+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
The next line to Case Officer!

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – FA01772
Should not be the number of the case officer, as my e-mail shows the same thing :).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Should not be the number of the case officer, as my e-mail shows the same thing :).
Maybe we have the same officer! ;D

Anyway, try to reply to the rejection email, as I tried to send another inquiry without replying and I have not heard back from them!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
aidina said:
What can I do? I sent them an e-mail but no response so far. We can not do anything. Yes, he ignored my 2nd letter which was a complete one.
Hi aidina, can you share the descriptions you wrote on your 2nd reference letter? Let's take a look at it so we can better address the reasons for rejection.

hooman2012 said:
Department head in my university is not going to sign it. Because they say they do not have permission to include working hours for RA.
If you're funded through taxable RA, then the number of hours must come from HR. But I've talked about this with HR, and they said that they were not responsible for the number of hours for GRS/GRA, since the funding is not taxable, and the money does not come through the payroll system. It is research scholarship.

The requirement for work experience is that the letter need not be signed by payroll, HR, or the graduate studies office, but rather by 'responsible officer/supervisor', and there is nowhere in the checklist or OP6B that the income needs to be taxable. In fact, a visa officer from Detroit came last year to University of Waterloo, and she said the following regarding using non-taxable GRS/GRA as work experience for immigration purposes

Students must provide the T4 (employment income) T4As (Scholarship income) and a detailed letter from their department or advisor detailing that the student has been remunerated for teaching/research conducted, responsibilities of the teaching/research, estimated hours per week the student performs this function, dates for which the remuneration (pay) covers and the dates the student conducted the teaching/research. The amount of financial support (e.g. 37.5 hours per week) should support the amount being paid for that period. For instance, if remuneration was well below the minimum wage the Visa Officer would have concerns.
This was how I got the minimum wage thing, and this was also why I only claimed 20 to 25 hours a week. As I mentioned, two of my friend applied last year under CEC (again, you can NO LONGER claim RA/TA for CEC starting this year), and both claimed RA/TA only for their work experience. They already landed, which must mean their work experience (TA/RA, mostly RA) had been accepted as a skill level A.

beishidashuo said:
Thanks a lot, man. I got the file. What is RCMP? criminal check? Hopefully, I will get the medical request soon.
Based on what I gleaned from, it seems to me that they initiate RCMP background check before they issue medical request. Shomo is one example where his file got stuck on RCMP screening for 9 months, despite having passed eligibility since November last year. I think it would be suggested that if this is the case, then you should pro-actively do finger-print based RCMP PCC yourself, and send it to them (because what Ottawa is doing is RCMP screening based on name and date of birth only).

Let's wait until you get your CAIPS to see what's going on. I'm curious too :) But in the mean time, you can probably try to get RCMP finger-print based PCC (if you are confident that you don't have any criminal records).

N_O said:
Maybe we have the same officer! ;D

Anyway, try to reply to the rejection email, as I tried to send another inquiry without replying and I have not heard back from them!
On my CAIPS, the same number is mentioned as the one who is taking care of my file. Maybe this is just a generic code for 'an Ottawa visa officer' :) ?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
asbereth said:
On my CAIPS, the same number is mentioned as the one who is taking care of my file. Maybe this is just a generic code for 'an Ottawa visa officer' :) ?
This is weird! I thought it is the VO number, as I read something like this in another thread! However, when you reply to their rejection letter, they respond quicker than you send a new message from the scratch! I have tried both!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
This is my 2nd reference letter:

This letter is issued to supplement the information given in the university reference letter dated March 1, 2012 regarding the main duties conducted by Mr. **** as a Research Assistant. Hereby, we confirm in more detail that Mr. ***** has been working as a Research Assistant at ****** since Jan. 2010 (minimum 36.25 hrs per week) assisting Dr. ****** in doing laboratory experiments, data acquisition, analysis and post-processing of results, writing reports, and preparation of scientific journal papers and international conference presentations both as a first author and co-author.
We should also point out that Mr. ******* has also been working as a Teaching Assistant in the Physics Department’s undergraduate labs since Jan. 2010 (minimum 10.5 hrs per week), and among his duties are conducting laboratory sessions, grading laboratory reports, assisting in the administration of examinations, and lab demonstrations as acknowledged in the reference letter dated March 1, 2012.
Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:

This letter is issued to supplement the information given in the university reference letter dated March 1, 2012 regarding the main duties conducted by Mr. **** as a Research Assistant. Hereby, we confirm in more detail that Mr. ***** has been working as a Research Assistant at ****** since Jan. 2010 (minimum 36.25 hrs per week) assisting Dr. ****** in doing laboratory experiments, data acquisition, analysis and post-processing of results, writing reports, and preparation of scientific journal papers and international conference presentations both as a first author and co-author.
We should also point out that Mr. ******* has also been working as a Teaching Assistant in the Physics Department's undergraduate labs since Jan. 2010 (minimum 10.5 hrs per week), and among his duties are conducting laboratory sessions, grading laboratory reports, assisting in the administration of examinations, and lab demonstrations as acknowledged in the reference letter dated March 1, 2012.
I am sure they didn't consider it, you mentioned almost every thing in the NOC!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:

We should also point out that Mr. ******* has also been working as a Teaching Assistant in the Physics Department's undergraduate labs since Jan. 2010 (minimum 10.5 hrs per week), and among his duties are conducting laboratory sessions, grading laboratory reports, assisting in the administration of examinations, and lab demonstrations as acknowledged in the reference letter dated March 1, 2012.
I would not write it like that. It seems to much a exact copy and paste of what is written on the NOC.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
I would not write it like that. It seems to much a exact copy and paste of what is written on the NOC.
May you please provide me with equivalent sentences (i.e. having the same meaning but not exactly the same). I am talking about the duty part. BTW, he accepted the part about my TA, and he says duties for your RA do not match bla bla bla :).

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
I am sure they didn't consider it, you mentioned almost every thing in the NOC!
But he says "your letters of reference" from your "employer". I am very curious to know if he based his decision on my 2nd letter or not.
If yes, then, what I should write in my new application :).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
TyrusX said:
They said that the reference letters didn't mention any duties! If they considered this letter at least they would say, it looks like copy and paste not it doesn't have any duties!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
They said that the reference letters didn't mention any duties! If they considered this letter at least they would say, it looks like copy and paste not it doesn't have any duties!
You can read the e-mail I received in page 466. I put it there.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
But he says "your letters of reference" from your "employer"
I know! Did you send 2 separate letters the first time? A reference letter for each job? May be he meant that!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
I know! Did you send 2 separate letters the first time? A reference letter for each job? May be he meant that!
Both TA and RA were confirmed on a single letter at the time of application. Then, I sent the 2nd one this Jan. to supplement the first one! The 1st letter did not list a single duty for my RA, but listed good duties for my TA. Basically, my 2nd letter repeated what ever duty I had listed in my 1st letter for the TA part.

R-User

Apr 4, 2013
aidina said:
This is the rejection e-mail I received:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from your employer did not list job duties or responsibilities as a Research Assistant that match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected. Although the duties listed for your work as a Teaching Assistant did match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected, you had less than the full-time equivalent of one year of work experience.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,
We should share both successful / unsuccessful TA/RA reference letters to find out what matters the most for them. Aidina could you please post the letter you sent them.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
R-User said:
We should share both successful / unsuccessful TA/RA reference letters to find out what matters the most for them. Aidina could you please post the letter you sent them.

The reference letter dated March 1, 2012 is awful, and you would not get anything useful from it. In fact, it deserves rejection :).