+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in January 2017 - Connect Here!

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Canada247 said:
Not if the TA or RA was done in Canada while on a study permit and in full-time studies. It's counted for foreign applicants that studied outside of Canada.
I was very panic now...... i submitted my application in feb.02, medical passed and now my background check is n/a

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
zhaff2004 said:
I had 484, once they subtracted the "invalid" work experience, it dropped to 473. Then, the cut off was 475, so I missed it by 2 points. urgh.

What makes it worse is that today the cut off is 417 points, but because I only re-entered the EE pool today, I won't qualify to apply under 417.

Can't really get any more unlucky with this thing.
Zhaff2004, just out of curiosity, do you know if your file made it to CPC-Ottawa or it was rejected at CIO-Sydney? My understanding is that work experience assessment which I believe is part of the A(11.2) check is usually done at CIO-Sydney before the file is transferred to Ottawa; I could be wrong though. Cheers.

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
yukiyuki111 said:
I was very panic now...... i submitted my application in feb.02, medical passed and now my background check is n/a
You need to relax, you could be the exception. I wouldn't sweat it. Since you claimed points for your RA position, did you submit an experience letter from your supervisor?

guanjiankun

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hi, I have received my AOR on Jan 3rd 2017, I haven't heard anything yet but here are some details of my application:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I haven't heard from CIC after March 13, 2017 when they updated my medical from NA to passed.

Anybody got better luck? To those of you have already received your PPR (Passport Request), How long did it take?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
guanjiankun said:
Hi, I have received my AOR on Jan 3rd 2017, I haven't heard anything yet but here are some details of my application:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I haven't heard from CIC after March 13, 2017 when they updated my medical from NA to passed.

Anybody got better luck? To those of you have already received your PPR (Passport Request), How long did it take?
What stream are you in?

yukiyuki111

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Canada247 said:
You need to relax, you could be the exception. I wouldn't sweat it. Since you claimed points for your RA position, did you submit an experience letter from your supervisor?
yes I do, my case in now at Ottawa, and my status changed from ip1 to N/A from 04.11.... really have no idea about what i would reveive in the future

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
yukiyuki111 said:
yes I do, my case in now at Ottawa, and my status changed from ip1 to N/A from 04.11.... really have no idea about what i would reveive in the future
All we can do is wait and hope. The CIO agent would have made the A(11.2) recommendation before passing your file to Ottawa.

breathofwind

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
guanjiankun said:
BC PNP Skilled Worker, So EEBC then?
Hi it's normal for PNP inland stream. A lot of people having AOR before you are still waiting.

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
yukiyuki111 said:
FYI-- Baji81 posted this on this thread

I found something in the forum which explains the entire process. Hope this explains your question
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GCMS Notes received after PPR was issued that explains my processing timeline from AOR to PPR
I ordered my GCMS notes for the first time on the day my application turned 5 months old, in order to receive it when the processing time becomes 6 so I would understand why it may pass the 6 months threshold. With Allah mighty blessings, I received my PPR 10 days later. The notes where issued the day before my PPR email was sent out, but it contains all the exact information required.

timeline on MyCIC
2015/07/17: ITA
2015/09/10: Submission of eAPR
2015/09/11: AOR
2015/12/18: Medical: Passed / Background Check: In progress
2015/12/22: Background Check: Not needed at this time
2016/02/14: Background Check: In progress
2016/02/15: RPRF request / paid
2016/02/19: PPR email (received it 3 days later, thanks to my lawyer)

Actual timeline from GCMS notes
2015/07/17: ITA
2015/09/10: Submission of eAPR
2015/09/11: AOR

2015/12/18: SUPPORT AGENT REVIEW: Preparing application for R10, Medicals: PASSED- Attaching my lawyer as a representative - Checking ECA is available - Checking IELTS - Requesting verification of Education - Funds - PCC - RCMP Check initiated
2015/12/19: AGENT REVIEW: R10 OK - PCCs OK - Education verified on WES - Criminality: PASSED
2015/12/22: AGENT REVIEW: Work experiences match proposed NOC - Reference Letters are verified - FSW and CRS scores are OK - Confirmation of marriage documents - Eligibility: RECOMMENDED PASS - Security check: REQUESTED
File transfer from CIO to CPC Ottawa - Workload redistribution
2016/02/14: OFFICER REVIEW: Confirm intention to reside in XXXX - Security Check: PASSED - Eligibility: PASSED - PR Application: ACCEPTED - RPRF : OUTSTANDING
Counterfoil: In Printing Queue
COPR: In Printing Queue
2016/02/15: OUTGOING MAIL: RPRF request
2016/02/16: INCOMING MAIL: RPRF Paid
- If your RPRF wasn't paid upfront, and you receive a request in a later stage (4 months or more), this is definitely a great sign of application acceptance.
- My application was literally untouched for 13 months post to AOR then most of the checks were done in a span of 5 days!
- IRCC work a lot on weekends, if you check the dates, you'll find a lot of Saturdays and Sundays.
- There are 3 types of reviewing personal: Support Agent, Agent and Officer. I assume the rank is ascending, and an Officer is the one deciding the fate of an application.
- Security Checks are the most time consuming elements of an application. After further research on Google and the forum, CSIS (Canadian Intelligence) receives a request from IRCC to conduct a Security Background check on all applicants 18 years and over towards CSIS databases, such as terrorism and espionage. CSIS also send requests to all intelligence agencies of all the countries you live in for 6 months or more. This is done as part of a global information sharing protocol (reference and confirmation is in research)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VITbman

Apr 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
28-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Coming soon
guanjiankun said:
BC PNP Skilled Worker, So EEBC then?
Same with my case, I'm Dec AOR BCPNP and have my Med's changed in mid March, nothing since then. Just wait or order GCMS notes to have some case updates.

guanjiankun

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
breathofwind said:
Hi it's normal for PNP inland stream. A lot of people having AOR before you are still waiting.
According to the experience from two of my friends in the PNP inland stream, their wait time from AOR to PPR are all more than 4 month and less than 5 month. So, I am just curious. Thanks for the reply.

guanjiankun

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
VITbman said:
Same with my case, I'm Dec AOR BCPNP and have my Med's changed in mid March, nothing since then. Just wait or order GCMS notes to have some case updates.
According to the experience from two of my friends in the PNP inland stream, one of them received his AOR early Oct, 2016, and the other in mid Oct ,2016. They all received their PPR during mid March, 2017.

So, I guess the processing time would be around 5 month, which means you are very very close to the PPR. Good luck, mate!