+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone from europe?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
The experienced members of this forum I think are saying it's still not possible to travel
I did not read that anywhere in this forum.
You need a Poe letter or approved study permit to enter Canada or be us national/us permanent resident/ from.st Pierre or Miquelon/. Greenland to apply for a study permit at border.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
the government confirmed that the international students can enter Canada from 20th of October IF their university or college confirm that they willhave the classes in person and not online.

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
the government confirmed that the international students can enter Canada from 20th of October IF their university or college confirm that they willhave the classes in person and not online.
We will have more details in next week or so, but at the moment what they said it is If the DLI has the Covid19 Plan, no details were given just yet if classes online or in person. If you read that, could you share the source?

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
They removed the travel restrictions so the international students from countries that have vac open will get second stage approval. This is what I believe. There is not any official update.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
We will have more details in next week or so, but at the moment what they said it is If the DLI has the Covid19 Plan, no details were given just yet if classes online or in person. If you read that, could you share the source?
I have contacted the Humber college yesterday and they told me that the university or college must confirm that the student classes will be in person. I have no more info at the moment

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Any update guys?? In other threads I saw some people who applied with their family and their family received a pass request message but for the main applicant, nothing! They contacted the CIC and told that they hold the main applicant's application on purpose but they got the approval for the visa!
Please keep us updated here about your application status.

Reactions: nk1 and ceuazul

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Any update guys?? In other threads I saw some people who applied with their family and their family received a pass request message but for the main applicant, nothing! They contacted the CIC and told that they hold the main applicant's application on purpose but they got the approval for the visa!
Please keep us updated here about your application status.
Most European nationals are non visa nationals so they would never get passport requests - only Europeans nationalities such as Albania would be visa nationals and need to turn in their passports for TRVs.

I've traced just 2 cases in this forum of applicants who had study permits approved and port of entry letters issued after 18th March and there are maybe 1000 in this forum, those 2 cases were NYC and HKG IRCC offices.

On the immigration minister's own admission about 3 weeks ago, 56000 study permits had gone through first stage approval since July 2020 but all archived since then.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Most European nationals are non visa nationals so they would never get passport requests - only Europeans nationalities such as Albania would be visa nationals and need to turn in their passports for TRVs.

I've traced just 2 cases in this forum of applicants who had study permits approved and port of entry letters issued after 18th March and there are maybe 1000 in this forum, those 2 cases were NYC and HKG IRCC offices.

On the immigration minister's own admission about 3 weeks ago, 56000 study permits had gone through first stage approval since July 2020 but all archived since then.
Yes, you are right. I have not seen anyone from eu getting second stage approval .I hope they start processing from 20 oct

Reactions: Sad93

alexct2020

Aug 13, 2020
Sorry to barge in on this conversation.

I applied from the Netherlands (as a Dutch citizen) on April the 17th, they already have my biometrics because I did an exchange year in Montreal before that. Got my AIP on August 13.

Does anybody think that on the 20th of October they will simply progress many applications like mine to the second stage?

And would the VFS opening even have anything to do with my application, as I don't need to submit my passport or do biometrics?

I don't see who they otherwise are going to open the border to, since almost nobody who applied after March 18 has a full stage 2 Study permit in the first place (maybe some Americans)?

Thanks so much

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Sorry to barge in on this conversation.

I applied from the Netherlands (as a Dutch citizen) on April the 17th, they already have my biometrics because I did an exchange year in Montreal before that. Got my AIP on August 13.

Does anybody think that on the 20th of October they will simply progress many applications like mine to the second stage?

And would the VFS opening even have anything to do with my application, as I don't need to submit my passport or do biometrics?

I don't see who they otherwise are going to open the border to, since almost nobody who applied after March 18 has a full stage 2 Study permit in the first place (maybe some Americans)?

Thanks so much
Nobody knows.
Did you get gcms notes? Your permit was likely already fully approved by end April but archived. All checks were completed for my daughter's application 5 days after she submitted her biometrics and completed her file, that was 22 June.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020

True, I am Danish and applied together with my spouse who is a non EU national. He applied for the OWP and I applied fot the study permit. After the AIP we received no further updates neither on my or my spouse's profile. I think I need to ask for the gcms note.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Hello.... Is somebody here who got second stage approval? Or any other news regarding this ? I heard that students in India are getting passport submission request, so this means that they are working on second stage . But I have not heard anything from European students which is not a good sign........

PwnerHarry

Star Member
Hello.... Is somebody here who got second stage approval? Or any other news regarding this ? I heard that students in India are getting passport submission request, so this means that they are working on second stage . But I have not heard anything from European students which is not a good sign........
Yes one of my friend who applied at UK got hers. For more info please read the other thread I shared.

Reactions: nk1