+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2016 EE Connect Here

smallcoffee2milk

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
GCMS notes are not helpful in the first 3 months as until that stage only the R10 is complete. No one can stop you from ordering it, but is does not provide you with much information. The processing time is 6 months, and be patient and let your file move at its pace. If there is not much movement, order the GMCS notes in the fourth month.

GCMS plays a vital role and should be used strategically. Although you can order the GCMS any number of times, but beware that each time you order the GCMS notes an agent is forced to open your file and review the notes before sending them to you. After the first four months files get staggered and some even though might have everything ready to move to the next step, but have been waiting for an agent to look into it. This is when the GCMS is of great use. Not only you get to see your file, when you request it, the agent opens it and will move it ahead if there is something waiting just to be entered.

The GCMS notes are most useful in the following scenario:

1. Medical showing not passed - In some cases the results are in, but an agent has not updated your file. If you request the GCMS an agent will be forced to open your file and while he is in it, he will update the medicals as passed.

2. BGC not started.

Every time you order GCMS, which is your right, you are also putting an extra burden on the CIC. So be mindful of when you order the notes.

In my opinion you should not order the notes in the first 4 months.
+1 for you, thank you for sharing your opinion on it.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
legalfalcon said:
GCMS notes are not helpful in the first 3 months as until that stage only the R10 is complete. No one can stop you from ordering it, but is does not provide you with much information. The processing time is 6 months, and be patient and let your file move at its pace. If there is not much movement, order the GMCS notes in the fourth month.

GCMS plays a vital role and should be used strategically. Although you can order the GCMS any number of times, but beware that each time you order the GCMS notes an agent is forced to open your file and review the notes before sending them to you. After the first four months files get staggered and some even though might have everything ready to move to the next step, but have been waiting for an agent to look into it. This is when the GCMS is of great use. Not only you get to see your file, when you request it, the agent opens it and will move it ahead if there is something waiting just to be entered.

1. Medical showing not passed - In some cases the results are in, but an agent has not updated your file. If you request the GCMS an agent will be forced to open your file and while he is in it, he will update the medicals as passed.

2. BGC not started.

Every time you order GCMS, which is your right, you are also putting an extra burden on the CIC. So be mindful of when you order the notes.

@legalfalcon no offense but i feel the information above stated is incorrect.

1. CIC officers working on your file does not do anything for GCMS. GCMS which means Global Case Management System is an electronic CMS tool where everything has to be recorded and another team is responsible for dispatching the GCMS Notes by pulling it from the system.
2. No information before 3-4 months. I was well pleased with the information i recieved in my GCMS Notes. I got AOR feb 4th and i Ordered GCMS on 5th April. Received it on 20th with 7th April date on it.
It had almost all the information I was looking for cleared my doubts about eligibility and why I received the Ghost emails.
My Security check is pending and my current due date is April 29 in my GCMS notes. IF i dont see any update till May 2nd week, than I am putting any request to know what happened on the Due date.

Right To Information is a good thing and when it is available we should make use of it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
kirtivsingh said:
@legalfalcon no offense but i feel the information above stated is incorrect.

1. CIC officers working on your file does not do anything for GCMS. GCMS which means Global Case Management System is an electronic CMS tool where everything has to be recorded and another team is responsible for dispatching the GCMS Notes by pulling it from the system.
Every file is vetted by an officer before it is sent o an applicant who requested it. It is correct that another team handles it, but only after an officer has reviwed it. This is because some files may have confidential information which has to be withheld under Section 13 of the Access to Information Act. This could be because information coming from other country or an onging investigation. I have personally seen files with blanked our paragraphs and pages.

So please get you facts right.

2. No information before 3-4 months. I was well pleased with the information i recieved in my GCMS Notes. I got AOR feb 4th and i Ordered GCMS on 5th April. Received it on 20th with 7th April date on it.
It had almost all the information I was looking for cleared my doubts about eligibility and why I received the Ghost emails.
My Security check is pending and my current due date is April 29 in my GCMS notes. IF i dont see any update till May 2nd week, than I am putting any request to know what happened on the Due date.

Right To Information is a good thing and when it is available we should make use of it.

Good for you. In my posts, I have specifically mentioned that every file is different. When you say Eligibility (A11.2) is passed for you, good. But A11.2 is a two step process. The file is first evaluated by an analyst, or a case processing analyst and then reviewed by an officer. Even in your notes for the R10 there will be an analyst note and then an agent note, which starts with *********AGENT REVIEW*******.

Only after an agent has reviewed the file will your eligibility be passed and it will be reflected in the notes and the 2 pages of the notes where you see:

Eligibility:
HIRV:
CRIMINALITY:
SECURITY:

And yes, you have the right to order the GCMS Notes as many times as you want, but when I have written is a generalization and not a norm. If it helped you, awesome.

J G

Mar 9, 2016
SoCloseToHome said:
Same boat. My AOR is 12 FEB, No update on Medicals passed or additional documents requested. I basically have AOR even though medicals were done a week before submission. Confirmed with MD no issues. :/
Gud luck,
Plz update if you get any update on your app!!

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:

2. BGC not started.

Agree

Thank you. +1

mtina

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 feb 2016
AOR Received.
17 FEB 2016
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
MEDICAL PASSED
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
Any update on feb thread....?

waiting for PPR rain rain rain.....in this thread

IcedCoffee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
A girl from a Russian forum got PPR today. I am not sure if she is on this forum, so I'll add some details.
Her AOR was on 24th February, FSW Outland. Today she had a phone call, officer asked her about job details, destination province and city, some other general information. After that officer said here case was being finalized. She got RPRF and PPR requests right after the call.
The call was made from a local phone number.

vfonte

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
IcedCoffee said:
A girl from a Russian forum got PPR today. I am not sure if she is on this forum, so I'll add some details.
Her AOR was on 24th February, FSW Outland. Today she had a phone call, officer asked her about job details, destination province and city, some other general information. After that officer said here case was being finalized. She got RPRF and PPR requests right after the call.
The call was made from a local phone number.
Thanks for the information. Just out of curiosity, would you know if the call was made by an English speaker or by a Russian speaker (since the call was from a local phone number) ?

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
From the response of others who have got call, I observed that it will be English only, because they understand that we have taken the IELTS exam and we can speak English well. Plus in local VOs also there are Canadian officers who don't know local language.

vfonte

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
cjs said:
From the response of others who have got call, I observed that it will be English only, because they understand that we have taken the IELTS exam and we can speak English well. Plus in local VOs also there are Canadian officers who don't know local language.
Yeah, I thought so. As an example, when I applied for the US tourist Visa in my country, the whole interview was in English and I could tell that the guy wasn't american because of his accent. But still, only English was spoken, because he saw in my passport that I had a study permit from Canada, so I was supposed to know how to speak English.

Thanks for the reply.

IcedCoffee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
vfonte said:
Thanks for the information. Just out of curiosity, would you know if the call was made by an English speaker or by a Russian speaker (since the call was from a local phone number) ?
The call was in English 100%, but I have no idea if the caller was local or Canadian.
My guess is: an officer from the local VO called. If I had a call, I would probably be able to hear the difference between an English native-speaker or a local person talking in English.

vfonte

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
IcedCoffee said:
The call was in English 100%, but I have no idea if the caller was local or Canadian.
My guess is: an officer from the local VO called. If I had a call, I would probably be able to hear the difference between an English native-speaker or a local person talking in English.
I concur. I just want to be sure if I ever get a call in English, it will probably be someone from immigration.
Thanks.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
You are telling me to get my facts right. But lets first understand where you got your facts. because i belioeve you are providing people with wrong information. CIC officer does not have to approve anything as whatever they enter in GCMS has to be correct.

And you are right it is a two part process, first yoru eligibility is passed than it is MET.

Second when you say good for you that means i and maybe many more have recieved useful information before 3 months. than why are you generalizing the process based on your experience.
I dont know when you ordered your GCMS notes, but since Jan the EE process has been getting faster. I have seen many peopel get their GCMS in sub20 days with very valuable information.
IT relives stress gets one all teh insight they wanna know about their. clearing doubts for ghost emails adn setting some expectations after seeing the due dates.

Dont you think that's being to subjective.

I AM JUST WRITING THING COZ I FOUND YOUR POST DEMORALIZING TO A LOT OF PEOPLE AND IT WAS NOT CORRECT EITHER.