+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone from europe?

alexct2020

Aug 13, 2020
Hello.... Is somebody here who got second stage approval? Or any other news regarding this ? I heard that students in India are getting passport submission request, so this means that they are working on second stage . But I have not heard anything from European students which is not a good sign........
That's because they need to submit their passport physically and have it sent back before traveling in order to even be able to fly, something which naturally takes time. Those countries require a TRV and a sticker has to physically be put in your passport.:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html#visaRequired

As that's not required for ETA/Almost all European countries we simply get a Port of Entry letter (with an ETA) via e-mail, on October the 20th or around that time and that's enough. Normally you can fly from Europe to Canada without applying for anything before-hand as we are visa exempt.

I know this is how it worked with my old study permit (August 2019-April 2020)

Last edited:
Reactions: nk1

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
That's because they need to submit their passport physically and have it sent back before traveling in order to even be able to fly, something which naturally takes time. Those countries require a TRV and a sticker has to physically be put in your passport.:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html#visaRequired

As that's not required for ETA/Almost all European countries we simply get a Port of Entry letter (with an ETA) via e-mail, on October the 20th or around that time and that's enough. Normally you can fly from Europe to Canada without applying for anything before-hand as we are visa exempt.

"Normally" but not in this situation, so all of us need to get our study permit approved before we can fly to Canada right now.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020

I'd like to think that at midnight on 20th October, suddenly a Port of Entry letter will appear in GCKey for my daughter but I cannot be optimistic. She won't travel now anyway before knowing how the university will quarantine the Winter 2021 students. In August, the the incoming US students and returning non US international students were bussed from Montreal airport directly onto campus, hoping that will happen for the incoming international non US students at the end of December.

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Has anyone received an email about a webinar for holder of AIP? I've seen in this forum and also in some Facebook groups. I wonder if in Europe we will have this webinar.

Reactions: Mdurra

kara wang

Oct 18, 2020
Hello.... Is somebody here who got second stage approval? Or any other news regarding this ? I heard that students in India are getting passport submission request, so this means that they are working on second stage . But I have not heard anything from European students which is not a good sign........
The visa I applied for in the UK was approved on October 16, and the Immigration office required me to submit my passport within 30 days.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
The visa I applied for in the UK was approved on October 16, and the Immigration office required me to submit my passport within 30 days.
Congrats, could you please let us know that where are you from and when did you apply?