+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
kuzey said:
I am not sure whether the on-line status has to be changed to "Decision Made" after getting passport request or not. I got the email on Aug. 06 and still my status is "In process" and it just says that they received my medical results.

I also ordered CAIPS on July-05 and haven't got it yet. Are these normal?
Regrading CAIPS, since they switched to the online form, they have had lots of problems I imagine. I did not receive mine after 50 days. I contacted them, and they could not track my application. They asked me to resubmit another application. I resubmitted the 2nd one about 20 days ago, and still waiting. Send them an inquiry, and do not wait 50 days as I did. Yours might have been lost as mine.

I also filed a complaint under the privacy act 10 days ago, still waiting for their response :). Probably that will take about 2 month to be resolved as well :).

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Thanks Aidina for your reply. This my second application too. Once I applied on May 23 and reapplied on July 5 for the same reason that you did ;).

I will definitely send an inquiry to them

aidina said:
Regrading CAIPS, since they switched to the online form, they have had lots of problems I imagine. I did not receive mine after 50 days. I contacted them, and they could not track my application. They asked me to resubmit another application. I resubmitted the 2nd one about 20 days ago, and still waiting. Send them an inquiry, and do not wait 50 days as I did. Yours might have been lost as mine.

I also filed a complaint under the privacy act 10 days ago, still waiting for their response :). Probably that will take about 2 month to be resolved as well :).

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
Guys!
I came back to a fundamental question.
What's the benefit of being a phd student and applying?
From what we all know we need to have one year of work experience, which if we have, we can apply under FSWP without being even a phd. Right?
So, I don't get the point of being a phd. Where on the application it helps us? Work experience as RA? No, cause we don't have to satisfy employment requirement. We can also claim other work experinece. Adaptability? No, cause they didn't award it to most of us.
Let's say I finished my phd 3 years ago. I can still apply under FSWP with merely my 4 years of RA/TA I had done during my studies cause it has happened during last 10 years. Aint I right?
I am confused :-?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
kuzey said:
Thanks Aidina for your reply. This my second application too. Once I applied on May 23 and reapplied on July 5 for the same reason that you did ;).

I will definitely send an inquiry to them
That is funny. Those people never cares about us! Then, my 2nd one could be lost again :).

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
MJ2 said:
Guys!
I came back to a fundamental question.
What's the benefit of being a phd student and applying?
From what we all know we need to have one year of work experience, which if we have, we can apply under FSWP without being even a phd. Right?
So, I don't get the point of being a phd. Where on the application it helps us? Work experience as RA? No, cause we don't have to satisfy employment requirement. We can also claim other work experinece. Adaptability? No, cause they didn't award it to most of us.
Let's say I finished my phd 3 years ago. I can still apply under FSWP with merely my 4 years of RA/TA I had done during my studies cause it has happened during last 10 years. Aint I right?
I am confused :-?
You missed noticing a basic rule here. You cannot apply under FSW general stream with one year experience in any one of the NOC skill O, A or B. That one year experience has to be under 29 job NOC codes mentioned in FSW guide. But for PhD students you can show one year experience in any one of the NOC skill level O, A or B. It does not necessarily have to be under those so called eligible 29 NOC codes mentioned in the FSW stream rules. If you have experience in one of those 29 NOC codes, you can apply under general FSW.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
This is getting even more ridiculous with each passing day. Got my second and third set of GCMS notes and no movement since, though they have properly documented attachment of updated documents to the file. Gonna order a new set to see how far have they pushed the due date now. Kazi`s has been october, lets see.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Stuck In Quebec said:
Got my second and third set of GCMS notes
Have your due dates changed between the second and the third set of GCMS?

Rayhaneh

Dec 2, 2012
Does anybody here know if I can change my address using the online service? Both my previous and current addresses are in Canada, but my application is being processed outside Canada.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Rayhaneh said:
Does anybody here know if I can change my address using the online service? Both my previous and current addresses are in Canada, but my application is being processed outside Canada.
Yes, you can do that using the e-CAS system (where you check the status of your application). It may take a week or two for CIC to update their system though. I changed my address after moving a couple of times.

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
did my landing this morning. no additional questions asked except those routine ones that we answered "NO".
Now I have a question. Can we go to apply the new SIN number immediately? Someone was saying that we have to wait for the PR card first, then go to apply new SIN number. Could someone recently did it confirm this? Thanks a lot.

I also ordered my second GCMS later last month. I will update related information once I receive it.

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
peace arch
informer2000 said:
Congrats dfbb! Where did you complete the landing process?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
dfbb said:
did my landing this morning. no additional questions asked except those routine ones that we answered "NO".
Now I have a question. Can we go to apply the new SIN number immediately? Someone was saying that we have to wait for the PR card first, then go to apply new SIN number. Could someone recently did it confirm this? Thanks a lot.

I also ordered my second GCMS later last month. I will update related information once I receive it.
You don't have to get your actual PR card to apply for a new SIN card..you can do it right away with your COPR papers. You should also apply for new OHIP cards ASAP...the new ones will be valid for 5 years ;)

GrTak

Jan 23, 2013
Hello, could anybody kindly tell me if Ottawa sends us an email or a letter by mail to request the Medical? Thanks very much in advance!

Rayhaneh

Dec 2, 2012
informer2000 said:
Yes, you can do that using the e-CAS system (where you check the status of your application). It may take a week or two for CIC to update their system though. I changed my address after moving a couple of times.
Thank you so much for your answer. So, you mean one of the following condition must apply to use the e-CAS system not all of them (because for me the last three are true but not the first one):

- your case is being processed in Canada;
- your address is in Canada;
- you are moving within three weeks;
- you have not been requested to report your change of address in person to your local office.

Sorry, for asking the same question again!