+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

amanda1234

Dec 5, 2012
Before we get PER, is there any notification sent to us to let us know our file is in process or not? How can we know the status of the application package?

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check the new version of CIC link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have the time to redesign the website, however have no time to update the content. Which is more important?

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
At the same time, this page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp) mentions:
"Note: As of July 1, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in 2013. "

So, this temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream.

maytheflower said:
check the new version of CIC link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

This is a new sentense I never saw previously:
"This is a temporary pause on new applications until the revised program selection criteria take effect, currently targeted for early 2013. More information will be available in the coming months."

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with you. I misunderstood what they said. Thanks for clarifying.

indusvision said:
At the same time, this page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp) mentions:
"Note: As of July 1, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in 2013. "

So, this temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zedd4x said:
Hi folks,

I received an email a few days back saying that I have a positive determination of eligibility and that my application would be forwarded to a visa office for further processing. It also mentioned the date on which cc/bd was encashed. Is this the PER email ? Or would I get a seperate email for that ? I am not 100 percent sure. Also do the following requests for docs etc. after PER come via email ?

Thanks,
zedd4x
Congratulations!

This is PER. I am not the lastest PER guy any more.

Good luck.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could you please provide the information which day your application arrived at CIO?

Your case should be very close to the No. 1000th applicaiton.

zedd4x said:
Hi folks,

I received an email a few days back saying that I have a positive determination of eligibility and that my application would be forwarded to a visa office for further processing. It also mentioned the date on which cc/bd was encashed. Is this the PER email ? Or would I get a seperate email for that ? I am not 100 percent sure. Also do the following requests for docs etc. after PER come via email ?

Thanks,
zedd4x

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
maytheflower said:
Could you please provide the information which day your application arrived at CIO?

Your case should be very close to the No. 1000th applicaiton.
He is a july applicant!

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Holygun said:
He is a july applicant!
Actually my applications was once returned because of absence of seal on my letter from graduate studies. My application should have reached CIO first week of September. I am not sure of the exact date.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
maytheflower said:
Congratulations!

This is PER. I am not the lastest PER guy any more.

Good luck.
Thanks ! I must say I am not super excited to be the "lastest" PER guy, it is too borderline ! ;)

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Uwindsor2009 said:
Too sad !
My application received by CIO, Sydney on 26th Oct 2012.

Hope I will get back my application package soon.
U r so unlucky !

hope u get your application back very soon, I think u will not need to update anything, it was just sent 40 days ago, mail it back to them right away, It seems that CIC do like so much the game of mailing and receiving exact application packages :)

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
The_Prince said:
U r so unlucky !

hope u get your application back very soon, I think u will not need to update anything, it was just sent 40 days ago, mail it back to them right away, It seems that CIC do like so much the game of mailing and receiving exact application packages :)
Thanks Prince !

I have only one doubt. :'(
If CIC wants to return application due to upper cap then they can return the applications immediately after their delivery. Why they are taking this amount time ?????????????? :-\

Is there any need to open these applications by CIO, Sydney ??? :eek:

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Its like a hide and seek game between CIC and the applicants.

I wish if this game is over and they provide clear rules and regular updates on their website, so that applicants who apply do not end up wasting their time and money in preparing the application and having it returned.