19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
N_O said:
They said that the reference letters didn't mention any duties! If they considered this letter at least they would say, it looks like copy and paste not it doesn't have any duties!
Here an example of one of my jobs, with some editings:

Period of employment ( start - end)
name of profession: BLA BLA

Projects where TyrusX was attached to:

Project 1: Name of Project
Duties and Responsibilities:
bla bla bla

Project 2: Name of Project 2
• Development of software for xxx and yyyy applications using C++, C, PostgreSQL, and Javscript and OpenGL.
• Writing manuals and training xxxx users to use the software developed
• To interview and recruit new students, programmers and researchers into the organization.
• To supervise and advice employees and students accordingly, working with them to achieve better productivity, overseeing their training and activities.
• To plan, organize, control and manage the xxxx software being developed by the group, for project x and y, as well as risks and costs.
• To plan meet with stakeholders as well requirement gathering and the specification of costs and timelines of deliverables (Gantt and Pert Charts).
• To enforce the software development process as well as to use tool to track and evaluate the tasks in order to improve the process according to the best practices of project management defined in standards as MPS-BR and CMMII

Outcomes of project:
outcome 1
outcome 2

Project 3: Name of Project 3
Duties and Responsibilities: ....

But I also had a contract, and was a registered employee, so I also had my overall responsabilities on my contract, which was 2 pages long at least, and other form of documents to show I was employed as well.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Both TA and RA were confirmed on a single letter at the time of application. Then, I sent the 2nd one this Jan. to supplement the first one! The 1st letter did not list a single duty for my RA, but listed good duties for my TA. Basically, my 2nd letter repeated what ever duty I had listed in my 1st letter for the TA part.
So your TA duties were accepted because they were sent at the time they received the application.
When he said "your reference letters" it shouldn't mean he accepted your second letter as a supporting document; his job as an officer to attach it to your application but not to use it in assessment as you sent it without any request. That is the only explanation to your rejection!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
So your TA duties were accepted because they were sent at the time they received the application.
When he said "your reference letters" it shouldn't mean he accepted your second letter as a supporting document; his job as an officer to attach it to your application but not to use it in assessment as you sent it without any request. That is the only explanation to your rejection!
Most probably, and actually I will be happier to think this way :). Otherwise, I do not know what to write for my new application. Let's hope that they will speed up the processing, and it is not going to take them 1 year to start their assessment.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Most probably, and actually I will be happier to think this way :). Otherwise, I do not know what to write for my new application. Let's hope that they will speed up the processing, and it is not going to take them 1 year to start their assessment.
This mystery will be solved when they replied your inquiry.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
BTW, I had work experience from Iran which I can claim. The problem is that I never indicated that in the forms I sent to Sydney. Do you think I should ignore this work experience for my new application?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
BTW, I had work experience from Iran which I can claim. The problem is that I never indicated that in the forms I sent to Sydney. Do you think I should ignore this work experience for my new application?
No, you can put it if you think it will help.

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
aidina said:
Should not be the number of the case officer, as my e-mail shows the same thing :).
Agreed...mine also shows the same number...

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
No, you can put it if you think it will help.
You remember there is a section in one of the forms asking whatever you have done since the age of 18, right. I never indicated that I gained this work experience. You think it is okay to claim it this time?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
You remember there is a section in one of the forms asking whatever you have done since the age of 18, right. I never indicated that I gained this work experience. You think it is okay to claim it this time?
I didn't include the Canadian TA/RA experience the last time, but I did this time!

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My officer is also FA01772, who reject me by job duties and responsibilities
N_O said:
The next line to Case Officer!

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – FA01772

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Guys finally I just received Doc request email from ottawa. They asked me for Police certificate, proof of funds, detailed phd information (cv, publication, field of studies). As you can guess Im iranian.
They gave me 3 months time for PC and 1 month for POF and cv to submit them to their office.
Im kindda worried as I had the money in my account only for four months before the deadline of submission. Have we had any similar case here before?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
ryan_glory said:
Guys finally I just received Doc request email from ottawa. They asked me for Police certificate, proof of funds, detailed phd information (cv, publication, field of studies). As you can guess Im iranian.
They gave me 3 months time for PC and 1 month for POF and cv to submit them to their office.
Im kindda worried as I had the money in my account only for four months before the deadline of submission. Have we had any similar case here before?
It is kind of soon for you to get doc update request. Anyway, congrat. May you please do us a favour and post the text of your reference letter here.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aidina said:
It is kind of soon for you to get doc update request. Anyway, congrat. May you please do us a favour and post the text of your reference letter here.
Doesn't mean they get their med request sooner than the ones who submitted earlier than him.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Hi TyrusX,

Which NOC code did you claim for this particular reference letter?

TyrusX said:
Here an example of one of my jobs, with some editings:

Period of employment ( start - end)
name of profession: BLA BLA

Projects where TyrusX was attached to:

Project 1: Name of Project
bla bla bla

Project 2: Name of Project 2
• Development of software for xxx and yyyy applications using C++, C, PostgreSQL, and Javscript and OpenGL.
• Writing manuals and training xxxx users to use the software developed
• To interview and recruit new students, programmers and researchers into the organization.
• To supervise and advice employees and students accordingly, working with them to achieve better productivity, overseeing their training and activities.
• To plan, organize, control and manage the xxxx software being developed by the group, for project x and y, as well as risks and costs.
• To plan meet with stakeholders as well requirement gathering and the specification of costs and timelines of deliverables (Gantt and Pert Charts).
• To enforce the software development process as well as to use tool to track and evaluate the tasks in order to improve the process according to the best practices of project management defined in standards as MPS-BR and CMMII

Outcomes of project:
outcome 1
outcome 2

Project 3: Name of Project 3
Duties and Responsibilities: ....

But I also had a contract, and was a registered employee, so I also had my overall responsabilities on my contract, which was 2 pages long at least, and other form of documents to show I was employed as well.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
mike5182 said:
My officer is also FA01772, who reject me by job duties and responsibilities
Many applicants said they have the same! So I think I was wrong in my assumption.