+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

nadiafaisal2

Feb 23, 2012
i know this is not directly related to ur topic.but i need ur help.i have done masters in business education from punjab university pakistan.i m interested in doing phd education from queen's university canada.but problem is that that they accept only students who got 80% in masters.which i dont have so i decided to do my master in education again from queen's.but i m bit confused.should i only apply for masters first and then after completing my masters apply for phd.or should i apply for masters as well as phd at the same time.bcz if i apply only for masters then i can get visa for only a year bcz masters programme is of a year.then what abt phd,i have to apply again for visa extension?and bcz i m taking my family along with me,wodnt it be very complicated to apply separately?plz guide me anyone

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
nadiafaisal2 said:
i know this is not directly related to ur topic.but i need ur help.i have done masters in business education from punjab university pakistan.i m interested in doing phd education from queen's university canada.but problem is that that they accept only students who got 80% in masters.which i dont have so i decided to do my master in education again from queen's.but i m bit confused.should i only apply for masters first and then after completing my masters apply for phd.or should i apply for masters as well as phd at the same time.bcz if i apply only for masters then i can get visa for only a year bcz masters programme is of a year.then what abt phd,i have to apply again for visa extension?and bcz i m taking my family along with me,wodnt it be very complicated to apply separately?plz guide me anyone
Either way is ok. Firstly, you have to get your admission from university. After you finish your master degree, you can extend your visa and study permit to continue your phd degree. Mostly, you apply master first, but you get an implicit admission from supervisor if you finish your master, you will be given a phd offer later.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Any PER news snow_walker?

hadikhan64

Feb 27, 2012
Hi there,

I have a question regarding my application for PhD stream. I sent my documents on late January and they have deducted money from my banking account on Feb 21st. Today when I'm checking my bank account again I see that they have credited my account again. Why is that happening? Is there any idea about why did they do it?

thanks

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Are you sure it's not refund?

I got refund with credit card, but still don't know what was the reason.

hadikhan64 said:
Hi there,

I have a question regarding my application for PhD stream. I sent my documents on late January and they have deducted money from my banking account on Feb 21st. Today when I'm checking my bank account again I see that they have credited my account again. Why is that happening? Is there any idea about why did they do it?

thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
Are you sure it's not refund?

I got refund with credit card, but still don't know what was the reason.
Based on my conversations with him on the other thread, I believe he got refund.

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
@hadikhan64, and smallkick

I knew a couple of friends of mine who applied for FSW2 and their application was returned and refunded because the work experience letter/references were not good enough. Not good enough in the sense that their job titles didn't match the noc or that the job description (was incomplete or) didn't match the noc description. I believe in our case, FSW3, if that happened they will not count we will lose our work experience points and we would be less than 67.

I hope that was helpful.

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
ejamal said:
@ hadikhan64, and smallkick

I knew a couple of friends of mine who applied for FSW2 and their application was returned and refunded because the work experience letter/references were not good enough. Not good enough in the sense that their job titles didn't match the noc or that the job description (was incomplete or) didn't match the noc description. I believe in our case, FSW3, if that happened they will not count we will lose our work experience points and we would be less than 67.

I hope that was helpful.

That may be a reason. thanks ejamal.

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Also, I remembered one of them got NER (and he got a refund) because he claimed that he had three years of work experience. His claim was based on the fact that he worked a full-time job for a two years and during the same time he had another part-time job. He got an NER letter stating that he can't claim both. And based on just 2 years of work experience he didn't have enough points.

Also, if your application was incomplete (i.e before CIC processed your check) your whole application will be returned. If they rejected the application after they chased your check (i.e NER), they will not send you back your documents. You have to email them, and ask them to send back your documents. And, there is a time frame for that after which you can not ask them to send you back your documents.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
My friend have done his PhD and full time job at the sametime. now he is worried if can apply for FSW1.because while doing PhD he have done his 2 yrs of work of his 4 yrs exp. senior pls have an advice?

so while doing PhD if you work full time, is that a problem?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hadikhan64 said:
Are you sure that we need to have 67 points for PhD stream as well? I don't think so.
Of course you need 67 points. We share the same minimum requirements that all the other FSW classes. This includes minimum of an year of work experience, IETLS, and the 67 points, and etc. PLUS the requirements for the PHD stream.