+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR to In Process time for Proof of Citizenship (Minor)

Going through

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Just curious as to others experiences with their timeline between AOR and IP for Proof of Citizenship?
Application was sent from the USA.

Application sent Oct. 06
AOR dated Nov. 02

I figured it's at least an average of a month's waiting time for the application to begin processing? Or is it longer now?

I know IRCC has been getting an influx of citizenship applications the last few months but not sure if this would also cause backlog with processing/adjudication for proof of citizenship applicants as well (which I would assume would be a quicker process)?

Going through

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
it really depends on your application and whether it is routine or non routine and which city is processing your application. for e.g in Edmonton its taking 4 month from applying to the oath.

As said above, I applied from the USA...so application was sent to Sydney---from there, I don't know where it's sent after. I also applied for Proof of Citizenship (for a minor child) as mentioned above so there's no oath, but it was a pretty straightforward application I believe all things considered.

Mostly, I'm just curious as to the average wait time for others in my situation (those who applied for the Proof of Citizenship certificate, not citizenship itself) between the AOR and the application actually being In Process.

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
I am naturalized Canadian and I applied for my child's proof of Canadian citizenship (child was born in USA). Sent documents on October 31, 2017. No news yet.

Going through

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I am naturalized Canadian and I applied for my child's proof of Canadian citizenship (child was born in USA). Sent documents on October 31, 2017. No news yet.
My application (for my child) was received on Oct. 6th, AOR sent on Nov. 3rd....after that no move into In Process so hoping to hear something soon on that...I'm a born Canadian, living in the US now.

I think sending the application from the US slows it down a little bit, but thankfully not at much as other countries.

AlexiCanada

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
My application (for my child) was received on Oct. 6th, AOR sent on Nov. 3rd....after that no move into In Process so hoping to hear something soon on that...I'm a born Canadian, living in the US now.

I think sending the application from the US slows it down a little bit, but thankfully not at much as other countries.
Thank you, for the info, yes this should be fast I guess. doesn't the Embassy of Canada in the states helps with these documents?

Going through

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Thank you, for the info, yes this should be fast I guess. doesn't the Embassy of Canada in the states helps with these documents?
There is only a Canadian Consulate office in NY, no embassy. In any case, they don't get involved in immigration matters unless it's an emergency.

I thought of calling IRCC using the backdoor method to get connected, however I presume that as soon as I start asking questions about my case/give them the UCI#, they'll quickly be able to determine I'm calling from outside Canada and end the phone call. Never understood why they don't encourage phone calls from other countries?

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Update:
My ECAS status today shows:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on November 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2017.
FYI: My family is in Canada and we applied from within Canada.

Going through

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Holidays will presumably slow things down a bit, of course, this month and next I suppose. Hopefully all of our applications move into In Process sooner rather than later!

Going through

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Wondering if anyone had any idea of the average wait time from AOR to In Process for proof of citizenship applications?

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
I applied, from within Canada, for my child's proof of citizenship. Yesterday, our status changed to Decision Made. Here is our complete timeline:

Nov 6, 2017: We received your application for proof of citizenship
Dec 17, 2017: AOR
Mar 6, 2018: Decision made. We sent your citizenship certificate to your address in Canada.

So, all in all it took exactly 4 months from receipt to decision made.

raechel303

Jun 5, 2018
Wondering if anyone had any idea of the average wait time from AOR to In Process for proof of citizenship applications?
Hi there! Wondering if you've had updates on getting your child's proof of citizenship. We sent our application in a couple weeks ago and I'm wondering what an average wait time may be. It's a straight forward case of our child having a father who is a Canadian citizen. We live in the states now. Thanks!

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
My ECAS status :
1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 11, 2018.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 22, 2018.

Its been 5 months. Since, Application received. Processing time of 5 months has exceeded. Even it is not changed into "In process". Please reply Iam helpless