Med's Done....
Upfront: Passed
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
March 2016 AoR's CEC, have started receiving PPR's.

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Anyone here AOR April 2016 CEC with LMIA and BOWP?

bobsun

Aug 3, 2016
JP_IndoCan said:
What is flagpole?
“Flagpoling,” also known as “sidedooring,” are terms which describe the process of individuals who are inside Canada travelling briefly to the United States and then upon re-entry to Canada submitting an application at a Canadian port of entry (“POE“). For most individuals who are eligible to flag-pole it is the preferred method to obtain study permits, work permits, and to have their Confirmations of Permanent Residence signed. The reason is because it typically takes a Canada Border Services Agency (“CBSA“) officer less than 30 minutes to process an application, whereas it can take Citizenship and Immigration Canada (“CIC“) weeks or months to either process an application or schedule a landing interview.

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
JP_IndoCan said:
1. Can anyone explain how to apply for GCMS.

2. What difference does GCMS make?

Thanks in advance.

Firstly thanks for bumping up this thread....
Regarding your query...GCMS=Global case management system (basically agent/analyst/officer notes related to your application that you can order under the privacy act or the access to information and privacy act)
If you are inland you can order it yourself. under the privacy act its free but under atip it will cost 5 bucks. these notes usually take a month to receive. if you are outland you can order these notes thru 3rd parties like visafile.info
you may order them to find out the exact status of your application and if there are issues, you can fix them by raising CSE
hope that helps!!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
JP_IndoCan said:

Thanks in advance.
google atip and you will figure out what to do from there-pretty basic. additionally just be careful not to select "Express Entry" while ordering notes....select "Permanent residence"

toludee

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
RyanGiggs011 said:
I read somewhere in the threads about number of applications are high in Jan/Feb.
Fetched some info from CIC round of invitations.
It looks like Jan & Feb has the highest number of ITA's issued so far since Jan-2016.

Below shows a decreasing trend of ITA's.

if feb is nearly done and March already getting BG in progress, so then we should be ready for the torrent by End of August or Early sept, my thots

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
bobsun said:
“Flagpoling,” also known as “sidedooring,” are terms which describe the process of individuals who are inside Canada travelling briefly to the United States and then upon re-entry to Canada submitting an application at a Canadian port of entry (“POE“). For most individuals who are eligible to flag-pole it is the preferred method to obtain study permits, work permits, and to have their Confirmations of Permanent Residence signed. The reason is because it typically takes a Canada Border Services Agency (“CBSA“) officer less than 30 minutes to process an application, whereas it can take Citizenship and Immigration Canada (“CIC“) weeks or months to either process an application or schedule a landing interview.
Thank you Bobsun. Where do I get this application to submit at the border. I am waiting for my PPR. I am inland CEC. When is the right time for me to do the flagpole? Should I do after PPR or after COPR?

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
lazybone said:
JP_IndoCan said:

Thanks in advance.

Firstly thanks for bumping up this thread....
Regarding your query...GCMS=Global case management system (basically agent/analyst/officer notes related to your application that you can order under the privacy act or the access to information and privacy act)
If you are inland you can order it yourself. under the privacy act its free but under atip it will cost 5 bucks. these notes usually take a month to receive. if you are outland you can order these notes thru 3rd parties like visafile.info
you may order them to find out the exact status of your application and if there are issues, you can fix them by raising CSE
hope that helps!!
Thank you Lazybone. How does GCMS impact my PR?

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
JP_IndoCan said:
Thank you Lazybone. How does GCMS impact my PR?
You can order GCMS notes as many times as you feel like...it wont affect your application...atip notes come under the access to information act...its your right to know about your application...

JP_IndoCan said:
Thank you Bobsun. Where do I get this application to submit at the border. I am waiting for my PPR. I am inland CEC. When is the right time for me to do the flagpole? Should I do after PPR or after COPR?
Flagpoling is done when you don't have US VISA...if you have US VISA, youre good...you cross the border and come back into Canada to do your landing...if you don't have US VISA, you flagpole-basically you cross the border from Canada to US...on the US side they issue an Admin Refusal(because you don't have VISA) and then you come into Canada to do your landing...the admin refusal from the US does not hamper your chances of applying in the future for a US VISA...

Hope that helps!

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
lazybone said:
You can order GCMS notes as many times as you feel like...it wont affect your application...atip notes come under the access to information act...its your right to know about your application...

Flagpoling is done when you don't have US VISA...if you have US VISA, youre good...you cross the border and come back into Canada to do your landing...if you don't have US VISA, you flagpole-basically you cross the border from Canada to US...on the US side they issue an Admin Refusal(because you don't have VISA) and then you come into Canada to do your landing...the admin refusal from the US does not hamper your chances of applying in the future for a US VISA...

Hope that helps!
Thank you Lazybone. Rating: +1

smo1000

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobsun said:
Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent spectator all this time, and because of this forum i have been able to find answers to all my queries. I am running into a situation where i would need some expert opinions from veterans out here.

I am CEC inland candidate, AOR 6th April 2016, medical passed, BG changed to "In-progress" somewhere in June and then back to "Not needed at this time". I am presently on a PGWP which expires on 9th Sept 2016. I got a 18 month PGWP, as my passport was expiring, I got my passport renewed and applied for CEC.

There is something important which requires me to travel outside of Canada on the 6th Oct 2016, I have applied for the remaining PGWP as of 8th July 2016. The blunder in my life is that, I have lost the original PGWP that expires on 9th Sept 2016. I have reported this to RCMP, and CIC has guided the process to apply for a duplicate, which takes a month.

Reading through the forum, i have learnt that CEC inland is almost taking six months. I was wondering if I could do flagpole and get my remaining PGWP and apply for TRV to travel irrespective of the PR result. My main concern is; will I be able to flagpole without my original PGWP, but i have the TRV till 9th Sept 2016.

I am confused and worried at the same time for this situation, it would be really grateful if some one could share some experience or opinion.

Thanks & Regards
Bobsun, this is a fairly unique situation. Not having original documents will make it much more difficult at the border, but not impossible. I would be hesitant to flagpole without it, as the border officer could just refuse you and then you would be on a visitor visa.
I recall for the IEC visas, that if your passport was due to expire before the two years the visa gives you, you would just lose the extra time. You could not go back and get them later. I am not certain on this however.
While you say the trip is important, it would want to be extremely important to make me leave.
Having a consultation with a lawyer might be a good idea to see where your options are. They would usually cost $200-300.

smo1000

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JP_IndoCan said:
I do not think you can flagpole prior to having COPR. You need to have the full paperwork in order to do it. You will have problems if you try after PPR.
There is no application to submit at the border. You just enter the country with all your completed PR paperwork and they process you there.

hally3

Jun 3, 2015
I submitted my e-application on august 2 and today, I got a request for my spouse and I to refill sections 8 and 12 of schedule A form. My questions are:

1. Do we fill only the sections required or the whole form?

2. In filling address history, does one have to fill addresses of countries one visited for around one to three months?

3. In filling addresses, is it possible to have two addresses covering the same period, for example when one was in the university?

4. In filling Personal History section, how does one account for short trips taken while one is employed or still schooling?

Thank you very much.

smo1000

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hally3 said:
I submitted my e-application on august 2 and today, I got a request for my spouse and I to refill sections 8 and 12 of schedule A form. My questions are:

1. Do we fill only the sections required or the whole form? Yes, fill out the whole form

2. In filling address history, does one have to fill addresses of countries one visited for around one to three months? If you were on vacation, put the main address where you were residing at the time. If you were living somewhere for three months as your primary residence, put that down

3. In filling addresses, is it possible to have two addresses covering the same period, for example when one was in the university? I would put your primary address. While at University, put down the address you lived at every day

4. In filling Personal History section, how does one account for short trips taken while one is employed or still schooling? They should have all travel accounted for under the 10 year travel history. For personal history, only main activities were covered. work, education, unemployment, or extended travel periods.

Thank you very much.

JP_IndoCan

Aug 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
andy108 said:
It depends on a country - like in many countries its called a notary translator - people can notirize the translation, put their licence number and signature, with a stamp at the bottom or on a attached page.

In Canada certified translators are those who are certified through a provincial association, these associations are:

Association of Translators and Interpreters of Alberta (ATIA)

Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC)

Association of Translators,Terminologists and Interpreters of Manitoba (ATIM)

Corporation of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters of New Brunswick (CTINB)

Association of Translators and Interpreters of Nova Scotia (ATINS)

Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO)

Association of Translators and Interpreters of Saskatchewan (ATIS)

http://www.cttic.org/chercher.asp
Hi Andy108,

What is pre-assessed? I see it in your timeline.