Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
defintelyguru said:
Nope. It's tempting... but it takes so much time receiving those that it might be useless.
I'm confident with a fast processing of my application. Let's call it positive thinking :D

Maybe I'll review the ordering GCSM notes in a few weeks, but so far, I trust all will go according to plan.
It took three weeks to receive mine. It is kind of long :p

I'm really happy to hear that you have this confidence. I bet it helps with waiting too :)

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
Hi all,
Just joined the forums, it's heartening to see so many others going through the same process!

I just added my case to myimmitracker (same username as here)

My last update was 28 APR (AOR on the 23rd), my current status is:
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

I just have a few questions:
  • When submitting my application on the tracker, I said it was Express Entry, not FSW. My understanding is that I am applying as an FSW under Express Entry (and that FSW used to be a separate thing), so was I correct to submit it as EE?
  • I have never successfully logged in to ECAS. Is this normal? I've been using my Application number (Exxxxxxxxx), and my details, but I always get a message about not being able to find my details
  • As far as I can tell, I don't have a UCI number (yet?). The letters I've received from CIC have only ever included an Exxxxxxxxx number and never a xxxx-xxxx number. Is this normal?

Also, is it just me, or is the website just horrible? It sometimes takes me 20 attempts to log in successfully (Safari on OS X), any tips to log in reliably?

Thanks in advance!

defintelyguru

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Spielo said:
When submitting my application on the tracker, I said it was Express Entry, not FSW. My understanding is that I am applying as an FSW under Express Entry (and that FSW used to be a separate thing), so was I correct to submit it as EE?
Many confuse Express Entry with Permanent Residency.
Express Entry is simply a candidate pool for selection to Permanent Residency. It is the new and only way now to apply for PR.
There are still some PR applications in process that didn't go through the EE pool/selection, but in the future, all applications will have been made through an EE selection.

Simply said, EE is a selection tool, PR is the application, CEC/FSW... are the programs.
So in the tracker people should actually put CEC, or FSW, or else. Not Express Entry. That tracker is intended for the new system only, so all applications are supposedly from EE.

Spielo said:
I have never successfully logged in to ECAS. Is this normal? I've been using my Application number (Exxxxxxxxx), and my details, but I always get a message about not being able to find my details
I too have not been able to log-in. CIC is shutting it down soon. It is likely all applications submitted after a certain date were not even added to the system.
They intend to leave us with the CIC website only in the future. So we have to wait and see...

Spielo

Star Member
May 21, 2016
defintelyguru said:
So in the tracker people should actually put CEC, or FSW, or else. Not Express Entry. That tracker is intended for the new system only, so all applications are supposedly from EE.
Thanks! I've changed my entry in the tracker to FSW and also changed my status to "Medical Passed" which seems to be the most accurate description of my status (though, arguably, I completed my medical before submitting my application, so my AOR came after…)

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
defintelyguru said:
Many confuse Express Entry with Permanent Residency.
Express Entry is simply a candidate pool for selection to Permanent Residency. It is the new and only way now to apply for PR.
There are still some PR applications in process that didn't go through the EE pool/selection, but in the future, all applications will have been made through an EE selection.

Simply said, EE is a selection tool, PR is the application, CEC/FSW... are the programs.

I too have not been able to log-in. CIC is shutting it down soon. It is likely all applications submitted after a certain date were not even added to the system.
They intend to leave us with the CIC website only in the future. So we have to wait and see...

Has your background check been in progress since April 28th?

defintelyguru

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
tatianatiana said:
Has your background check been in progress since April 28th?
I you ask me, yes. Medicals and BG changed on Apr 28. No ECAS. I try it every once in a while, but no access so far.
CIC is ruling out ECAS, and all paper applications in favour of the MyCIC account website. PR applications have still to be phased in.

So my guess is that they didn't bother giving recent applicants access to something they plan to end in the next few months, or recent applications are already integrated in the new system and not available in ECAS.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
Feel relieved that I'm not the only one who can't access to Ecas. I was worried about that.
Since May 2th, my Background Check is still in Progress.
I'm so stressed out, but I hope and pray for the best. :)

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
defintelyguru said:
I you ask me, yes. Medicals and BG changed on Apr 28. No ECAS. I try it every once in a while, but no access so far.
CIC is ruling out ECAS, and all paper applications in favour of the MyCIC account website. PR applications have still to be phased in.

So my guess is that they didn't bother giving recent applicants access to something they plan to end in the next few months, or recent applications are already integrated in the new system and not available in ECAS.
ECAS isn't working for me either. :-\

tatianatiana

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Feel relieved that I'm not the only one who can't access to Ecas. I was worried about that.
Since May 2th, my Background Check is still in Progress.
I'm so stressed out, but I hope and pray for the best. :)
what additional doc did they request from you?

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
tatianatiana said:
what additional doc did they request from you?
A document related to my marital status.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
defintelyguru said:
Nope. It's tempting... but it takes so much time receiving those that it might be useless.
I'm confident with a fast processing of my application. Let's call it positive thinking :D

Maybe I'll review the ordering GCSM notes in a few weeks, but so far, I trust all will go according to plan.
I think it might take a little longer than June. Currently, folks from December and Jan are getting PPR requests. If you look at the spreadsheets, most of the folks who got PPR are PNP's. We might have to wait a little longer. I am in the same boat as you.

Reddysar

Star Member
Aug 15, 2015
Hi all,
I am PNP inland , my status as below.
My medical also still in review , could you please let me know is it normal ?
My time lines stated below
Aor :12 April
Schedule 4 request: 16 April
Submitted Schedule 4: 19 April
Medical : review in progressive
Bg: in process

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
yes medicals changed to passed is usually getting delayed for inland applicants......nothing to worry its normal.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Guys please dont forget to add/update your case details to the PR Tracker it would help everyone to see the progress of each other.