+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone with citizenship interview experience with passports

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Please if anyone can share their experience of citizenship interview regarding the passports. I am concerned about the passports, as I have only two recent passports with me that were used to come to Canada and they cover my eligibility period. Previous three passports they are back at my home country at my parents house. I am not sure if all the passports are required or only the passports covering the eligibility period are sufficient? Please anyone with the interview experience.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Please if anyone can share their experience of citizenship interview regarding the passports. I am concerned about the passports, as I have only two recent passports with me that were used to come to Canada and they cover my eligibility period. Previous three passports they are back at my home country at my parents house. I am not sure if all the passports are required or only the passports covering the eligibility period are sufficient? Please anyone with the interview experience.
As far as I know passports covering eligibility period are required.

dzei

Dec 5, 2018
We took all the passports we had at home. Mine were back till 2005. Wife's all the way back till 1990. They only looked at the ones which had stamps obtained during the eligibility period. With one exception. I had one US stamp in a passport that had a US visa but was not valid at the time of travel. Probably a mistake by the CBP officer. So even though the passport was not valid during the eligibility period it was checked because it had a relevant stamp. But this is a corner case that doesn't affect most applicants. So just take all the passports you have. Don't worry about those that expired ages ago.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
We took all the passports we had at home. Mine were back till 2005. Wife's all the way back till 1990. They only looked at the ones which had stamps obtained during the eligibility period. With one exception. I had one US stamp in a passport that had a US visa but was not valid at the time of travel. Probably a mistake by the CBP officer. So even though the passport was not valid during the eligibility period it was checked because it had a relevant stamp. But this is a corner case that doesn't affect most applicants. So just take all the passports you have. Don't worry about those that expired ages ago.

Thanks for your reply. The two passports I have dates back to 2011. However I have also travelled to USA in 2010 and do have USA stamps in that passport, but I do not have that passport with me right now. Its expired and it does not come under the eligibility period. Do you think this would be a problem?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
There's no point worrying about passports you cannot provide anyway.
It should be ok, since the eligibily period is what matters the most.
If an issue arises, you'll see how it goes at that moment...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks for your reply. The two passports I have dates back to 2011. However I have also travelled to USA in 2010 and do have USA stamps in that passport, but I do not have that passport with me right now. Its expired and it does not come under the eligibility period. Do you think this would be a problem?
You only need to supply the passports that are or were valid during the eligibility period.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
You posted the same question yesterday and I already answered. If the old passports are not in your possession, you don't have to bring them! They are only interested in the passports that cover eligibility period, they check for stamps to see how many times you left Canada and if it matches with what you wrote in your application.