Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
elmas said:
Thanks for the info!

To be honest, it still doesn't make any sense.

1) The paragraph that you just quoted talks about TRV applications.
2) My relation to a military person was way back!
3) I don't remember mentioning his occupation anywhere. I was only asked his name and date f birth and that was it. There are thousands of other men sharing the same name and surname with him.
4) Even though CIC might think this is a risk, what's taking so long? Are they double checking and triple checking?

Oh well. I'm kind of frustrated about being left out of the 6-month bunch. I'm sorry if that sounds childish but it's not fair to be left behind!

I don't want to call the call center again and again. So there's basically not much left to do.

Sigh.

You are welcome!

1) The decision-making process is similar. They send some cases to be screened for security by CSIS.
2) ...
3) There is no trend for CIC's work ! I drew this conclusion based on my own research and experience.
4) "Security Liaison Officers (SLOs) of CSIS are posted at Canadian embassies and consulates to gather security-related intelligence from other nations. This information may be gathered from other national intelligence agencies, law enforcement services and other sources. SLOs also assess potential immigrants to Canada for security issues.

This is how BG and Security checks are made during immigration progress and embassy has no power to control their investigation time frame. This is the main factor in immigration files delay" Quoted from another thread

Don't worry, you are not alone in this. There are some 20% of applicants who are left out of 6 months bunch. :(

Hopefully, we will all end up with PPR. ;)

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Fatemeh Njm said:
You are welcome!

1) The decision-making process is similar. They send some cases to be screened for security by CSIS.
2) ...
3) There is no trend for CIC's work ! I drew this conclusion based on my own research and experience.
4) "Security Liaison Officers (SLOs) of CSIS are posted at Canadian embassies and consulates to gather security-related intelligence from other nations. This information may be gathered from other national intelligence agencies, law enforcement services and other sources. SLOs also assess potential immigrants to Canada for security issues.

This is how BG and Security checks are made during immigration progress and embassy has no power to control their investigation time frame. This is the main factor in immigration files delay" Quoted from another thread

Don't worry, you are not alone in this. There are some 20% of applicants who are left out of 6 months bunch. :(

Hopefully, we will all end up with PPR. ;)
Thanks for the explanation Fatemeh.

Let's hope we all get it soon. Did you call CIC or order your notes?

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
elmas said:
Thanks for the explanation Fatemeh.

Let's hope we all get it soon. Did you call CIC or order your notes?

Yeah! I ordered my third GCMS note 20 days back. According to the second one, I passed criminality and eligibility. I have called CIC four times, sent 2 CSEs, and emailed them many times can't really remember.

All they say is "Your file is currently still under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will continue to be outside of our posted processing times"! the most famous generic answer :(

Yeah! let's keep hoping for it to come soon ;)

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Fatemeh Njm said:
Yeah! I ordered my third GCMS note 20 days back. According to the second one, I passed criminality and eligibility. I have called CIC four times, sent 2 CSEs, and emailed them many times can't really remember.

All they say is "Your file is currently still under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will continue to be outside of our posted processing times"! the most famous generic answer :(

Yeah! let's keep hoping for it to come soon ;)
We are in very similar boats then :)

Somebody on this thread had mentioned if you don't get PPR within 6 months, 8th month is when you will most probably get it. Halfway through the 8th month! Let's keep our fingers crossed, my dear :)

Fatemeh Njm

Jun 1, 2016
IR
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-04-2017
elmas said:

Somebody on this thread had mentioned if you don't get PPR within 6 months, 8th month is when you will most probably get it. Halfway through the 8th month! Let's keep our fingers crossed, my dear :)

Thanks elmas! Fingers crossed. Guess 8-month is very good for both of us ;)

Praying for sooner, though :)

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
elmas said:

that would have been me...lol

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
74% of April AOR's have received their PPR's as of today...March AOR's have clearly slipped down the priority for CIC

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
mubzali said:
74% of April AOR's have received their PPR's as of today...March AOR's have clearly slipped down the priority for CIC
so as per march spread sheet how many have recvd and hw many still to go.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
mubzali said:
And then will come May and so on. Will it take us like a year, do you suppose?

Your statistics had given me hope, actually, since this is my 8th month but as you've seen it's time for April AORers. I'm very impatient here!!

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
elmas said:
And then will come May and so on. Will it take us like a year, do you suppose?

Your statistics had given me hope, actually, since this is my 8th month but as you've seen it's time for April AORers. I'm very impatient here!!
i'm still backing my statistics and analysis to come through, although i'll admit...the closer it gets, the more frustrated it gets. i'm approaching the 7 month mark in 3 days and i'm really hoping things come through soon; a lot is riding on the timing of this much awaited PPR since I will be transferring offices globally at my work place, but even that takes time and transferring to the new office before January is what works best for them...so many variables out of my control makes me edgy. really hope it does not take a year!

mubzali

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
canadianrrk said:
so as per march spread sheet how many have recvd and hw many still to go.
236 Total Applications, 170 PPR's received to date - that's 72% AOR's which have received PPR's. Pretty sure this has gone over 80% since a lot of people don't post here all the time and might have already received their PPR's but haven't been updated in the spreadsheet.

FSW Outland (87 Applications, 56 PPR's, - which is about 64%)

mian mian

Jun 19, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I am going to complete my 8 month after few days but still no any response.
I think cic is not final left over cases in this year because after December 15 cic mostly staff on vacation to till 15 jan.
They celebrat Christmas /new year/ winter vacations.
After 13 JAN 2017 MY MEDICAL GOING TO EXPIRE.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
mubzali said:
236 Total Applications, 170 PPR's received to date - that's 72% AOR's which have received PPR's. Pretty sure this has gone over 80% since a lot of people don't post here all the time and might have already received their PPR's but haven't been updated in the spreadsheet.

FSW Outland (87 Applications, 56 PPR's, - which is about 64%)
What surprises me is that there are no PPRs in this group for a while. It's not even coming as drops. We're completely dry!

When do your medicals expire? Mine expire in late January. How long before they expire are applicants asked to renew them? Do you have any idea? Or do immigration officers take your expiry date into account and quicken your process?

Such a big mystery!

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Landed!

I know the wait is excruciating and I feel for those who still waiting, but keep the hope up, prepare yourself for your new life here, prepare your resume, understand the job marketing, find rent options, build your Canadian network, be with your family and friends that are not coming (you will miss them), and more important check your spam box. This sounds cliche but is actually very important.

Also I want to share my landing experience and timeline;
09/23/16 - Passport sent to Ottawa
10/11/16 - Received passport back
10/13/16 - Landed

I drove to the US and entered as a tourist, spent the day shopping and had dinner at The Cheese Cake Factory because they don't have a Canadian branch :(
At the end of the day I crossed the Queenston Lewiston Bridge, it was a pretty quiet night, only one car in front of me on the Canadian side.
While crossing I told the border officer that I was landing, he asked how much we have spent at the US (was less then $200 in total) then he pointed where I should park and the way to their office.

Entered the office find few people working on their computers, a small group talking to one of the officers at the counter and no one waiting. They asked for my passport, and COPR letter, sent me to the bench, and after a few minutes one officer called me back. He asked those standard questions about crimes and etc. Then sent me to my seat again. Then he called me back and said; When you sign those papers you will be a resident of Canada. Are you ready? I signed the papers and all officers that were around clapped and cheered for me. It was very cool, really good vibe, I was really glad for the attention they spent.
In total it passed less than 50 min and I was driving back to Toronto with a feeling of mission accomplished. After 3.5 years as temporary I am finally resident of Canada!

That's it guys, I will be around and try to help with my experience and ideas, good luck to you all!