17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
abhisuri13 said:
My BG is not in progress till now (AoR 21 Aug). Just wanted to check if someone with AOR before this still has his BG not started? Its always a comforting feeling if you know you are not the only one left ;D

My bg is not started , and there are so many ... You are not alone ,

Where you now , india or USA ???

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
ibejiopad said:
The truth is - there has always been backlogs since ages ago, as such, the agent hasn't said anything new. My take away from the OP's post is that most of July's applicants file are completed and visa ready. As usual, 80% of them would be getting their pprs in january while few unlucky ones may have theirs slightly extended for another 2-3 months.

I also opine that 80% of august aors may also be getting their prrs in january. I have a hunch that the reason behind the little delay on PPR may boils down to qouta, as such, they are not inclined to send out mass pprs until the new immigration year.
Seems true.

dbrompe

Dec 18, 2015
sharma1990 said:
What u said to officer that he/she agreed to open your application
Just asked if there's something wrong with my application and if he could check that so if there's something wrong I could fix it to avoid a rejection. He checked the application and told me there's nothing wrong. Just that. Then I asked about my current visa status, that will expire in January, so he told me that looking into my files, I'm qualified to request a bridge work permit... I asked if he could tell me when my application will be processed (I know that he couldn't tell when, but I was trying to get as much information as he could give) and that's the moment when he told me about the backlog, that CIC has a lot of application to process but that they are working to process all Express Entry applications until March/2016. That's all what he could tell.

dbrompe

Dec 18, 2015
anarsoul said:
Well, March 2016 means that they'll miss their 6 months processing time commitment by 2-3 months.
Yeah... but if we're lucky, they'll process ours in the next days... I really hope to get a PPR as a "Santa Claus" gift :D

dbrompe

Dec 18, 2015
SAJ_ee2015 said:
thanks for the info. But this is really ridiculous since they are conducting more and more draws and increasing back logs again. :(
That's exactly what I wanted to say to the officer during the call... LOL

Why CIC sent thousands of ITAs if they already have thousands of applications to process... I don't know what those guys think.

I think this Friday was the last draw for 2015.

dbrompe

Dec 18, 2015
Phil89 said:
I think this person is a troll! An agent would never disclose any information about "huge" backlogs and would not even look into your file if you didn't hit 6 months.
yes, I'm a troll ??? ??? ???... and I think you're a very stressed person. You should do some yoga, drink some tea to relax... the process is getting into your nerves.

We're all in the same boat here... so there's no reason for me to came here and try to mess things. So, before start calling others as "trolls", be more respectful.

And that ends here.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
dbrompe said:
yes, I'm a troll ??? ??? ???... and I think you're a very stressed person. You should do some yoga, drink some tea to relax... the process is getting into your nerves.

We're all in the same boat here... so there's no reason for me to came here and try to mess things. So, before start calling others as "trolls", be more respectful.

And that ends here.
There is a difference when someone says "there is a HUGE backlog" and "CIC has many applications in process". Yes, I do not believe the agent told it in a way you presented it here. He might have said that in general which everyone knows CIC is busy anyway.

mmiirr168

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
dbrompe said:
Hi all,

Called CIC this morning, a very nice officer answered the phone... I asked to check my application, he said everything was complete...

BUT they are facing a HUGE backlog in applications and he told me that most of our applications will be processed until MARCH/2016.

That's right folks... he said that they are processing in batches and if I'm lucky, my application will be in the next one... but he couldn't tell, of course.

He also sent me and email with information to apply for a Bridge open work permit, as my file shown that the requirements for BOWP are met.

If you want to call CIC, call them at 8:00am... it's the best time to call.

I'm and inland FSW applicant... received my AOR in July 23... Fingerprints in Nov 16...

Now I'm waiting my GCMS notes that will probably arrive in Jan 14.

Good luck to us all!
Hi, dear dbrompe

Could you please clarify when you said that the agent told you most of our applications would be done by March 2016. Did he mean July group specifically or whatever applications they have on hands right now?

Thank you.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
dbrompe said:
Just asked if there's something wrong with my application and if he could check that so if there's something wrong I could fix it to avoid a rejection. He checked the application and told me there's nothing wrong. Just that. Then I asked about my current visa status, that will expire in January, so he told me that looking into my files, I'm qualified to request a bridge work permit... I asked if he could tell me when my application will be processed (I know that he couldn't tell when, but I was trying to get as much information as he could give) and that's the moment when he told me about the backlog, that CIC has a lot of application to process but that they are working to process all Express Entry applications until March/2016. That's all what he could tell.
Process ALL EE appliications (including sep,oct,nov and dec guys) by march, 2016 sounds pretty much as great news.

However, does that mean there won't be EE applications or draws till march? If true, they may probably want to leverage on the time to clear their 2014 paper backlogs

dbrompe

Dec 18, 2015
mmiirr168 said:
Hi, dear dbrompe

Could you please clarify when you said that the agent told you most of our applications would be done by March 2016. Did he mean July group specifically or whatever applications they have on hands right now?

Thank you.
Hi,

No, he didn't specified that... he said that most applications will be processed until march 2016. I can only think that july and august AOR's will be in this timeline... probably october and november also...
That's the problem with CIC, we'll never know what happens inside their office.

alex.121

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Guys I am quite sure we will hear good news by Jan.... So let’s hope for best and do not worry about things at the moment. Let’s enjoy the Christmas break

Happy Holidays to all you!

Ranitidin

Dec 11, 2015
alex.121 said:
Guys I am quite sure we will hear good news by Jan.... So let’s hope for best and do not worry about things at the moment. Let’s enjoy the Christmas break

Happy Holidays to all you!
That's the spirit! Happy Holidays!

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
If so then it would make things worse for me. If PPR's are sent out in march then probably it'll take at least 2 months to get COPR (Just my assumption) and my medicals expire in June in which case i'll have to rush and land. More the delay, shorter the time to prepare for landing. Am i right?

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
TRUENORTH_4M_C2C said:
If so then it would make things worse for me. If PPR's are sent out in march then probably it'll take at least 2 months to get COPR (Just my assumption) and my medicals expire in June in which case i'll have to rush and land. More the delay, shorter the time to prepare for landing. Am i right?
it will take approximately 1 month to get CoPR.