+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR 2016-2017 EE PNP Inland >>>> All Welcome

jjispig

May 29, 2017
From my personal's view, this is obviously not correct. I did some research and have some finding. On IRCC's requirements for BOWP page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

"For certain employer-driven streams in the PNC, the nominating province or territory may impose employment restrictions on a successful nominee until the person becomes a permanent resident. If employment restrictions are imposed, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will not issue an open work permit to the foreign national under the bridging open work permit (BOWP) Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exemption."

It also states:

"In order to determine whether the applicant is subject to restrictions on employment, a nomination template letter has been provided to all provinces and territories. Different versions of the letter have already been implemented by several provinces and territories and are in the process of being implemented by all other provinces and territories.

This letter contains one of the following boxes, which IRCC officers can use to determine whether there are employment restrictions on the nomination. Provinces and territories have been instructed to choose “Yes” or “No” in the Restrictions on employment field, as this will provide IRCC officers with confirmation of whether the nominee is, in fact, eligible to apply for a BOWP.

Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested."

My understanding is if someone's PNP certificate indicate no employment restriction, he/she may qualify a BOWP, which is open work permit and that means they can work for any other employer. For example, I have many friends having BCPNP, even although they have employer's name and NOC on the certificate, employment restriction section is still no, which makes me believe they don't necessarily have to stay with the same employer before getting their PR
Thank you for the information. I called CIC this morning regarding my question that whether it will affect my provincial nomination if there is change on my employment. I called at 8am, it was about 20 minutes wait.
he advised me that I need to contact the provincial office since the inquiry is pertaining the PNP, since it vary for different provinces. I will definitely give them NS immigration office a call or email and post the answer back here once I find it out.
Thanks guys

jjispig

May 29, 2017
Wow, this is the best forum for gathering information about PNP application processing progress.

My AOR was in April 20th 2017, I was expecting to have ppr within three or four months but it seems impossible now :(
(Based on the Tracker, medical pass could take up to 3 months and more waiting for other updates), I should have gone with regular EE application instead of getting into the PNP, my CRS was just enough for the the cut off threshold for the newest round of draw back then, but I thought it would be faster to apply through Pnp since my file would have been already reviewed once. So I guess I'm probably looking at September for ppr with being optimistic.

One question I have for you guys and any help would be appreciated. If I QUIT my job now and inform CIC for being unemployed(Nova Scotia PNP) what would be the consequences of that?Would they take away my provincial nomination and I have to start from the scratch for express entry? Thank you!

regards
Newest update, called the NS immigration office just now. The lady on the phone was very nice and she advised me that there is no restriction on my employment, once I'm nominated and submitted to the federal, any changes related to employment will not matter anymore, even if I quit my job. I took her words and it was a big relief for me because I'm at the point now really want to change my career path. But just to be safe, I'm still gonna email the office will the same question and hoping to get the exact same answer one more time before I take any action regarding my current job.

Reactions: wengehua

jjispig

May 29, 2017
From my personal's view, this is obviously not correct. I did some research and have some finding. On IRCC's requirements for BOWP page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

"For certain employer-driven streams in the PNC, the nominating province or territory may impose employment restrictions on a successful nominee until the person becomes a permanent resident. If employment restrictions are imposed, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will not issue an open work permit to the foreign national under the bridging open work permit (BOWP) Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exemption."

It also states:

"In order to determine whether the applicant is subject to restrictions on employment, a nomination template letter has been provided to all provinces and territories. Different versions of the letter have already been implemented by several provinces and territories and are in the process of being implemented by all other provinces and territories.

This letter contains one of the following boxes, which IRCC officers can use to determine whether there are employment restrictions on the nomination. Provinces and territories have been instructed to choose “Yes” or “No” in the Restrictions on employment field, as this will provide IRCC officers with confirmation of whether the nominee is, in fact, eligible to apply for a BOWP.

Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested."

My understanding is if someone's PNP certificate indicate no employment restriction, he/she may qualify a BOWP, which is open work permit and that means they can work for any other employer. For example, I have many friends having BCPNP, even although they have employer's name and NOC on the certificate, employment restriction section is still no, which makes me believe they don't necessarily have to stay with the same employer before getting their PR

This is actually a very good point, as I check the letter sent by NS PNP in my email, there is a box to choose yes or no in the restrictions on employment. And fortunately mine is "no".

Reactions: wengehua

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
One PNP outland got passport request today and another PNP Inland AOR Mar 29 got medicals cleared today.

Reactions: Sandycool

R4321

Apr 3, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec 23 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 10 2017
Here's my timeline. Some movement today. Hopefully I should get PPR by Jun 15th. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Timeline:
PNP-Inland
Application submitted (AOR): Dec.23.2016
Mar.10.2017: Medical passed + BG changed from NN to IP1
Apr 3rd: BG changed form IP1 to Not applicable
May.30: BG changed from Not applicable to IP2
PPR email : waiting

Sandycool

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Wow, this is the best forum for gathering information about PNP application processing progress.

My AOR was in April 20th 2017, I was expecting to have ppr within three or four months but it seems impossible now :(
(Based on the Tracker, medical pass could take up to 3 months and more waiting for other updates), I should have gone with regular EE application instead of getting into the PNP, my CRS was just enough for the the cut off threshold for the newest round of draw back then, but I thought it would be faster to apply through Pnp since my file would have been already reviewed once. So I guess I'm probably looking at September for ppr with being optimistic.

One question I have for you guys and any help would be appreciated. If I QUIT my job now and inform CIC for being unemployed(Nova Scotia PNP) what would be the consequences of that?Would they take away my provincial nomination and I have to start from the scratch for express entry? Thank you!

regards
You are in same boat as me....I think the same (I should have gone with regular EE application instead of getting into the PNP, my CRS was just enough,,,)... :(

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Hi JGD_C, do you mean that even after getting the PR, applicants with Provincial Nomination will need to be in the same company for at least one more year? Sorry i am confused.. could you please post the source about this? Many thanks!
No

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
DO you think they'll be able to finish my application within 6 months timeframe??
I cannot predict when your application will be finalized, but according to current trends you should not be worried before 6 months has passed from your AOR. Current PNP-I applications take close to 6 months to finalize and you should not get your hopes high by assuming otherwise.

I am hoping everyone gets their PPR withing that 6 months period, so hang in there :D

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Here's my timeline. Some movement today. Hopefully I should get PPR by Jun 15th. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Timeline:
PNP-Inland
Valuable information, thanks!

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
Hi JGD_C, do you mean that even after getting the PR, applicants with Provincial Nomination will need to be in the same company for at least one more year? Sorry i am confused.. could you please post the source about this? Many thanks!
Apologies. Big misunderstanding. I was saying don't change the province. When I read you want to change company, assumed you would change province too. Changing company has no issues provided it is mentioned in your document (and you mentioned it is already) and within province. So no issues.

SaraSmi

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2283 B
App. Filed.......
23rd Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
7th March 2017
Nomination.....
16th Nov 2016
AOR Received.
23 Dec 2016
Timeline:
PNP-Inland
Exactly same for me.. Today my BG changed to IP2. I guess we are in same batch

Reactions: R4321 and mjadawala

mjadawala

Jul 29, 2016
Category........