14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
megha_Ontario said:
FYI: I applied for GCMS notes on October 3rd and received them today!
Thanks for sharing that. Another user's been waiting for 2 months.

Ahmed2

Nov 4, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing your old and new ref. letters?
My suggestion would be to try MP asap. Emailing them and complaining would not bring you any result.
Thanks Hamed.. The different in the RA reference letters is mainly the added one year of experience but that can have some argument as the RA whole thing is not 100% clear. However, the adaptability points are straight forward and the rule is clear. I will try the MP. Don't you think I should write a letter to Ottawa?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Do both. I don't think it hurts. I think once you get refused they don't take your emails very serious and always tend to refuse your claims in email. By MP your word has more power, provided your claims are strict.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
aidina said:
Have nothing to say.
Just received my 4th set of GCMS note. They shifted my eligibility due date to 1st Dec, 2013. It was 1st OCt before. Total points has been revised to 74 (after updating the ref. letter)which was 70 before (did not count the RA-TA experience). Nothing changed in notes section. RCMP screening has been done at 4 months ago. Recommend passed on selection factor almost 6 month ago but still waiting :(

David2013

Jul 29, 2013
Ahmed2 said:
Dear All,

I just got rejected couple of days agofrom Ottawa :( They give me 66 points and they give me 0 adaptability points while my daughter is Canadian. My application score is based on the old points system since i applied on june 2012. I think they forgot to add her . Also, I sent an updated experience letter last month but they seem to count the original experience claimed on the file only which is one year less too. I don't know what should I do

Thanks
I am sorry to hear ...
I have the same situation but I applied in September 2012. I have an aunt in Canada but as I found in my CAPIS note, they did not give any point for adaptability.
It seems they have considered your updated RA letter since they have awarded you 66 points. I think that they did not give you any adaptability points. Could you please share with us your RA letter (old and new one)? How many hours per week did you claim in your RA letter and for how long (2 years or three years)? Did they tell you how many points you got for your RA experience?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Just received my 4th set of GCMS note. They shifted my eligibility due date to 1st Dec, 2013. It was 1st OCt before. Total points has been revised to 74 (after updating the ref. letter)which was 70 before (did not count the RA-TA experience). Nothing changed in notes section. RCMP screening has been done at 4 months ago. Recommend passed on selection factor almost 6 month ago but still waiting :(

When did you send your updated ref. letter? I want to estimate how soon should it sent in order to be considered.

What do you mean by this? which was 70 before (did not count the RA-TA experience).
They did not accept your RA/TA experience???

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Ahmed2 said:
Dear All,

I just got rejected couple of days agofrom Ottawa :( They give me 66 points and they give me 0 adaptability points while my daughter is Canadian. My application score is based on the old points system since i applied on june 2012. I think they forgot to add her . Also, I sent an updated experience letter last month but they seem to count the original experience claimed on the file only which is one year less too. I don't know what should I do

Thanks
I am sorry to hear your rejection! I have the same problem as I found in my CAIPS notes that they didn't award me any adaptability points, neither for my Canadian son nor to my spouse education! But I thought they may update the adaptability points in Ottawa later, after I read your story I became really concerned. So do you mind sharing their email with us? Regarding to the updated reference letter, I think you can easily figure out whether they counted it or not from your total experience points.
Send them an email ASAP; don't wait for their response, go to your MP with your supporting documents that shows your right in those 5 points. I think your appeal will be approved and Ottawa's decision will be reverted, as you applied before May 2013 so those 5 points should be granted easily!
Good Luck

Edit: Quot what is written in OP 6b
9.15. Adaptability
Pursuant to R83, the officer will assess the application and award a maximum of 10
adaptability points, as follows:
a) Educational credentials of the accompanying spouse or common-law partner: 3,4 or 5
b) Previous study in Canada: 5
c) Previous work in Canada: 5
d) Relatives in Canada: 5
Award five points if the applicant or accompanying spouse or common- law
partner has a relative (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a
parent, child of a grandparent, or grandchild of a parent) who is residing in
Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
ASG said:
Could you post your letter and both of the NOC descriptions here? My reply was a bit confusing, what I meant was that even if you did update the NOC code, they would likely find issues within the initial letter, so you might have to update BOTH.
The danger is to have duties matching several NOCs in the letter...You can totally get rejected based on that...

When I applied, I was careful to ask my prof to use wording corresponding to the NOC job duties I chose, but the description he gave of the rest of my duties meant rejection.
Hi ASG and fried:

Followings are duties of NOC 4161 and NOC 2123 and my duties in my job letter. First I chose 4161 but later i changed IMM 0008 where I chose NOC 2123 as my primary NOC. My job letter is in fact too general as I did not prepare job letter to match duties of any NOCs, I got my letters for general purpose when I left that institution. Please guys give your opinion about whether my job letter match with the NOC 2123.

NOC 4161: Technology transfer officers are responsible for transferring and integrating new technologies, usually from university or government research and development environments, to commercial and industrial applications and ensure the protection of intellectual property of researchers and developers.

NOC 2123: Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers on crop cultivation and fertilization, harvesting, animal and poultry care, disease prevention, farm management, farm financing, marketing and other agricultural subjects
Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other groups
Conduct research, analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports
Liaise with researchers, educators and government or business managers on matters pertaining to farming and agriculture
Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.

My job duties in my job letter: responsible for overall management of the project including staff supervision, deliver awareness raising and technical trainings on agriculture to the farmers, make regular field visit, organizing meeting with farmers association and identify their further needs and prepare annual work plan accordingly, and reporting of the project to .............

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
N_O, they no longer award adaptability points for spouse's education. It is indicated in the guide.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
N_O, they no longer award adaptability points for spouse's education. It is indicated in the guide.
I applied before May 2013, they were supposed to award 5 points for my Canadian son and 4 for my wife education!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
N_O said:
I applied before May 2013, they were supposed to award 5 points for my Canadian son and 4 for my wife education!
I read somewhere(I think in the guide) that they assess files according to the rules in effect at the time of processing. I also sent my app before May2013, but I am not sure they assess our files according to the old rules.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I read somewhere(I think in the guide) that they assess files according to the rules in effect at the time of processing. I also sent my app before May2013, but I am not sure they assess our files according to the old rules.
No, the assess the application according to the regulations were in effect when they received it. If what you said was true, then you were supposed to submit your credentials equivalency assessment!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
That is because of the damn strike. You have already passed another month. You will definitely hear from them very soon.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
N_O said:
No, the assess the application according to the regulations were in effect when they received it. If what you said was true, then you were supposed to submit your credentials equivalency assessment!
I really hope so, that's why I was in rush to send my app before May, but they seem to disapprove it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
Quote from the guide:

Staying informed
Selection criteria, requirements and other information for applicants can sometimes change. Please note that:

Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time they are assessed. Rules and regulations may change at any time, and changes may be applied to applications which have already been received.
Our website contains the latest news, selection criteria updates and application links. Check periodically for updated information and make sure you are aware of the requirements before you apply.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Willbeat said:
Hi ASG and fried:

Followings are duties of NOC 4161 and NOC 2123 and my duties in my job letter. First I chose 4161 but later i changed IMM 0008 where I chose NOC 2123 as my primary NOC. My job letter is in fact too general as I did not prepare job letter to match duties of any NOCs, I got my letters for general purpose when I left that institution. Please guys give your opinion about whether my job letter match with the NOC 2123.

NOC 4161: Technology transfer officers are responsible for transferring and integrating new technologies, usually from university or government research and development environments, to commercial and industrial applications and ensure the protection of intellectual property of researchers and developers.

NOC 2123: Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers on crop cultivation and fertilization, harvesting, animal and poultry care, disease prevention, farm management, farm financing, marketing and other agricultural subjects
Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other groups
Conduct research, analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports
Liaise with researchers, educators and government or business managers on matters pertaining to farming and agriculture
Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.

My job duties in my job letter: responsible for overall management of the project including staff supervision, deliver awareness raising and technical trainings on agriculture to the farmers, make regular field visit, organizing meeting with farmers association and identify their further needs and prepare annual work plan accordingly, and reporting of the project to .............
For ME it matches, for them, that's another story.

Would you mind posting your entire letter, and the entire NOC description? I do believe that the duties match, but you also need the lead statement, and if you don't have it, you will get rejected for sure.
So, post the entire thing and we'll likely be more able to help ;-)