+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in August 2015

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
dell.david said:
phil8 and cheesycheez ,

so many years u lived under which stream ?

or u both were illegal immigrants ? 6 years is long time to get pr .

regards
dave
A bit cheesy, I should say

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
yelena said:
dear good.. my background jest went from not started, to not needed at the time.

It nearly gave me a heart atack! Last time I saw this, my application was rejected :'( :'( :'(

Could also mean, additional document required. Have faith and hope for the best dearie.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheesycheese said:
The annoying thing is we've been here on temporary visas and we're 2 months away from our 4 year maximum visa allowance deadline. If this drags on any longer, I'm going to have to look at a BOWP which is yet more paperwork, more hassle and more expense. And all the time, I'm watching them ship other people in on PRs from other countries who've never even set foot in Canada and who've applied after me...........and let's not forget I've already sat in the EE pool being queue-jumped for 6 months until the OOPNP stream became available.............and that was after the 2014 PR application farce where I applied 2 weeks after they decided to stop accepting applications but didn't tell anyone for 3 months what they'd done and after they'd already returned my first application (before their deadline) because of 1 numerical error on a supporting letter. You couldn't make my story up! :mad:

And to add insult to injury, we have 2 Canadian children born since we arrived here (ages 1 and 3) and both on Canadian passports. You'd think Canada would prioritise and want to take care of it's own first? Nope, the fact I have 2 young Canadian children has ZERO importance in the Permanent Residency process for the British parents who look after them.

Don't get me wrong, EVERYBODY deserves a chance to live in Canada but it just feels like it's all out of balance and people already here and contributing to their economy are being largely ignored and processed much slower than everybody else (and I'm talking about the whole Immigration system, not just PR). I know there's a million sob stories out there and it's impossible to have a truly fair system but this has been a really unpleasant experience that's gone on for almost 2 years and a lot of expense for us.

Vent over.........Haha! ;D
I know what you feel, but that's not what Canada promised you at the time you initially went there, right. It was either a temporary visitor/student/whatever visa plus a work permit. You should have known what you're signing up for and investing yourself into. I don't think people who have spent time in Canada should be given privilege just because of that. There are specific guidelines on what Canada is looking for and approximately how long the process is going to be, which CIC tends to adhere IN GENERAL minus the refugee issues and a couple months of delay in result.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Canadaistheway said:
I know what you feel, but that's not what Canada promised you at the time you initially went there, right. It was either a temporary visitor/student/whatever visa plus a work permit. You should have known what you're signing up for and investing yourself into. I don't think people who have spent time in Canada should be given privilege just because of that. There are specific guidelines on what Canada is looking for and approximately how long the process is going to be, which CIC tends to adhere IN GENERAL minus the refugee issues and a couple months of delay in result.
Please lets not go there. I understand why you said what you said - you are applying from outside of Canada.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
dell.david said:
yes ...

which country are u from ?

please comment ..and how did u manage to come to canada initially ....

i wanna know your story forget thousand ...lol
This is absolutely unnecessary mate. Let's be respectful to eachother

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
dell.david said:
hi everyone ...

If any one in this forum (AOR AUG) experience BG variation like bg is in process and not needed at this time and got ppr .

Appreciate your reply .

Dave
I have seen -- from "not started" to PPR; but not from " not needed " to PPR. Usually, not needed at this time usually connotes an impending --additional document request, or rejection (in very few cases)

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
Please lets not go there. I understand why you said what you said - you are applying from outside of Canada.
Yes, but that doesn't mean I don't get it. I spent over two years in the US, had a one year work permit, SSN, two US citizen kids and an opportunity to go for H1B plus I had spent north of 10K on immigration fees. I still chose to go back to home country because I didn't see more or less guaranteed PR light at the end of the tunnel. Other people didn't and I still don't judge them. Then I opted for Canada because they have a more clear and seemingly fair process. To add to that, immigration to any country is a controversial issue these days. So let's keep the hopes up.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Canadaistheway said:
Yes, but that doesn't mean I don't get it. I spent over two years in the US, had a one year work permit, SSN, two US citizen kids and an opportunity to go for H1B plus I had spent north of 10K on immigration fees. I still chose to go back to home country because I didn't see more or less guaranteed PR light at the end of the tunnel. Other people didn't and I still don't judge them. Then I opted for Canada because they have a more clear and seemingly fair process. To add to that, immigration to any country is a controversial issue these days. So let's keep the hopes up.
Sorry are you trying to be a smart ass? Really don't understand the purpose of your speech

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaistheway said:
Tell me where I said I should be given privilege because I'm already here? I said everybody deserves a chance to come to Canada. My point was that we are already here yet other people are queue-jumping us and we don't seem to be given an equal and fair chance to secure PR. So by your rationale, people not living here are being given a privilege that we're not.

Also if could show me in the CIC guidelines where it says we'd have to endure a constant changing of the rules and application process and continually jump through hoops for almost 2 years, I'd appreciate it. :)

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
Sorry are you trying to be a smart ass? Really don't understand the purpose of your speech
The purpose is to tell you that I get it because I could sense sarcasm in you mentioning the fact that I am outland applicant like I would never get it. But you are still trying to be a smart ass yourself so I'll leave it at that.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
toronto_engg said:
Hi
Im aug 9 Aor.
My PCC was valid for 6 months and would have expired by now. Will that cause any issue with my ppr?
Cic mistakenly rejected my application just like yelenas and then reopened, causing a waste of one month.
No, it will not

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheesycheese said:
Tell me where I said I should be given privilege because I'm already here? I said everybody deserves a chance to come to Canada. My point was that we are already here yet other people are queue-jumping us and we don't seem to be given an equal and fair chance to secure PR. So by your rationale, people not living here are being given a privilege that we're not.

Also if could show me in the CIC guidelines where it says we'd have to endure a constant changing of the rules and application process and continually jump through hoops for almost 2 years, I'd appreciate it. :)
I guess it was the que-jumping part, which to me meant having spent time in Canada guarantees a faster PR.
I don't get what que jumping you're referring to otherwise though

I agree with you on CIC, which sometimes does seem to be all over the process. But at least it's 10x better than the USCIS. :D