+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

bukharig8

Jul 26, 2012
Hi,

I have sent my application in December last years and the CIC office received my application on 23 Dec 2014. Last week, they returned my application by saying that it's incomplete. They did not count my working hours properly and the only reason of incomplete application which they have mentioned was number of hours are less than the defined criteria. I have sent my application back yesterday with proof that it was the mistake in counting the hours. My question is, whether they will consider my application again or not because EE has been launched since January 2015. I applied under FSW PhD category. Waiting for reply.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bukharig8 said:
Hi,

I have sent my application in December last years and the CIC office received my application on 23 Dec 2014. Last week, they returned my application by saying that it's incomplete. They did not count my working hours properly and the only reason of incomplete application which they have mentioned was number of hours are less than the defined criteria. I have sent my application back yesterday with proof that it was the mistake in counting the hours. My question is, whether they will consider my application again or not because EE has been launched since January 2015. I applied under FSW PhD category. Waiting for reply.
You should have done it through a lawyer.

bukharig8

Jul 26, 2012
Diplomatru said:
You should have done it through a lawyer.
I talked to a consultant, she said as they did not say that they have closed your application. So in my view, your application is kind of on-going. Another thing, on my application they have stamped (received on 23rd Dec and sign). But I am worried about EE system, they could reject again by saying apply through express entry.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
bukharig8 said:
Hi,

I also got mine returned for the same reason. I decided that instead of sending the whole thing again with an additional explanation of their mistake, I would only send a letter explaining and attach copies of the related documents.

I'm not sure which one of us did the right thing, but let's hope someone who is more reasonable gets our stuff this time. We should keep in touch in case further action is required (going through an MP or lawyer).

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Hi espg_007, when did u submit ur application?

espg_007 said:
I also got mine returned for the same reason. I decided that instead of sending the whole thing again with an additional explanation of their mistake, I would only send a letter explaining and attach copies of the related documents.

I'm not sure which one of us did the right thing, but let's hope someone who is more reasonable gets our stuff this time. We should keep in touch in case further action is required (going through an MP or lawyer).

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
gavin_cic said:
Hi espg_007, when did u submit ur application?
It was received by CIO around Oct 30 I think, and was sent back late December. Unfortunately I wasn't in Canada so I only got it about 2 weeks ago.

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi all,

I have a quick question about RPRF receipt. Should I send it to "CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca" as well, or just to "CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca"?

Thanks.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chenying3612 said:
Hi all,

I have a quick question about RPRF receipt. Should I send it to "CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca" as well, or just to "CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais @ cic.gc.ca"?

Thanks.
The latter

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bukharig8 said:
I talked to a consultant, she said as they did not say that they have closed your application. So in my view, your application is kind of on-going. Another thing, on my application they have stamped (received on 23rd Dec and sign). But I am worried about EE system, they could reject again by saying apply through express entry.
They didn't close your application because unless they deem your file complete and charge cost recovery fee, they don't consider it an application and don't assign any number. It is NOT ongoing, it's non-existant.

If and only if an administrative error took place (the one that can be contested in legal court), your application will not be processed as FSW2014 is over.

Fred83

Jan 22, 2015
Hi,

I have applied for PR under the PhD stream. Here is a summary of my application status:

18 Oct 2014: application submitted
29 Dec 2014: credit card charged
22 Jan 2014: File number received

So, I've just received an email from Centralized Intake Office of Sydney saying that I am eligible for further processing by a Visa Office. At this time, I want to update them with my address change and some documents, but they didn't provide me with any address for further contact. I was wondering if you guys have any idea on how I can mail them the documents.

Thank you

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fred83 said:
Hi,

I have applied for PR under the PhD stream. Here is a summary of my application status:

So, I've just received an email from Centralized Intake Office of Sydney saying that I am eligible for further processing by a Visa Office. At this time, I want to update them with my address change and some documents, but they didn't provide me with any address for further contact. I was wondering if you guys have any idea on how I can mail them the documents.

Thank you
Access CAS and you will see the link to change address in the upper right corner of the page

bukharig8

Jul 26, 2012
Diplomatru said:
They didn't close your application because unless they deem your file complete and charge cost recovery fee, they don't consider it an application and don't assign any number. It is NOT ongoing, it's non-existant.

If and only if an administrative error took place (the one that can be contested in legal court), your application will not be processed as FSW2014 is over.
I provided two letters and they have counted the working hours written in one letter. I my explanation, I have proved that you did mistake in calculation. Thats why I am assuming they should accept.

Geotherm

Nov 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
C-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Doc's Request.
20-02-2015
AOR Received.
PER 23-12-2014
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
Interview........
MR Uploaded 06-06-2015 DM 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-062015
Fred83 said:
Hi,

Thank you
Congratulations that is what we call PER (Positive Eligibility Review) in this forum. To change your address use this link and log in with the info sent to you through PER. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

ehsan.isf

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
ehsan.isf said:
Hi Guys,

I really appreciate if you could help me. According to Canada Express Post tracking system, I know that my PhD stream PR application should be received by CPC office at Sydney, Nova Scotia at Dec 1, 2014. However, I am not still able to track my PR application through CIC online system after more than 1.5 month!. I was wondering it is because that I haven`t received my File No or there might be another reason. I use my UCI No to track but it says there is no information for this UCI No. I was wondering if anyone were able to see its application status (at least the date in which the application package is received by the office) before getting File No?