anyone from quebec who applied inland?

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inlandappl said:
A few questions that could be answered by some of you:

I heard that for people who applied inland in quebec they can get public health insurance( Regie de l assurance maladie) without the usual wait of 90 days after PR. This should apply to all nationalities even if the countries where they are from don't have a reciprocal agreement with the quebec government

I heard that the only things to present are:

CSQ (quebec selections certificate)
and a letter confirming that the application is processed in Canada

My questions are:

do you apply for the health insurance card after you got CSQ? Did you have to wait for AIP or the CSQ and the letter was sufficient? the letter confirming that the application is processed inland refers to the letter that we receive to go on with MICC or is another one?(or AIP?)
I'm a bit confused. i ask these questions because pretty soon i should receive CSQ and i would love to apply for health insurance right away. Thanks for your help!
I think this was answered in earlier posts but I am lazy to look for it :). For health insurance you need CSQ and at least AIP - the letter from CIC to apply for CSQ is not sufficient - I learned the hard way and I believe others have the same experience. Same applies to MICC French courses.

As for the waiver of waiting times - I heard the same thing. But I am in the 90 day waiting period :) and when I asked the lady about the waiver, she said that exception applies only to reciprocal countries. It is actually not 90 days, it is 3 months. I went to apply on March 15 or so and the period started as if on March 1 so my insurance will kick in on June 1.

One other thing is - you have to prove your address - must be bank statement or phone bill. Simple letter from university is not enough -I went there with McGill acceptance letter - no go. So I had to bring my spouse (who must be owner or lessee) who signed the affidavit that I live at the address.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
limanoid said:
Hellooooo inlanders,
I feel like I'm spying on you guys as I'm a outlander! ;)

Since this seems like an active topic, I was hoping someone here could help me! here is my question: did you or your spouse have a good experience with the French courses offered by the MICC? Are they any good? If you liked your class could you either private message me or post here your school? I'm looking for one either in Montreal or nearby like Longueuil.

Right now my husband's accent is atrocious!
I am also an outlander who "spies" over here too.

I took a session of francisation courses (not in Montreal and not with the MICC), but I had a good experience and learned a lot, and I am saying this as someone who had extensive experience studying French at university level before arriving in Québec. The bigger centres that offer francisation should have wide range of levels, and as he improves he can go on to higher levels. As I was told by the director of my school, the MICC courses only go up to a certain intermediate level. If one wants to progress to the more advanced levels, I think you can only do that with the non-MICC francisation programs, at least where I live. Perhaps Montréal has a more extensive MICC francisation program though? I think there are maybe 7 levels of francisation and where I live the MICC only offers the first 4? Something like that....?

Anyhow, the courses at my school (a Commission scolaire school) cover all the levels and were only $40 to enroll and $25 for materials fees. Maybe check out the francisation courses offered by the Commission scolaire de Montréal?
http://www.csdm.qc.ca/AutresServices/Francisation/FrancaisLangueSeconde.aspx

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SssS said:
I think this was answered in earlier posts but I am lazy to look for it :). For health insurance you need CSQ and at least AIP - the letter from CIC to apply for CSQ is not sufficient - I learned the hard way and I believe others have the same experience. Same applies to MICC French courses.

As for the waiver of waiting times - I heard the same thing. But I am in the 90 day waiting period :) and when I asked the lady about the waiver, she said that exception applies only to reciprocal countries. It is actually not 90 days, it is 3 months. I went to apply on March 15 or so and the period started as if on March 1 so my insurance will kick in on June 1.

One other thing is - you have to prove your address - must be bank statement or phone bill. Simple letter from university is not enough -I went there with McGill acceptance letter - no go. So I had to bring my spouse (who must be owner or lessee) who signed the affidavit that I live at the address.
Wow SssS that's not good news. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I guess I'll have to pay more private insurance for some time. Thats really not fair. I will update you what they will tell me on that matter, because on their website it doesn't say that....

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Inlandappl said:
Wow SssS that's not good news. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I guess I'll have to pay more private insurance for some time. Thats really not fair. I will update you what they will tell me on that matter, because on their website it doesn't say that....
Hi INLANDAPP, im from MONTREAL too and I would like to share to you my situation so u can get an idea . SssS is correct and she explained it well . For sure you will need CSQ and AIP before proceeding to apply for HEALTH INSURANCE, MICC FRENCH COURSE . I dont know why they say in their website that when you got CSQ you can apply for french course and health insurance but its not true the thing is you have to wait for AIP, you have to present those 2 letters before you can go ahead , I enrolled for my french course in MICC which is free you just have to apply online and they will call your for language evaluation , as of now im waiting which school they can assign me maybe they said i will be starting my classes on MAY 2 i dont know yet; for the Health card yes you have to go there and present those 2 letters and the waiting period of 3 months begins but on the day of your registration they will give you a letter and a health card number but you will not be eligble not after 3 mos . Im eligible by JUNE 1 . One thing i didnt do as my mistake was I didnt appy for OWP until I Got my AIP because i dont know that I can apply earlier, so Im waiting for my OWP and soon i can go to school and can work also . Im happy although this is not far from over at least the processing is moving. ;D

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
PUZZLED said:
Hi INLANDAPP, im from MONTREAL too and I would like to share to you my situation so u can get an idea . SssS is correct and she explained it well . For sure you will need CSQ and AIP before proceeding to apply for HEALTH INSURANCE, MICC FRENCH COURSE . I dont know why they say in their website that when you got CSQ you can apply for french course and health insurance but its not true the thing is you have to wait for AIP, you have to present those 2 letters before you can go ahead , I enrolled for my french course in MICC which is free you just have to apply online and they will call your for language evaluation , as of now im waiting which school they can assign me maybe they said i will be starting my classes on MAY 2 i dont know yet; for the Health card yes you have to go there and present those 2 letters and the waiting period of 3 months begins but on the day of your registration they will give you a letter and a health card number but you will not be eligble not after 3 mos . Im eligible by JUNE 1 . One thing i didnt do as my mistake was I didnt appy for OWP until I Got my AIP because i dont know that I can apply earlier, so Im waiting for my OWP and soon i can go to school and can work also . Im happy although this is not far from over at least the processing is moving. ;D
Thanks a lot Puzzled, i didnt apply neither for OWP because i didnt know about that option neither. It seems that more than reading government official webiste we should have read this forum first. that says a lot...

L

limanoid

Thank you QCSunshine! I'll look into commission scolaire classes too...

QCSunshine said:
I am also an outlander who "spies" over here too.

I took a session of francisation courses (not in Montreal and not with the MICC), but I had a good experience and learned a lot, and I am saying this as someone who had extensive experience studying French at university level before arriving in Québec. The bigger centres that offer francisation should have wide range of levels, and as he improves he can go on to higher levels. As I was told by the director of my school, the MICC courses only go up to a certain intermediate level. If one wants to progress to the more advanced levels, I think you can only do that with the non-MICC francisation programs, at least where I live. Perhaps Montréal has a more extensive MICC francisation program though? I think there are maybe 7 levels of francisation and where I live the MICC only offers the first 4? Something like that....?

Anyhow, the courses at my school (a Commission scolaire school) cover all the levels and were only $40 to enroll and $25 for materials fees. Maybe check out the francisation courses offered by the Commission scolaire de Montréal?
http://www.csdm.qc.ca/AutresServices/Francisation/FrancaisLangueSeconde.aspx

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Inlandappl said:
Thanks a lot Puzzled, i didnt apply neither for OWP because i didnt know about that option neither. It seems that more than reading government official webiste we should have read this forum first. that says a lot...
Youre welcome. Thats why this forum is here to give knowledge and ideas to everyone !!! Have a nice day! ;D

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Just wanted to keep this thread alive....and put it on top of the list of threads to look at.... :p

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
PUZZLED said:
Hi INLANDAPP! Did you got your CSQ yet? ;)
I received it 5 minutes ago, really i'm serious.... ;D

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
One question for you puzzled, when you receive CSQ do you have to call CIC to let them know? or they already know about it automatically? do you know what are the requirements for ghetting a health card? do i have to show AIP with CSQ? gather some photos? i tried to call CIC and the regie d' assurance maladie but they are both closed for the easter holidays i guess until monday included.... 8)

Thanks a lot!

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inlandappl said:
One question for you puzzled, when you receive CSQ do you have to call CIC to let them know? or they already know about it automatically? do you know what are the requirements for ghetting a health card? do i have to show AIP with CSQ? gather some photos? i tried to call CIC and the regie d' assurance maladie but they are both closed for the easter holidays i guess until monday included.... 8)

Thanks a lot!
Read the earlier posts it is explained there in more detail - Q1 no - MICC sends it to CIC but there were cases where communication did not work between them, If you do not hear anything within a month from CIC I would look into it.
Q2 documents -AIP and CSQ - it must be at least AIP it cannot be letter inviting you to continue with MICC and proof of address

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SssS said:
Read the earlier posts it is explained there in more detail - Q1 no - MICC sends it to CIC but there were cases where communication did not work between them, If you do not hear anything within a month from CIC I would look into it.
Q2 documents -AIP and CSQ - it must be at least AIP it cannot be letter inviting you to continue with MICC and proof of address
Thanks SssS!!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Inlandappl said:

Thanks a lot!
ou

Hi INLANDAPP§! Congratulations for the CSQ at least now you got it but I understand its holiday because of Easter , anyways about your question : No you dont need to call CIC to inform them that you got your CSQ because the MICC will send a copy of your CSQ to CIC it was written on the micc letter that they will forward a copy of it. The requirements for getting health card just bring CSQ & AIP letter, for the photos you dont need to bring because they will be the one to take your photos there. They have their own photographer you just have to pay the fee. But they will ask for any identification before they took your photos so you have to bring any ID but for me i brought my Passport. They dont ask any requirements for me maybe because I was with my husband they just let my husband sign a paper that confirms that we are living in the same address. But you need to wait for your AIP . In my case I received CSQ FEB 22 then I received AIP MARCH 26 from CIC. Unless and until you get all those 2 documents you cannot apply for health insurance, working permit and enroll for free french clases to micc. Hope this information will help you. HAPY EASTER! ;)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
PUZZLED said:
ou

Hi INLANDAPP§! Congratulations for the CSQ at least now you got it but I understand its holiday because of Easter , anyways about your question : No you dont need to call CIC to inform them that you got your CSQ because the MICC will send a copy of your CSQ to CIC it was written on the micc letter that they will forward a copy of it. The requirements for getting health card just bring CSQ & AIP letter, for the photos you dont need to bring because they will be the one to take your photos there. They have their own photographer you just have to pay the fee. But they will ask for any identification before they took your photos so you have to bring any ID but for me i brought my Passport. They dont ask any requirements for me maybe because I was with my husband they just let my husband sign a paper that confirms that we are living in the same address. But you need to wait for your AIP . In my case I received CSQ FEB 22 then I received AIP MARCH 26 from CIC. Unless and until you get all those 2 documents you cannot apply for health insurance, working permit and enroll for free french clases to micc. Hope this information will help you. HAPY EASTER! ;)
Happy easter Puzzled! when you say i have to go to the office to take the pictures something just popped into my mind....Will RAMQ have an office near where i live? I live 14 hours train ride from montreal in the gaspesie....ah i know i can go and check online or wait to call them next week but i just wanted to share this doubt with you...my new question is: they take the photos at the end of the waiting period or just after you send AIP and CSQ?