27-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
DuberBlue said:
Also, your PR card, I think, is supposed to be mailed to a Canadian address, so you will want to give them one when you land (i.e. when you get your PR). I might be wrong about that last part tho.
canuck_in_uk said:
It is fine to change your address with CIC during processing. If you are going to be in Canada, change it to the Canadian one so you receive your COPR at that address.
You don't need to bother updating your address with CIC after you have received your COPR.
Upon further discussion, my guy told me he doesn't expect me to take his name as all my documents are under the name I have now and that will make all much easier! Yay!

So, when I file for the app, I should use his address where I'll be living? Even though all my other docs will have my Texas address?

Also, just WHAT makes an app inland or outland -- The address you're filing from? Where you get your med exam and FBI check done? I don't understand that part.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Benni said:
Upon further discussion, my guy told me he doesn't expect me to take his name as all my documents are under the name I have now and that will make all much easier! Yay!

So, when I file for the app, I should use his address where I'll be living? Even though all my other docs will have my Texas address?

Also, just WHAT makes an app inland or outland -- The address you're filing from? Where you get your med exam and FBI check done? I don't understand that part.
Benni There are a different set of forms for Outland that have to be completed with their own instructions on the CIC website. You cannot use an Inland form to file for Outland PR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Benni said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

They are 2 different application packages.

Use the address that you are residing at, doesn't matter if it's different from your other docs.

Benni

Oct 22, 2013
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Thank you both for clarifying.

I will be going back and forth from his home to mine throughout the process. I imagine it's better to give his, so that when the COPR comes in the mail, he will be able to get it if I'm in Texas at the time.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Benni said:
Thank you both for clarifying.

I will be going back and forth from his home to mine throughout the process. I imagine it's better to give his, so that when the COPR comes in the mail, he will be able to get it if I'm in Texas at the time.
Well you'd want the COPR as you're the person who'll need it as your the one going for PR

Oct 26, 2013
chala said:
it makes no sense whatsoever for a US applicant to apply Inland. It will take twice as long to get your PR and your application is voided should you leave Canada, even for a family emergency. We applied Outland and have stayed together continously during processing simply by visitor visa extentions,which is a very fast and easy process. Should the need arise to have to leave Canada the PR processing is not affected. So you may want to reconsider.
Okay, that definitely makes sense. I just have to make sure I have ties back to the U.S. to show them, because I got turned away at the border when I was traveling by bus because I had no proof of ties back home on me, since every time I have ever visited was driving in and I never had that issue until riding by bus. So, if that happened to me does that mean my passport is red flagged and they are going to question me every time I try to visit? Because it is the issue right now that I am afraid I cannot get back into Canada to even marry him right now. The only thing I can bring with me if I try to go back in by bus is a letter from my employer stating that he will re-hire me after I return from Canada, a letter from my family stating that I am actually the one who cares for them because my mom has a broken back and my father has cancer, however when I go up to visit him my brother will be here to care for them in my absence. I do not have a job back home however, my parents just take care of my financial needs as long as I am here with them. I'm just worried since I got turned away that I will forever have issues at the border, and I really just want to get back up there and marry him. It's been a year now since I have seen him. :[

Benni

Oct 22, 2013
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
sounion said:
Well you'd want the COPR as you're the person who'll need it as your the one going for PR
Well, I would get it from him when I got back to him.
Whereas, if I'm not in Texas when it comes, there's no telling what my dotty elderly mother would do with it. :eek:

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
CourtneyWaffles said:
Okay, that definitely makes sense. I just have to make sure I have ties back to the U.S. to show them, because I got turned away at the border when I was traveling by bus because I had no proof of ties back home on me, since every time I have ever visited was driving in and I never had that issue until riding by bus. So, if that happened to me does that mean my passport is red flagged and they are going to question me every time I try to visit? Because it is the issue right now that I am afraid I cannot get back into Canada to even marry him right now. The only thing I can bring with me if I try to go back in by bus is a letter from my employer stating that he will re-hire me after I return from Canada, a letter from my family stating that I am actually the one who cares for them because my mom has a broken back and my father has cancer, however when I go up to visit him my brother will be here to care for them in my absence. I do not have a job back home however, my parents just take care of my financial needs as long as I am here with them. I'm just worried since I got turned away that I will forever have issues at the border, and I really just want to get back up there and marry him. It's been a year now since I have seen him. :[
A letter from your family stating that would help. Even having a doctor's appointment or something that would require your attention in the U.S. sometime in the future would be a benefit. I'm not sure if it is red flagged tbh.

Benni said:
Well, I would get it from him when I got back to him.
Whereas, if I'm not in Texas when it comes, there's no telling what my dotty elderly mother would do with it. :eek:
haha :)

Benni

Oct 22, 2013
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Could anyone tell me just what the medical exam entails? Very thorough with lots of tests?

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
the one I did was typical, like height, weight, listening to your lungs while you inhale, listening while you cough, looking in your ears and eyes. then that was it!

Benni

Oct 22, 2013
Newfoundland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
20-11-2014
Wow! Easy-peasy! Don't know why they couldn't just let your regular doc do it. I have to fly to Dallas to have mine done. Gr-r-r-r!

Oct 26, 2013
sounion said:
A letter from your family stating that would help. Even having a doctor's appointment or something that would require your attention in the U.S. sometime in the future would be a benefit. I'm not sure if it is red flagged tbh.

haha :)
A doctor's appointment? You really think that would help too? I was also thinking a letter showing that I have an appointment with my financial adviser for the summer semester at the community college here, as well as showing that I have applied for FAFSA (federal student loans) which may help as well.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
CourtneyWaffles said:
A doctor's appointment? You really think that would help too? I was also thinking a letter showing that I have an appointment with my financial adviser for the summer semester at the community college here, as well as showing that I have applied for FAFSA (federal student loans) which may help as well.
Yep! Any and all ties help. For instance they know you will need to leave Canada to go to your appointment with the financial adviser. They just wanna be sure you'll leave eventually haha.

That being said, when I entered Canada, I had my car packed to the gills. They definitely were wary of me as I had NO ties to the US whatsoever. As a result they gave me only 30 days - which was terrible because my wife was due to give birth in roughly 40 days! After our initial freak out and panic, we realized we could just apply to extend my stay online. All was well after that. Good luck!

Oct 26, 2013
sounion said:
Yep! Any and all ties help. For instance they know you will need to leave Canada to go to your appointment with the financial adviser. They just wanna be sure you'll leave eventually haha.

That being said, when I entered Canada, I had my car packed to the gills. They definitely were wary of me as I had NO ties to the US whatsoever. As a result they gave me only 30 days - which was terrible because my wife was due to give birth in roughly 40 days! After our initial freak out and panic, we realized we could just apply to extend my stay online. All was well after that. Good luck!
Thank you! Yeah, I used to cross the border a lot with my car, and 2 of the times I had my car packed full of my stuff, the guy asked me if I had any weapons or dangerous items, I said no, and he says "I didn't figure a cute Florida girl would". They have NEVER asked me about ties or anything like that, so it was so scary for me when all of this happened unexpectedly at the border when traveling by bus. D: I guess my point was that they have always been super cool about me crossing the border, until last week. Lol.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Benni said:
Wow! Easy-peasy! Don't know why they couldn't just let your regular doc do it. I have to fly to Dallas to have mine done. Gr-r-r-r!
I don't know why you would have to fly to Dallas to get your medical done. Besides you can't go to your own doctor to get the medical done. It would have to be an CIC approved panel doctor in Dallas. You can always do it while you are in Canada with an approved CIC panel doctor listed on the CIC website.

Screech339