+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone working/ worked with Big 4 and planning on moving to Canada?

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hi

I am currently working with one of the Big 4 firms as an advisory consultant and I wanted to know what weight does this experience carry in terms of helping me land a job in Canada

I have just started with the job, so i am not even considering something like an internal transfer as a possibility ( which I know is not so easy even after spending some time in the firm)

Does having a Big 4 experience give you an edge in the job market?

Big 4 guys planning to move/ people who have moved and joined Big 4. You inputs would really help!

Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
For those of us ignorant who the Big 4 firms are but without of course naming them here which field do you work in ?

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Big 4" is meaningless and obviously field-specific. You need to clarify what field you are talking about to get a meaningful answer.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
It means about as much as me saying I work for a global Fortune 50 company. As in, it really doesn't. Obviously the experience itself will look good, but as a recruiter I'm currently working with in Vancouver told me Thursday, "Employers don't care the company you worked for unless there's an issue of a non-compete clause. They care if you can do the job."

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I work for a Big 4. I know you cannot transfer into Canada but a strong recommendation from your Partner helps in securing the job at the same company in Canada.

However outside of getting a post in the same firm (you would already understand methodology, software, etc) that you currently work for, having worked for a Big 4 external to Canada really means nothing to all recruiters. The letter of recommendation only gets you to the door but does not guarantee the post. I have a few friends who have successfully made the transition based on their referrals.