23-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2016
mssm said:
i think since they have visitor record you can change the VO office to Canada and hope that you get PPR after they travel to Canada .. the best thing is that they travel with you and you change the VO office to Canada so that you can land in any port of entry here in Canada ..
Thanks again. would be great if share some link how to change the VO office to Canada once I reach Canada. I could not find any link online.

mssm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-11-2015
anandbabud said:
Thanks again. would be great if share some link how to change the VO office to Canada once I reach Canada. I could not find any link online.
Please check if this is useful ..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp

mssm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-11-2015
mssm said:
Please check if this is useful ..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp
also look at below thread if this is useful ..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t341642.0.html

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Dude whatever it may be, if someone is caught in possession of another person's passport across the border, both the person carrying the passport and the owner of the passport might see the inside of a jail cell!

Moreover, there will be a discrepancy in the entry/exit stamps!!

Not at all recommended!! Extremely risky!! Not worth the risk!
This is not true. The person carrying the other person's passport just need a letter signed by the passport holder explaining the situation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hamoonExpressEntry said:
This is not true. The person carrying the other person's passport just need a letter signed by the passport holder explaining the situation.
Passports must not be even sent out of the country through post. Being in possession of another person's passport is a crime!

Anybody from legal background, can you please confirm this?
Thanks!

Bahamas

Oct 8, 2015
Nassau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Passports must not be even sent out of the country through post. Being in possession of another person's passport is a crime!

Anybody from legal background, can you please confirm this?
Thanks!
Haha, being in possession of someone else's passport is NOT a crime unless:
1) You do not have permission to have that passport - STEALING
2) You pretend to be that person and utter someone else's passport acting as if it is you - FALSE PRETENSE / IMPROPER INTENT / PASSPORT FRAUD / FALSE IDENTIFICATION / ETC.
3) Alter a passport (someone else's or yours) - FRAUD

Being in possession of someone else's passport with their consent/knowledge for safekeeping or holding purposes is NOT A CRIME!!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Agreed Bahamas,

I am no lawyer but i checked some old threads such as

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-send-passport-for-pr-stamping-from-outside-of-canada-to-cic-t162710.0.html

Looks like only india does not allow sending passport via courier and even they state some where on the passport that can be carried by a person with authorization.

So i guess its safe to send along with some one with an authorization letter.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
fkl said:
Agreed Bahamas,

I am no lawyer but i checked some old threads such as

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-send-passport-for-pr-stamping-from-outside-of-canada-to-cic-t162710.0.html

Looks like only india does not allow sending passport via courier and even they state some where on the passport that can be carried by a person with authorization.

So i guess its safe to send along with some one with an authorization letter.
Okay. I stand corrected.

So, passports shouldn't be sent outside the country by mail. However, someone can carry it with proper authorization!

Thanks!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rajkamalmohanram said:
Okay. I stand corrected.

So, passports shouldn't be sent outside the country by mail. However, someone can carry it with proper authorization!

Thanks!
No worries - i didn't know much about this since i never had to be concerned. Frankly if it was me personally, i would still try checking with some border agency - CBSA or from home country. It won't take much more than a call / email on their official helpline or something

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
anandbabud said:
Yes they also have the visas (dependent visas) . but would travel after one month due this winter season. but my question is how to send my passport and their passport once I reach Canada.
I think you are making this overly complicated. There could be several options:

1. You are in Canada and your family in India and you receive a PPR from Ottawa. You send your passport to Ottawa and request VO change for your family to India.
2. You are in Canada and your family in India and receive a PPR from India VO. You send family's passports to India and request VO change to Ottawa for yourself.
3. You all are in Canada and get a PPR request from India VO, send a request to change it to Ottawa.

No mailing of passport required nor any kind of shady business. I have seen people on this forum do this before. You will be in Canada legally on a visa so CIC will already be aware that you are in the country so it shouldn't be a problem to change your VO.

anandbabud

Dec 31, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Nomination.....
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2016
Tocanadawego said:
I think you are making this overly complicated. There could be several options:

1. You are in Canada and your family in India and you receive a PPR from Ottawa. You send your passport to Ottawa and request VO change for your family to India.
2. You are in Canada and your family in India and receive a PPR from India VO. You send family's passports to India and request VO change to Ottawa for yourself.
3. You all are in Canada and get a PPR request from India VO, send a request to change it to Ottawa.

No mailing of passport required nor any kind of shady business. I have seen people on this forum do this before. You will be in Canada legally on a visa so CIC will already be aware that you are in the country so it shouldn't be a problem to change your VO.
Thanks dude. This helps a lot. Even I won't do that illegal business. That's why asked.

rolly27

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
hows it going guys? i need some opinion please. i recieve a request for schedule A both for me and my spouse on Nov 9 i submitted both on Nov 11. however i made mistake on my spouse UCI i did not notice that there is a spicific UCI number for my spouse. Moving forward i did put my UCI number on my spouse schedule A instead of her UCI number and im so stupid to figured this out 10 days after i submitted them.i already wrote a spicific inquiry and i attached the new shedule A that contains the UCI number for my spouse. but i will absolutely appreciate if you guys can give mo some ipinion option or whatever that might help. please and thanks. good luck to all of us!!!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rolly27 said:
hows it going guys? i need some opinion please. i recieve a request for schedule A both for me and my spouse on Nov 9 i submitted both on Nov 11. however i made mistake on my spouse UCI i did not notice that there is a spicific UCI number for my spouse. Moving forward i did put my UCI number on my spouse schedule A instead of her UCI number and im so stupid to figured this out 10 days after i submitted them.i already wrote a spicific inquiry and i attached the new shedule A that contains the UCI number for my spouse. but i will absolutely appreciate if you guys can give mo some ipinion option or whatever that might help. please and thanks. good luck to all of us!!!!
Well, since you have already raised a CSE and attached a new schedule A, I guess you are good! You can wait for them to reply.

We all make mistakes, don't beat yourself up for this!

Good luck!

rolly27

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, since you have already raised a CSE and attached a new schedule A, I guess you are good! You can wait for them to reply.

We all make mistakes, don't beat yourself up for this!

Good luck!
thank you brother..

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application has been Approved and Close 20 min ago... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ....so happy....