issue with name 's misspelling.. please can u describe what u did for correcting this??
Hi I am facing same issue. What you did? Name is wrong in PPR letter.
What was the outcome? Did you send passport with same mistaken letter? Please tell

parag@2704

Jun 25, 2024
Hi. For this, we got the correct name on the passport stamp and we had no problem at the airport at all. We submitted our application at VFS Chandigarh by hand. Alongwith that, we submitted a letter describing the issue. Before submission, we raised a web form indicating the problem and also wrote a letter to Delhi immigration( it was delhi immigration which issued PPR in our case).
Hello mkaur1205

Parag here,
I have a concern about spelling mistake on main applicants father's name. i applied SOWP on last week( 18 June, 2024) by myself but i did a spelling mistake in my father's name ( given name ) for example, i wrote my father's name PARAGBBHAI instead of PARAGBHAI, there is an only one word Extra which is "B". Even i got a biometric letter with wrong spelling, so could you please tell me what should i do next? even i raised web form too but i did get any response from ircc.
is VFS office have a right to correct a name ? can i give biometric with this wrong spelling BIL or is there any big problems?
how can i wrote a letter to Delhi immigration and how can i send them this letter ?

Thank you

Reactions: jay21

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
Hello mkaur1205

Parag here,
I have a concern about spelling mistake on main applicants father's name. i applied SOWP on last week( 18 June, 2024) by myself but i did a spelling mistake in my father's name ( given name ) for example, i wrote my father's name PARAGBBHAI instead of PARAGBHAI, there is an only one word Extra which is "B". Even i got a biometric letter with wrong spelling, so could you please tell me what should i do next? even i raised web form too but i did get any response from ircc.
is VFS office have a right to correct a name ? can i give biometric with this wrong spelling BIL or is there any big problems?
how can i wrote a letter to Delhi immigration and how can i send them this letter ?

Thank you
Did you receive any reply for webform? If you are in canada you can call them. Email VFS for the issue and ask their opinion.
info.canada@vfshelpline.com
I hope this help I am in same boat but mistake is done by IRCC on Passport request letter. Don’t know what to do. Please let me know if you get any response from IRCC

parag@2704

Jun 25, 2024
Did you receive any reply for webform? If you are in canada you can call them. Email VFS for the issue and ask their opinion.
info.canada@vfshelpline.com
I hope this help I am in same boat but mistake is done by IRCC on Passport request letter. Don’t know what to do. Please let me know if you get any response from IRCC
Hello jay
I didn't get any response of webf form by ircc.
I call them twice but they can't change anything by call. They say you have to raise a Web form and you have to wait for Web form reply from ircc officer.
Even i have no idea what can we do next.
Thank you.

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
I have also faced the same problem in my PPR my surname is not mentioned there and when I am putting the request for passport submission then showing Name mismatch

please can u describe what u did for correcting this??

Hi please tell me what you did to resolve it? What reply got from webform? Did you submitted in 30 days?