26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
It is up to you now. I already answered that.
For a related discussion on the subject:
http://get2canada.wordpress.com/advice-on-proof-of-funds/
and I quote his opinion:
The exact same guy, Wayne, stated the following:

If the money is genuinely a gift, then you can use this for proof of funds. A signed letter from your father saying it is a gift and does not have to be repaid should suffice.

However, please be aware that there may be income tax implications in your own country for receiving such a large gift, since your government may consider it as earnings and will require you to pay tax on it. I would certainly investigate this side of things thoroughly.

But from CIC point of view, money gifted to you can be used as proof of funds as long as it is genuinely gifted and does not have to be repaid.

Best of luck.
Wayne.
and

Regarding the money, it is acceptable to use a gift from a relative for your settlements funds AS LONG as this is genuinely a gift and it does not have to be repaid. You should provide bank statements showing the funds, and then also a signed affidavit from your sister stating that the money given to you is a gift, and does not have to be repaid.
While the money cannot be borrowed, even from your parents, if they did not loan it to you (meaning they did not expect you to return it, and you are under no obligation to return it), and you can prove it, in my opinion (which is not an expert's opinion), then it should be fine (again, IMO, apply at your own risk). And that passage from the same post you quoted went as follows in full

CIC will only accept proof of funds in the name of the principal applicant, or accompanying spouse (or both).
Therefore proof of funds which are jointly in your parents' name will not be accepted.

If you transfer into a single account you will have to explain where the large deposit came from. I think you will need a signed affidavit from your parents stating that the transferred amount is entirely yours and no part of it is owed to your parents.

Basically the funds must be entirely yours and cannot be partly owned, or borrowed, from anybody else – including your parents.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
The question now is, how did Wayne get to know all this? Did he have insider information, or did he just make an educated guess? Without anecdotes, it is hard to make any kind of conclusion.

I can tell for sure that, at least two years ago, this would've worked, but the way Ottawa has been proceeding these days (and the fact that MASOUD2011 was rejected, but it could be because his large deposits were made after the date of document request, and his balance was about zero when the document request arrived), you never know.

The best is to make sure you have the amount for the entire 6 months and no a single large deposit within the last six months (or just don't touch the money at all for the entirety of the bank statement history).

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
asbereth said:
The exact same guy, Wayne, stated the following:

and

While the money cannot be borrowed, even from your parents, if they did not loan it to you (meaning they did not expect you to return it, and you are under no obligation to return it), and you can prove it, in my opinion (which is not an expert's opinion), then it should be fine (again, IMO, apply at your own risk). And that passage from the same post you quoted went as follows in full

The question now is, how did Wayne get to know all this? Did he have insider information, or did he just make an educated guess? Without anecdotes, it is hard to make any kind of conclusion.

I can tell for sure that, at least two years ago, this would've worked, but the way Ottawa has been proceeding these days (and the fact that MASOUD2011 was rejected, but it could be because his large deposits were made after the date of document request, and his balance was about zero when the document request arrived), you never know.

The best is to make sure you have the amount for the entire 6 months and no a single large deposit within the last six months (or just don't touch the money at all for the entirety of the bank statement history).

I do not know, Is there any news for March and Feb 2012 applicants? My application is on March 20th. I never received anything from CIC so far. Hope I receive something, on MAY not earlier. Then it is not gonna appear in my account. But seriously , that money from my parents is gift. It is mine now.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
For a related discussion on the subject:
http://get2canada.wordpress.com/advice-on-proof-of-funds/
TyrusX, thanks a lot for introducing this thread! You are the best :) I read there that people are using the ownership of their house as proof of funds. Has anybody tried this in our stream? We mention our "Assets" in the application package, but it is also mentioned that the funds must be "readily transferable". Does anybody know if evaluations on the price of a house in your home country is accepted as proof of funds in Ottawa? Has anyone tried this?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Waine is one of the most senior members of this forum. Like I said, it is up to the applicant to decide the proper course of action.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Houra said:
TyrusX, thanks a lot for introducing this thread! You are the best :) I read there that people are using the ownership of their house as proof of funds. Has anybody tried this in our stream? We mention our "Assets" in the application package, but it is also mentioned that the funds must be "readily transferable". Does anybody know if evaluations on the price of a house in your home country is accepted as proof of funds in Ottawa? Has anyone tried this?

Hum. I don't know about that. It would depend on how easy you can sell it right? But yes, physical assets like cars and houses can count in our favor, as long as you can sell them.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
Hum. I don't know about that. It would depend on how easy you can sell it right? But yes, physical assets like cars and houses can count in our favor, as long as you can sell them.
I can easily sell it, but I don't want to! I was wondering if they would accept only the translation of the proof of ownership or maybe a valuation made by a local real estate. Does anybody have experience with this?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Houra said:
I can easily sell it, but I don't want to! I was wondering if they would accept only the translation of the proof of ownership or maybe a valuation made by a local real estate. Does anybody have experience with this?
But do you understand that your money needs to be liquid right? at least the minimal amount needs to be readily transferable.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
I think cars and jewelries cannot be accepted as proofs of funds (they mentioned it somewhere), but houses will need assessments from three different sources or something.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:
I think cars and jewelries cannot be accepted as proofs of funds (they mentioned it somewhere), but houses will need assessments from three different sources or something.
That's what I understood too. I read it depends on the visa office. So far I only know that London,UK visa office accepts this. Wondering if Ottawa accepts this too...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
I believe only real money counts. But wouldn't cars and jeweleries be easier to sell than a house?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
A friend of mine got medical request from Buffalo, then his file was transferred to CPP, he got a phone call from them. That they got his file and will process it. They said that they may extend the validity of his medical. He is worried as he will travel out of Canada for one month and they may send him a letter to get the visa or for new medical request. He wants to know how long they will give him to provide either a new medical or his passport. 30 days or 60 days this is exactly his inquiry.

coceg

Mar 2, 2013
Hi guys.
I'm a third-year PHD student, employed as RA/TA as well, and my wife has had a full-time job here in Canada for two years. We are planning to apply under FSW under PHD stream. Will we still need to provide proof that we have those $13800? Has anyone been in a similar situation? We've been consulting with an immigration lawyer and she said that we don't have to, but now having read this thread I have some doubts.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
coceg said:
Hi guys.
I'm a third-year PHD student, employed as RA/TA as well, and my wife has had a full-time job here in Canada for two years. We are planning to apply under FSW under PHD stream. Will we still need to provide proof that we have those $13800? Has anyone been in a similar situation? We've been consulting with an immigration lawyer and she said that we don't have to, but now having read this thread I have some doubts.
Does your wife has a permanent job position? If so she does not need to provide a proof of funds. However if you guys plan on applying together you still need to provide a proof of funds for the two of you (2 applicants). What I mean is that you will most likely show a shared bank account. If so there must be enough money to support both of you because you are applying without an arranged employment offer or permanent full-time job. If not you can apply separately:you will have to have those funds though for one person (around $11000).Wait for replies from seniors:they know better

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
utopie said:
Does your wife has a permanent job position? If so she does not need to provide a proof of funds. However if you guys plan on applying together you still need to provide a proof of funds for the two of you (2 applicants). What I mean is that you will most likely show a shared bank account. If so there must be enough money to support both of you because you are applying without an arranged employment offer or permanent full-time job. If not you can apply separately:you will have to have those funds though for one person (around $11000).Wait for replies from seniors:they know better
If I'm not mistaken, MASOUD2011's wife also has worked full-time in Canada for the past three years (please correct me if I'm wrong), but they're still repeatedly asking him for proof of funds for two people, so I think the proof of funds would only be waived if the principle applicant has a permanent job or a permanent job offer.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
If I'm not mistaken, MASOUD2011's wife also has worked full-time in Canada for the past three years (please correct me if I'm wrong), but they're still repeatedly asking him for proof of funds for two people, so I think the proof of funds would only be waived if the principle applicant has a permanent job or a permanent job offer.
I agree with asbereth and utopie. It doesn't matter you are employed at this moment. We are all employed as RA's right? What they are looking for is an offer of employment, basically a promise that you will be hired after you become a PR. If you can come up with that, then you are basically applying to the arranged employment FSW class instead of the PHD.