+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone want to join a thread for people applying in the near future?

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
kcorbin said:
I haven't compiled our application yet, but I will be following the tips from the thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t92449.0.html =)

Hope this helps!
This is what I plan on using as well!!! I never thought to organize it like that!

Ponga said:
Great thread!

My apologies for not reading through all 6 pages of posts, but I'd like to offer a tip:

Print out all of the forms now and complete them by hand (in pencil if possible, since you WILL make mistakes).

Do NOT expect to submit the forms that you have today, as CIC is notorious for updating forms without telling `us'. LOL!
If you submit a form months from now that has been updated, there's a chance that your entire application could be returned.

So, use the paper forms that you have now as a template to compile your information. A couple of days before you plan to mail your application, transfer your hand written answers to the electronic forms that you will download THEN...which would likely be the most current revisions of the forms.

There are only a few forms that have a validation feature, but it's still advisable to complete all forms on your computer, for continuity.

Good luck everyone! I hope that by the time you submit your applications, the processing times are substantially less!
Thank you and welcome to the thread Ponga!

That is exactly what I plan to do. And compile any questions we have to ask the forum! Then right before I will download the forms in case they're new and type them.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Ponga said:
Great thread!

My apologies for not reading through all 6 pages of posts, but I'd like to offer a tip:

Print out all of the forms now and complete them by hand (in pencil if possible, since you WILL make mistakes).

Do NOT expect to submit the forms that you have today, as CIC is notorious for updating forms without telling `us'. LOL!
If you submit a form months from now that has been updated, there's a chance that your entire application could be returned.

So, use the paper forms that you have now as a template to compile your information. A couple of days before you plan to mail your application, transfer your hand written answers to the electronic forms that you will download THEN...which would likely be the most current revisions of the forms.

There are only a few forms that have a validation feature, but it's still advisable to complete all forms on your computer, for continuity.

Good luck everyone! I hope that by the time you submit your applications, the processing times are substantially less!
FML I had no idea they updated forms. Everything I sent last week would have been downloaded to my computer like... last summer. That's perfect.

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Thanks alot ...kcorbin..
yes I have to apply for PCC from canada and rcmp does take alot of time
now I have another issue do I do it from private agency for finger prints as Im outside Canada or do we do at our visa office ?

how do we get clarity ?

kcorbin said:
If you stayed in Canada for more than 6 months, I believe you need to supply a police clearance from RCMP. But I hope others can chime in on this one coz I'm not 100% sure.

Well, I've heard of other applicants who didnt send in their police checks with their application because the CIC will ask you to do the police checks down the process if you didnt include it in. It will delay your application. I suggest sending everything in, but make sure to take note of the 3 months validity of the police checks. I believe they have to receive it within the 3 months or else you have to redo your police certs.

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
amop said:
Thanks alot ...kcorbin..
yes I have to apply for PCC from canada and rcmp does take alot of time
now I have another issue do I do it from private agency for finger prints as Im outside Canada or do we do at our visa office ?

how do we get clarity ?
You're welcome amop! =)

I really have no idea if the visa offices offer fingerprinting services. I believe its enough that you have your fingerprints taken at your local police station. BUT check first with the countries doing your police clearance because they might have specific instructions about where to do your fingerprints. Make sure you also check that you use the country-specific fingerprint card. Like, I also came from the Philippines (aside from the US) and they have different fingerprint cards..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8 said:
FML I had no idea they updated forms. Everything I sent last week would have been downloaded to my computer like... last summer. That's perfect.
Uh oh!
I'm afraid that your entire application may be returned. The good news is that it wouldn't be much of a delay, since you haven't even received AOR yet.

Did you make copies of the forms that you sent?

If so, compare the revision dates with the ones that are listed on CIC's website as of today and see which forms have been updated. If you sent a form that was less than a month outdated, you'd likely be ok, but I know that a few forms were updated late last year, as well as one in January of this year. :(

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Ponga said:
Uh oh!
I'm afraid that your entire application may be returned. The good news is that it wouldn't be much of a delay, since you haven't even received AOR yet.

Did you make copies of the forms that you sent?

If so, compare the revision dates with the ones that are listed on CIC's website as of today and see which forms have been updated. If you sent a form that was less than a month outdated, you'd likely be ok, but I know that a few forms were updated late last year, as well as one in January of this year. :(
Yeah it looks like most of my forms were really out of date. And it actually will be a big delay because my husband, who has to sign most of the forms, is in Costa Rica and I am in Canada.
He has no idea how to use the computer and there's probably like 3 people that have a printer in his community. So I'm going to have to fill out all the new forms, mail them to him, have him sign them and mail them back, and by that time his criminal record check will be expired so he'll have to get a new one which I'll have to pay for to get translated again. UGHHHH

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8 said:
Yeah it looks like most of my forms were really out of date. And it actually will be a big delay because my husband, who has to sign most of the forms, is in Costa Rica and I am in Canada.
He has no idea how to use the computer and there's probably like 3 people that have a printer in his community. So I'm going to have to fill out all the new forms, mail them to him, have him sign them and mail them back, and by that time his criminal record check will be expired so he'll have to get a new one which I'll have to pay for to get translated again. UGHHHH
WHOA! Not so fast!!

Not every form will require his signature, so here's what I suggest you do ASAP:

1. Determine which forms will need to be completed again and download them and print them yourself.

2. Courier the forms that he needs to sign with the fastest service that you can afford (and have them couriered back, obviously).

3. Wait for your application to be returned...replace the outdated forms and send everything back to CIC using overnight courier.

Having your updated forms completed and signed when your application is returned will hopefully not impact his PCC expiring. Depending on what the actual date is on his PCC, you might just make it, since CIC only needs to `receive' it within 90 days from the date that it was issued. Even with this `scramble', you might find that you'll still be within that 90 day window.

You can try contacting CIC and explain to them that you are aware of these obsolete forms and ask if they can [somehow] add a note in the system that can be attached to your file number, or your UCI number (assuming you have that, as his sponsor) that you will send the updated forms pronto. UCI numbers stay with a person for life, so if you've had anything like a work permit, study permit, etc., they should have `you' in the system.

Good luck!

Expect a positive outcome and be grateful that you have this information now, rather than later. ;)

Bjustice

Apr 8, 2014
Please I need help am yet to put my thoughts together. I have been on it for over a year but I don't know which stream to apply for. I am presently a banker with over 6 years of experience. I need someone to help me with tips and if possible the appropriate streem for below profile;

- 6 years banking experience
- Bsc economics education
- HND accounting
-No relations in Canada

Good people of progressive minds ,please help.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Ponga said:
WHOA! Not so fast!!

Not every form will require his signature, so here's what I suggest you do ASAP:

1. Determine which forms will need to be completed again and download them and print them yourself.

2. Courier the forms that he needs to sign with the fastest service that you can afford (and have them couriered back, obviously).

3. Wait for your application to be returned...replace the outdated forms and send everything back to CIC using overnight courier.

Having your updated forms completed and signed when your application is returned will hopefully not impact his PCC expiring. Depending on what the actual date is on his PCC, you might just make it, since CIC only needs to `receive' it within 90 days from the date that it was issued. Even with this `scramble', you might find that you'll still be within that 90 day window.

You can try contacting CIC and explain to them that you are aware of these obsolete forms and ask if they can [somehow] add a note in the system that can be attached to your file number, or your UCI number (assuming you have that, as his sponsor) that you will send the updated forms pronto. UCI numbers stay with a person for life, so if you've had anything like a work permit, study permit, etc., they should have `you' in the system.

Good luck!

Expect a positive outcome and be grateful that you have this information now, rather than later. ;)
Yeah I already decided that I'm going to redo all the forms tonight and mail them to him tomorrow or thursday. Actually every form that was updated does need his signature. lol Unfortunately.

It will be close, his PCC will expire May 14th, but if I have everything ready by the time they send it back to me it MIGHT get there on time. Depends on how long it takes for it to get to me in the mail. Assumming that someone will pick it up in the last week of april (because it was received by CIC March 31st). It might be cutting it pretty close.

It actually doesn't cost anything for him to get a PCC in his country so I might as well get him to get another one anyways so that I don't have to worry about it.

Does anyone know if there's an accepted range for the little passport-like pictures that we have to send in? Those were taken last september and like... he's 37 it's not like he's really changed but I was just wondering while we're redoing everything else, should we redo those too?

mirakhorli.f

Mar 25, 2014
I'm abit confused.
1-Should we put police clearance in our package just or fingerprinting copy also?
2-should I also get police clearance for canada, while Im living in canada? if yes, 3-how long it would takes time?
Thanks

kcorbin said:
You're welcome amop! =)

I really have no idea if the visa offices offer fingerprinting services. I believe its enough that you have your fingerprints taken at your local police station. BUT check first with the countries doing your police clearance because they might have specific instructions about where to do your fingerprints. Make sure you also check that you use the country-specific fingerprint card. Like, I also came from the Philippines (aside from the US) and they have different fingerprint cards..

mirakhorli.f

Mar 25, 2014
Hello friend,
Thank you very much. I'm a bite afraid about my situation.
me and my boyfriend live together almost 3 days a week, since I study in Montreal and he works in other city near montreal. so We rent a place in montreal in both name because of me, but all my adresses are his adress and all my letters are send to his adress just to show that we live together in his place. I wonder if it can be count as a common-law partners?
:-[

Ellasg said:
Well, for those who are confused about applying as Common-Law Partners, feel free to ask me anything.

mirakhorli.f

Mar 25, 2014
Thats really perfect!
Can we also highlight some information like " date, address" in owr document related to relationship proof just to help them find the important information? ofcourse not in other forms or like ur PCC ;)

lleahdoll said:
This is what I plan on using as well!!! I never thought to organize it like that!
Thank you and welcome to the thread Ponga!

That is exactly what I plan to do. And compile any questions we have to ask the forum! Then right before I will download the forms in case they're new and type them.

uskyoot

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
File Transfer...
07-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
CORP received 5/8/2014 Landed 30/08/2014
I am applying Outland from the U.S. and would like some advice on the IMM1344 Application to sponsor.
Question 1....Withdraw or Proceed....to be honest, the only concern I have with our application is sponsorship approval. My husband and I are near retirement age, don't have much in savings (both had bad divorces) though my husband will have his U.S. pension and I have a Canadian income. We both do plan on continuing to work when we return to Canada. Any thoughts

Thanks

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Ponga said:
WHOA! Not so fast!!

Good luck!

Just wanted to let you know. I called the CIC call center today and the guys I talked to said that they do not make notes on the files for situations like this, he said they have explicit instructions to tell us that we must not send an additional package with updated forms or new information, we must wait until a decision has been made. He said it is possible that they will not return the entire package, only e-mail asking for an updated form to be sent, but either way I have to wait until a decision is made and I either have my application returned to me, or I receive an e-mail asking me for the updated forms.

So I am going to go ahead and mail the forms to my husband so that they are here and ready to go when whichever happens. This sucks ballsack guys. lol Whatever, probably going to be waiting another year or more anyways, what's another month, right?

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
MAY 26, 2014 <br>AOR2 Received: SEP 9, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SEP 24, 2014 <br>Decision Made: OCT 13, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
agarand8 said:
So I am going to go ahead and mail the forms to my husband so that they are here and ready to go when whichever happens. This sucks ballsack guys. lol Whatever, probably going to be waiting another year or more anyways, what's another month, right?
After hearing that reply from CIC I wouldn't bother yet. Who knows, maybe they will update another form in the time between now and then and then you will just have to mail them again costing more money...

Also, the forms are available online, get him to find a computer wiz kid to print them out where he is (if you dont trust this you could verify he got the right ones by going over them on skype with the version number in the bottom left corner)

I am not sure if they will refuse an app just because its an old form unless there is a substantial difference. Sometimes they may just be changing the layout or formatting but all the information is still accurate and there. Maybe they won't request a new form in that case... If you need something to do you could figure out if there really are any differences in the form versions and get that information ready