Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
hey guys,
i got PCCs for myself and my husband and i was thinking of mailing them in to buffalo..but i have no guarantee that my application has reached the buffalo VO or any other VO for that matter :(
anyone else in the same boat??...any suggestions?/...maybe i should send an enquiry to buffalo??

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Wait for it to be requested. Why didn't you send them with your application?

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
MASOUD2011 said:
It's from:OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca

Sounds good?!

and here is the email:

This is in reference to your application to go to Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted. This must be received at this office by: 07/27/2012

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
when you were submitting your documents did you include your available funds with six month activity? If so, why do they ask for it again?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
AF___ said:
when you were submitting your documents did you include your available funds with six month activity? If so, why do they ask for it again?
They probably want to check your transactions in order to guarantee that we didn't borrow the money from someone. I suspect this will happen to everyone.

guowei018

Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 19,2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 22, 2012---CC
Nomination.....
Mar 29,2012 --PER
AOR Received.
waiting
How much money is needed as this certificate?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
Wait for it to be requested. Why didn't you send them with your application?
well, it's not mandatory to submit PCCs along with your application. I was also planning a visit to my home country and i felt that it would be best to submit the application ASAP before the cap is reached and then send in the PCCs when i get them ;)

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Re: My OHIP application got denied

TyrusX said:
They may be just rechecking documentation before sending to Buffalo. We know that they will recheck everything. Hopefully, it will be Ottawa for must part to the process before being
sent to VO for visa stamping. Then, by the end of the year we all be PRs. And in two years from now I'm renouncing my first citizenship :p
This is a good sign. Hopefully MASOUD2011 gets his AOR soon and everyone else that follows from the PhD stream gets theirs thru CPP-O too.

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
TyrusX said:
They probably want to check your transactions in order to guarantee that we didn't borrow the money from someone. I suspect this will happen to everyone.
I know, but I only saw this happening when they ask for medical and complimentary documents. I was surprised that they asked it separately and through email.

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
Re: My OHIP application got denied

moonbow2010 said:
Confirmed from the Ministry of Health Ontario,

With the PER only, they won't consider you eligible for OHIP card.

I don't know if you guys have tried applying for OHIP.

But that is my experiment. Hope this saves time for other PhDs.
I tried this earlier, they won't accept soft copy of PER. They told that the matter of the letter is enough, but need the hard copy, which we all do not have.

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
TyrusX said:
Ejamal, you got you per before Massoud, no communication from CIC so far then?
I guess, they consider the applications based on the date they received it. On ECAS also, we can see the date on which the application reached there, and not the date of PER. If that is the case, Massoud is the first applicant among us.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
AST said:
I guess, they consider the applications based on the date they received it. On ECAS also, we can see the date on which the application reached there, and not the date of PER. If that is the case, Massoud is the first applicant among us.
What might be happening is, as asbereth suggested, we are not getting AOR from either Buffalo or Ottawa. Then only those will be contacted who need to provide any supporting documentation. If such, we might not know what is the status of our applications until we get medicals request. This is a positive possibility. A neutral possibility, the officers just pick random applications to test the processing at a faster stream, but not everybody will be processed (presumably faster) in Ottawa.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
sam001 said:
I am really messed up. Just got the NER which does not make any sense to me
Since you did not provide evidence that you have an Arranged Employment Offer or work experience in the listed occupations, you do not meet the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions of June 25, 2011 and your application is not eligible for processing.
sam001, I am not sure this is actually a NER. NER is when your application is eligible for processing, but you are below the bar due to the lack of work experience or overall number of points. This is what happened to me and several other folks from the forum when we got our applications rejected (but then again placed into processing) due to not awarded adaptability points. As far as I understand, your letter said you are not eligible for processing. Then they must return you the fee and your application package. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me.

If they do return your application package, you just need to figure out what was wrong with it and rectify it. Be it the duration of the program (wait until you eligible and re-apply), or improper format of the attestation letter (get the proper one). Several forumers elaborated on the format of the attestation letter quite extensively. If CIC doesn't return your application and reimburse the fee, then you should definitely ask them why. Anyways, contacting your legal adviser promptly is the best option.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Massoud. Are you living in Canada already? Like people said, it may just be to check you still have the money available/you did not borrow it off a bank etc. I would be surprised if they asked for this if you are living in Canada and have been supporting yourself for a while unless they were a fair way through reviewing/processing your application. It makes sense that they would check funds early if you are not yet landed, especially through the PhD stream, as students are typically not that wealthy due to the amount of school they have attended.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
Massoud. Are you living in Canada already? Like people said, it may just be to check you still have the money available/you did not borrow it off a bank etc. I would be surprised if they asked for this if you are living in Canada and have been supporting yourself for a while unless they were a fair way through reviewing/processing your application. It makes sense that they would check funds early if you are not yet landed, especially through the PhD stream, as students are typically not that wealthy due to the amount of school they have attended.
Of course he is in Canada. It doesn't matter, you have to prove that you have enough money to survive for an year without employment, even if you are already here.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
TyrusX said:
Of course he is in Canada. It doesn't matter, you have to prove that you have enough money to survive for an year without employment, even if you are already here.
Why is this obvious? Not everyone in the PhD stream will be landed.