+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zhougt

May 15, 2012
N_O said:
Hello Zhougt,

As there is a note regarding the POF which you sent it in the same email, I think they attached your reference letter to your application too. Also check under the incoming section, it will list any item was received by mail or email.
I am not sure how to know the time of assignment too, mine isn't assigned to anyone yet!
Regarding your reference letter, you do not have to list the NOC number also you do not have to sign it from your department, your supervisor can sign it by himself, just make sure it is printed on the department letterhead.

Good luck!
So my reference letter is fine, right?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zhougt said:
So my reference letter is fine, right?
I think yes. Try to read the mos recent successful letters also, you can find it in my signature.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
David2013 said:
I received my medical request today. I would be thankful if you could update my timeline. :)
Congrats!

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2014 (COPR Received)
Just an update on my status. I'm a September 2012 applicant. Received my GCMS notes today. My assessment date has been pushed back, yet again. It now shows a deadline of 13 January 2014. It has been pushed back repeatedly, first from August 2013, to November 2013, and now to January 2014.

The first assessment done in November 2012 had only given me 61 points, based on reference letters that they said did not match lead statements. I sent updated reference letters, but as of now, no new assessment by FA01772 has been done yet.

So, the waiting goes on….

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
northyorkca said:
Just an update on my status. I'm a September 2012 applicant. Received my GCMS notes today. My assessment date has been pushed back, yet again. It now shows a deadline of 13 January 2014. It has been pushed back repeatedly, first from August 2013, to November 2013, and now to January 2014.

The first assessment done in November 2012 had only given me 61 points, based on reference letters that they said did not match lead statements. I sent updated reference letters, but as of now, no new assessment by FA01772 has been done yet.

So, the waiting goes on....
maybe today you can get your RPRF.
and I got a letter from FA01772 today, ask me to explain do not to intend to live in QC. :(

L_Bloom

Jun 20, 2012
Hello everyone,

I finally got our (my wife's and mine) passports with the "immigrant visas". I found 2 options in order to get PR cards: 1. to cross the border and come back or to meet the immigration officer in Toronto. My USA visa expired 6 month ago. It was the reason to arrange meeting with the officer but I found that I have to wait at least 4 month. I know that some people drove cars in order to cross Canadian border and maid u-turns before reached the US immigration. I do not want to follow CIC advice (I called to CIC) and get 'technical refusal to enter the US' from the US immigration. I know several persons who got it and after that they had a lot of troubles with the US immigration office.
May be someone knows how to to cross Canadian border and did not get troubles with the US immigration?
I found the instruction how to turn to Canadian immigration before crossing the US border but some details are unclear for me.
Unfortunately I cannot post links here.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
L_Bloom said:
Hello everyone,

I finally got our (my wife's and mine) passports with the "immigrant visas". I found 2 options in order to get PR cards: 1. to cross the border and come back or to meet the immigration officer in Toronto. My USA visa expired 6 month ago. It was the reason to arrange meeting with the officer but I found that I have to wait at least 4 month. I know that some people drove cars in order to cross Canadian border and maid u-turns before reached the US immigration. I do not want to follow CIC advice (I called to CIC) and get 'technical refusal to enter the US' from the US immigration. I know several persons who got it and after that they had a lot of troubles with the US immigration office.
May be someone knows how to to cross Canadian border and did not get troubles with the US immigration?
I found the instruction how to turn to Canadian immigration before crossing the US border but some details are unclear for me.
Unfortunately I cannot post links here.
Congratulations for your PR :)

Since I'm assuming you live close to Toronto, may I suggest that you do landing at Peace Bridge (connecting Fort Erie, ON and Buffalo, NY)? That's what I, anjuku and several other of my friends did, and we did not at all deal with the US border. It's only like 2.5 hour drive from Toronto, so it's not that far.

Just before entering the bridge, there would be some sort of a sign that says something like 'Turn back to Canada' or something similar, then you make the U-turn, back into Canada that way.

No administrative refusal, and no dealing with the US border agents, who can be infinitely worse than the Canadian ones. Good luck :)

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2014 (COPR Received)
maytheflower said:
maybe today you can get your RPRF.
and I got a letter from FA01772 today, ask me to explain do not to intend to live in QC. :(
Thanks for that update. We are part of the same timeline. I will post here if they ever contact me soon. Best wishes in giving them the explanation on leaving QC.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Anna2013 said:
I am early June 2012 applicant.
You have not heard yet! They have already assessed Sept. applicants. You should hear then very soon around your due date. Who knows what those guys are doing!