App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
NO communications from ottawa this week, eh? Seems like the best thing to do for new applicants is to send everything to their home country VO's!

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
TyrusX said:
NO communications from ottawa this week, eh? Seems like the best thing to do for new applicants is to send everything to their home country VO's!
CIC claim that they can achieve processing times for FSW applications submitted since June 2010 down to 6-12 months now according to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-transform2.asp. So I still don't think there is any real reason for new applicants not to apply to a North American VO. I don't think anyone here has received PER over 3 months now but many of the people on the 3 month mark are progressing steadily. I personally think they are now moving through new applications at a pretty good rate, remember they have a huge amounts of applications that they have to work through in a great amount of detail.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
CIC claim that they can achieve processing times for FSW applications submitted since June 2010 down to 6-12 months now according to
lets hope that happens! :D

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
TyrusX said:
lets hope that happens! :D
They are probably on vacation or waiting for the new immigration rule 2012 to be released.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
Hi Guys
Yesterday, I talked to an immigration lawyer, he said I can take my case to the federal court but it costs me money and time.
But today I went to our local MP office and talk to them; I showed them the evidences (OP6b) and all other documents. She told that there are a lot of troubles with this CPP-Ottawa, these guys are new and they do not know the rules very well. She is going to send a letter to the Ottawa's director and ask about my case and also another graduate student, which she also complained about her rejection. She was surprised about their double standard in their Sydney and Ottawa office and she assures me to ask clearly about the adaptability points in my case. She also mentioned that they should request a detailed work experience letter instead of rejection and not giving you the experience points. She suggested all other graduate students who have these problems (adaptability and work experience) should go to their local MP and ask them to make contact with Ottawa's office and let them know about their mistake.

Guys this is the link in order to find your local MP with your postal code:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

I think if Ottawa receives so many complains about this adaptability issue soon, they never make the same mistake for the rest of PhD students (Like Sydney). So please go to your local MP office and explain the situation as soon as possible.

hamed_hamed

May 29, 2012
Dani1982 said:
Hi Guys
Yesterday, I talked to an immigration lawyer, he said I can take my case to the federal court but it costs me money and time.
But today I went to our local MP office and talk to them; I showed them the evidences (OP6b) and all other documents. She told that there are a lot of troubles with this CPP-Ottawa, these guys are new and they do not know the rules very well. She is going to send a letter to the Ottawa's director and ask about my case and also another graduate student, which she also complained about her rejection. She was surprised about their double standard in their Sydney and Ottawa office and she assures me to ask clearly about the adaptability points in my case. She also mentioned that they should request a detailed work experience letter instead of rejection and not giving you the experience points. She suggested all other graduate students who have these problems (adaptability and work experience) should go to their local MP and ask them to make contact with Ottawa's office and let them know about their mistake.

Guys this is the link in order to find your local MP with your postal code:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

I think if Ottawa received so many complains about this adaptability issue soon, they never make the same mistake for the rest of PhD students (Like Sydney). So please go to your local MP office and explain the situation as soon as possible.
I think so. We should send them letters indicating the interpretation of Sydney and the fact that we get adapted by living in Canada regardless of getting a degree.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
hamed_hamed said:
I think so. We should send them letters indicating the interpretation of Sydney and the fact that we get adapted by living in Canada regardless of getting a degree.
If we send these letter through the MPs , they will take it more serious

Aaron2012

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great! hope everything will go well.

BTW, are there any new applicants recently?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Aaron2012 said:
Great! hope everything will go well.

BTW, are there any new applicants recently?
Its been very quiet of late. No updates in link that shows the total number of applicants for this stream the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp for more than 3 weeks now.

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
websphereguy said:
Its been very quiet of late. No updates in link that shows the total number of applicants for this stream the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp for more than 3 weeks now.
I doubt they probably reached their goal of immigration quota this year. They are probably waiting for the release of next quota 2012-2013.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
mcknight0219 said:
Maybe their 1000 cap could not be reached by 30 June anyway. Therefore they do not even bother updating it
Phd Stream quota ends in November 4th. They may however, decide to reset it with the MI-5 or abolish the stream completely.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
@ Phdapplicant : Is there any update on your case? Did you get any response from Ottawa on your appeal?

mcknight0219

Jun 22, 2012
TyrusX said:
Phd Stream quota ends in November 4th. They may however, decide to reset it with the MI-5 or abolish the stream completely.
Then why do they say "From now until June 30, 2012, we will only consider applications: ..." ?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
mcknight0219 said:
Then why do they say "From now until June 30, 2012, we will only consider applications: ..." ?
exactly, because they will only accept people from the Phd Stream or with people with arranged employment.