+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
SNG said:
I have just received a request for additional information through my cic account.

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we
require the following information/documents:
Client Information: Please confirm your current valid email address.

I just felt a little worried. Is it a normal process?
Whats your timeline?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
cheesycheese said:
Still waiting for me also - Inland CEC OOPNP application

07.08.2015....ITA
20.08.2015....AOR
28.08.2015....Medical Passed
31.08.2015....Schedule 4 Submitted
02.09.2015....BG-In Progress

Everything went so quickly at the beginning and then nothing. I received my GCMS notes on Dec 30th and it shows that the they haven't accessed or worked on my file since Sept 25th where they made a long detailed note which basically said that all credentials were met. It's as though I've been approved for PR and then they've forgotten to process my application.

I've ordered my GCMS notes again but if I have been 'forgotten', there's nothing I can do until I reach 6 months I suppose? Very frustrating.
Exactly my case. I guess they assess PNPs in the same way/order.

dell.david

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone ...

If any one in this forum (AOR AUG) experience BG variation like bg is in process and not needed at this time and got ppr .

Appreciate your reply .

Dave

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indianaspirant said:
Have faith Yelena... Im sure this time it'll bring u good news.... Lighting doesn't strike at the same place twice... Im praying for u

I hope so... perhaps some news next week... aproaching our 6 months mark., not that this seems to matter any more

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
yelena said:
I hope so... perhaps some news next week... aproaching our 6 months mark., not that this seems to matter any more
Don't lose hope and keep the positive vibrations around! I know he it feels as we are also waiting but faith is everything.. What say

WalterW

Nov 30, 2015
yelena said:
Congrats! Where are you located now? Are we ment to be getting ppr ftom vienna?
I'm in BC.
No idea whether we are getting out PPRs from Vienna. They just told me that some part of the background check goes through Vienna.

Try and call CIC (i'm sure you already did) and just maybe an agent will be willing to give you some info as they did in my case (after a few who did not).

In my case at first everything went very fast, AOR aug 5, BG check Aug 17, RPRF Sept 9 and then nothing till yesterday. There are no rules.

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
Exactly my case. I guess they assess PNPs in the same way/order.
The annoying thing is we've been here on temporary visas and we're 2 months away from our 4 year maximum visa allowance deadline. If this drags on any longer, I'm going to have to look at a BOWP which is yet more paperwork, more hassle and more expense. And all the time, I'm watching them ship other people in on PRs from other countries who've never even set foot in Canada and who've applied after me...........and let's not forget I've already sat in the EE pool being queue-jumped for 6 months until the OOPNP stream became available.............and that was after the 2014 PR application farce where I applied 2 weeks after they decided to stop accepting applications but didn't tell anyone for 3 months what they'd done and after they'd already returned my first application (before their deadline) because of 1 numerical error on a supporting letter. You couldn't make my story up! :mad:

And to add insult to injury, we have 2 Canadian children born since we arrived here (ages 1 and 3) and both on Canadian passports. You'd think Canada would prioritise and want to take care of it's own first? Nope, the fact I have 2 young Canadian children has ZERO importance in the Permanent Residency process for the British parents who look after them.

Don't get me wrong, EVERYBODY deserves a chance to live in Canada but it just feels like it's all out of balance and people already here and contributing to their economy are being largely ignored and processed much slower than everybody else (and I'm talking about the whole Immigration system, not just PR). I know there's a million sob stories out there and it's impossible to have a truly fair system but this has been a really unpleasant experience that's gone on for almost 2 years and a lot of expense for us.

Vent over.........Haha! ;D

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
cheesycheese said:
The annoying thing is we've been here on temporary visas and we're 2 months away from our 4 year maximum visa allowance deadline. If this drags on any longer, I'm going to have to look at a BOWP which is yet more paperwork, more hassle and more expense. And all the time, I'm watching them ship other people in on PRs from other countries who've never even set foot in Canada and who've applied after me...........and let's not forget I've already sat in the EE pool being queue-jumped for 6 months until the OOPNP stream became available.............and that was after the 2014 PR application farce where I applied 2 weeks after they decided to stop accepting applications but didn't tell anyone for 3 months what they'd done and after they'd already returned my first application (before their deadline) because of 1 numerical error on a supporting letter. You couldn't make my story up! :mad:

And to add insult to injury, we have 2 Canadian children born since we arrived here (ages 1 and 3) and both on Canadian passports. You'd think Canada would prioritise and want to take care of it's own first? Nope, the fact I have 2 young Canadian children has ZERO importance in the Permanent Residency process for the British parents who look after them.

Don't get me wrong, EVERYBODY deserves a chance to live in Canada but it just feels like it's all out of balance and people already here and contributing to their economy are being largely ignored and processed much slower than everybody else (and I'm talking about the whole Immigration system, not just PR). I know there's a million sob stories out there and it's impossible to have a truly fair system but this has been a really unpleasant experience that's gone on for almost 2 years and a lot of expense for us.

Vent over.........Haha! ;D
I know exactly what you mean and feel your pain! Been living here for almost 6 years and here I am still waiting...This is a joke but what can we do. Just frustrates me drives me up the wall. I wish you guys get it as soon as possible and keep me updated. My AOR is August 17.

dell.david

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phil8 and cheesycheez ,

so many years u lived under which stream ?

or u both were illegal immigrants ? 6 years is long time to get pr .

regards
dave

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
dell.david said:
phil8 and cheesycheez ,

regards
dave
Ask other thousands and thousands of people who live and work in Canada and can't get PR. You just won't understand. Don't be stupid.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
Ask other thousands and thousands of people who live and work in Canada and can't get PR. You just won't understand. Don't be stupid.
No need for this reaction. He just asked you a simple question, and wasn't judging you in any way.

dell.david

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes ...

which country are u from ?

please comment ..and how did u manage to come to canada initially ....

i wanna know your story forget thousand ...lol

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
dell.david said:
phil8 and cheesycheez ,

regards
dave
You could have avoided the word illegal immigrant . How can an illegal immigrant apply for a Pr from inside canada . Phil may be on work permit , cheesy already explained that he is on verge of ending temp work permit...

We are all here for Canadian pr , let's be friends...

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
No need for this reaction. He just asked you a simple question, and wasn't judging you in any way.
To be fair to Phil, asking if we're illegal immigrants isn't the most intelligent question is it. ::)

In my case, I've been here almost 4 years on a Intra Company Temporary Work Visa from England and have spent almost 2 years and well over $10,000 trying to secure Permament Residency for me, my wife and my son (all on British passports). We are the 'perfect' immigrants for Canada and tick every box but time after time, the system works against us (and as Phil says, the thousands of other people in our situation).

To try and give you an example, an English colleague of mine was made redundant during his EE process and despite his wife being terminally ill from cancer with months to live was forced back to England (as his visa only allowed him to work for the one employer who had just made him redundant) where he had no house and little money to re-establish himself, never mind cope with a dying wife. He'd also been trying to secure PR for well over a year but the system rather than his eligibility took too long before he ran out of time due to losing his job.