17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
kg.jadu said:
sam001, I am not sure this is actually a NER. NER is when your application is eligible for processing, but you are below the bar due to the lack of work experience or overall number of points. This is what happened to me and several other folks from the forum when we got our applications rejected (but then again placed into processing) due to not awarded adaptability points. As far as I understand, your letter said you are not eligible for processing. Then they must return you the fee and your application package. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me.

If they do return your application package, you just need to figure out what was wrong with it and rectify it. Be it the duration of the program (wait until you eligible and re-apply), or improper format of the attestation letter (get the proper one). Several forumers elaborated on the format of the attestation letter quite extensively. If CIC doesn't return your application and reimburse the fee, then you should definitely ask them why. Anyways, contacting your legal adviser promptly is the best option.
I have sent fax with the copy of letter of attestation along with my transcript yesterday evening. Hoping for a reply from them.....I was very serious about the format of the letter of attestation and it did not miss anything. Most of my friends got the PER with the same format and their duration of program is similar to me. Our university considers 4 terms equivalent to 2 academic years and its clearly written on the letter of attestation.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/story/2012/05/25/pol-weston-buffalo-consul.html

This may have something to do with why you received information from Ottawa.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
Why is this obvious? Not everyone in the PhD stream will be landed.
What do you mean by landed here? In order to apply for this stream, you have to be a Canadian student, what means that you must be residing in Canada, at least for a period of time. Usually, in the Canadian
immigration context, landing means the moment you arrive at the airport/Point of Entry of your choice with a Permanent Resident Visa. Nonetheless, while rare, they
can still refuse you entry based on lack of funding even then. I believe Proof of Funding is of foremost importance to them, thus the request for the 6 months report they sent to MASSOUD.
Still, like you said, not everyone that will get the visa will land.
Given the little information we have, it seems reasonable to predict that what happened to Massoud may happen
to us, thus my advice to start saving money soon. Finally, there was no such requirement for 6 months of baking information anywhere in the procedures, if I recall correctly.
This may be something new, maybe just for our stream, or maybe something that will happen only to Massoud. I have been wrong before, but it better be prepared anyway,
I hope we will get new requests soon, so we can have a clear vision of what awaits us.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/story/2012/05/25/pol-weston-buffalo-consul.html

Damn, this explains a lot. Thanks Brit_Immigrant, let hope this will be for the best!

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Brit_Immigrant said:
Hmmm.... That's interesting. Looks like big changes are coming. Not sure though if it's good or bad.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
TyrusX said:
What do you mean by landed here? In order to apply for this stream, you have to be a Canadian student, what means that you must be residing in Canada, at least for a period of time. Usually, in the Canadian
immigration context, landing means the moment you arrive at the airport/Point of Entry of your choice with a Permanent Resident Visa. Nonetheless, while rare, they
can still refuse you entry based on lack of funding even then. I believe Proof of Funding is of foremost importance to them, thus the request for the 6 months report they sent to MASSOUD.
Still, like you said, not everyone that will get the visa will land.
Given the little information we have, it seems reasonable to predict that what happened to Massoud may happen
to us, thus my advice to start saving money soon. Finally, there was no such requirement for 6 months of baking information anywhere in the procedures, if I recall correctly.
This may be something new, maybe just for our stream, or maybe something that will happen only to Massoud. I have been wrong before, but it better be prepared anyway,
I hope we will get new requests soon, so we can have a clear vision of what awaits us.
Sorry, I meant living in Canada already. The stream also applies to PhD graduates who have completed their PhD in the last 12 months. People in this situation may have left Canada and are looking to return. Either way, pretty irrelevant. I would be surprised if anyone would have applied if they did not have sufficient funds. They probably just want to make sure nobody is trying to cheat the system and everyone will have to do this as like you said, there was nothing asking you to provide 6 months information. Just have to wait and see I guess, every application is different.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
Sorry, I meant living in Canada already. The stream also applies to PhD graduates who have completed their PhD in the last 12 months. People in this situation may have left Canada and are looking to return. Either way, pretty irrelevant. I would be surprised if anyone would have applied if they did not have sufficient funds. They probably just want to make sure nobody is trying to cheat the system and everyone will have to do this as like you said, there was nothing asking you to provide 6 months information. Just have to wait and see I guess, every application is different.
Right, I forgot about that. Seems difficult to imagine someone going back home afterwards when they can have a Open work permit afterwards :D.
Thanks for the clarification :D.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
kg.jadu said:
Hmmm.... That's interesting. Looks like big changes are coming. Not sure though if it's good or bad.
I think being fairly recent applicants this can only be a positive thing. Anything has to be faster than the speed Buffalo were getting through applications. I feel it will only result in greater delays for the applicants who have had their applications sitting in Buffalo for ages. I am hoping they never sent my application there and it will fall nice an high up the list in a new VO such as Seattle ( I am in Vancouver).

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Guys, hold your breath! I have got NEWS :D

I have just got my medical request from the OCPP. I will send you the format of the email later.

Cheers, :)

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
ejamal said:

I have just got my medical request from the OCPP. I will send you the format of the email later.

ejamal, that's crazy cool! Congratulations!!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
ejamal said:

UHU!! VIVA EJAMAL! So glad.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
ejamal said:

Congrats ejamal. AOR is just a step away...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Congrats ejamal. AOR is just a step away...
NO, it seems like we are not getting AOR, going directly to requests, methinks.

phdapplicant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
ejamal said:

Congratulations ejamal. Thanks for sharing with us too. You made my day!
That's definitely a wonderful news to all of us. Can't wait to see your email.

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
Pffffff! Good news at last! I was beginning to think about applying to Quebec. Congratulations ejamal!