04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
g126 said:
I know what you mean... I thought that my exp at OINP would have prepared me for everything... I was wrong... :p

I think it may change from blank as soon as the R10 check is done.

Do you have translated DOCs? May be they need to verify the translations so the checks take longer...
My status now means that all the docs are ok for now and the translations have been accepted??

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
I applied a day before you, and I'm on the same boat as you. (blank status)

I'm so anxious and keep checking my account at least 4 times a day, I don't think I can survive 6 months like this ahahaha.
Good at least I am not alone that has this account checking obsession.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
No translated documents whatsoever. I had thought my application would be one of the quick ones, but maybe I'm wrong:

Applying as one applicant.

I don't have any PCCs, as I moved to Canada long before I turned 18 and only left for a total of 4 months after I turned 18. I just wrote a LOE saying that I never lived anywhere for longer than 6 months, aside from Canada, after the age 18.

My degrees and work experience are all within Canada.

I think the only thing that might be a slight delay is that I did my medical on Dec 28th, so I'm not sure how quickly the results come back.

g126 said:
I know what you mean... I thought that my exp at OINP would have prepared me for everything... I was wrong... :p

I think it may change from blank as soon as the R10 check is done.

Do you have translated DOCs? May be they need to verify the translations so the checks take longer...

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
omarnabsws said:
My status now means that all the docs are ok for now and the translations have been accepted??
Well, I'm not sure... I'm just theorizing that perhaps the R10 check may be done before that status changes... but I'm not certain about that. Now that you've mentioned you have translation I find it difficult to believe that R10 would be done in 1 day in your case, so I'm thinking probably not... :(

vensak said:
Join the club buddy! I can see myself going to meetings soon and saying stuff like "It's been 10 days since I last checked MyCIC account..."

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
moelaghil said:
No translated documents whatsoever. I had thought my application would be one of the quick ones, but maybe I'm wrong:

Applying as one applicant.

I don't have any PCCs, as I moved to Canada long before I turned 18 and only left for a total of 4 months after I turned 18. I just wrote a LOE saying that I never lived anywhere for longer than 6 months, aside from Canada, after the age 18.

My degrees and work experience are all within Canada.

I think the only thing that might be a slight delay is that I did my medical on Dec 28th, so I'm not sure how quickly the results come back.
Hmm ok... yes you should be a quick one then...

I'm now leaning towards officer preference, I think some officers are quicker at updating status or update them in different order to others.

Oh hell.. will try not to think about my application for 30 days and then order GCMS notes sometime after that.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
vensak said:

Trust me guys no one has this obsession more than I do.

It's actually embarrassing

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
we all have obsession with status checking... trust me :) i used to wake up sometimes during the night to check the status... ahaha:)

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
g126 said:
This takes a while... in fact it will only be complete once the decision is made :p

You'll see the medicals passed and the background check change from not needed (NN) to not started (NS) to (IP) and then back to NS/NN... And the cycle though again... depending on which VO this may cycle a few more times.

The way I understand is this:
- There is an initial DOC check (so BC goes to IP) for a few weeks, along with this check they'll also verify your medicals, which usually is the first one to change
- Then you file is transferred to the Local VO and sits idle for some time
- The the BC changes back to IP for about 2 months while they do all the security background checking
- Eventually when this is finished you'll receive PPR and decision is made status changes

Throughout the whole process the eligibility remains "Review in Process".

If they need documents from you then (and only then) the Review of submitted documents changes to "We need documents from you" -> "Provided" -> No additional Docs needed at this time...

During the initial checks they perform two checks:
- R10 checks to verify you have submitted all the required docs and they are all in order (this is where the app is canceled if you forget to attach something like degree or medical receipt and usually happens within the first 3 weeks)
- A11.2 checks to verify you meet the minimum entry criteria at the time of ITA, they will recalculate your CRS and make sure it's above the cutoff (this is were your app is canceled if the system gave you more CRS points than you should of had and you accepted the ITA anyway), this stage also involves PNP criteria, so for example OINP requires the candidate te remain above 400 points, if the candidate dipped bellow due to a change in IELTS or any other change except for birthdays you get app canceled)

The second round of BC checks will verify admissibility, so basically:
- security
- criminality
- misrepresentation
- etc.

Important note is that the security portion is not done by IRCC but by Canadian Intelligence Services so this can take a while and is out of their hands...

Hope you find this helpful... I was wondering about all this until recently and better understanding the process ahead makes it a little easier to bear the wait! ;-)
Thanks for this information!

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
andy108 said:
we all have obsession with status checking... trust me :) i used to wake up sometimes during the night to check the status... ahaha:)
Haha, well since I applied barely a week ago, so my application is still not in LVO and still is being processed in Ottawa. So I only check for status updates during the working hours of Ottawa, 9 to 5

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
g126 said:
This takes a while... in fact it will only be complete once the decision is made :p

You'll see the medicals passed and the background check change from not needed (NN) to not started (NS) to (IP) and then back to NS/NN... And the cycle though again... depending on which VO this may cycle a few more times.

The way I understand is this:
- There is an initial DOC check (so BC goes to IP) for a few weeks, along with this check they'll also verify your medicals, which usually is the first one to change
- Then you file is transferred to the Local VO and sits idle for some time
- The the BC changes back to IP for about 2 months while they do all the security background checking
- Eventually when this is finished you'll receive PPR and decision is made status changes

Throughout the whole process the eligibility remains "Review in Process".

If they need documents from you then (and only then) the Review of submitted documents changes to "We need documents from you" -> "Provided" -> No additional Docs needed at this time...

During the initial checks they perform two checks:
- R10 checks to verify you have submitted all the required docs and they are all in order (this is where the app is canceled if you forget to attach something like degree or medical receipt and usually happens within the first 3 weeks)
- A11.2 checks to verify you meet the minimum entry criteria at the time of ITA, they will recalculate your CRS and make sure it's above the cutoff (this is were your app is canceled if the system gave you more CRS points than you should of had and you accepted the ITA anyway), this stage also involves PNP criteria, so for example OINP requires the candidate te remain above 400 points, if the candidate dipped bellow due to a change in IELTS or any other change except for birthdays you get app canceled)

The second round of BC checks will verify admissibility, so basically:
- security
- criminality
- misrepresentation
- etc.

Important note is that the security portion is not done by IRCC but by Canadian Intelligence Services so this can take a while and is out of their hands...

Hope you find this helpful... I was wondering about all this until recently and better understanding the process ahead makes it a little easier to bear the wait! ;-)
very helpful. +1

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
vensak said:
Your are not alone VENSAK !! I check my account every time! My "Review of submitted documents" is blank, I don't realy know what it means!!!

My medical doctor gave me an appointement on next saturday to tell me about my medical results, and he will send it to IRCC next week.

Finger crossed !!!

emmn1003

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar, Senegal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Guys !!

Please, what is the procedure to order fo GCMS notes ? I have never heard about that before !

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emmn1003 said:
Your are not alone VENSAK !! I check my account every time! My "Review of submitted documents" is blank, I don't realy know what it means!!!

My medical doctor gave me an appointement on next saturday to tell me about my medical results, and he will send it to IRCC next week.

Finger crossed !!!
My experience from Ontario is that it takes like 1 to 2 weeks to check your points.
I think medical check is done fast in most of the cases within 1 week, but they need to wait for the results to be uploaded.
So if there is no bigger issue, everything can be transfered to local VO within 1 month. After that, the criminal background check is the longest, because they are then accessing some international databases or sending request to different countries (and there the reaction time can be different). So it is here, where the application can stay for longest time.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
emmn1003 said:
Guys !!

Please, what is the procedure to order fo GCMS notes ? I have never heard about that before !
If you search the forum you'll find plenty information on that... In short if you're a citizen or a PR you can do it yourself for $5 (so if you know someone that is they can do it for you), just go here :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

If not then you need to find a company that will do it for you, they normally charge around $30.. A search on google will reveal various companies that do this.