+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied in unit 203 after Dec.

TG2181

Feb 23, 2009
Hi,

Anyone applied in unit 203,Vegreville for a new employer work permit on change of employer category within Canada. Please let me know whether anyone got their application processed within 20 days as they are claiming.

TG

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
my wife applied an open work permit in Feb 2009, 20 days already, no correspondence, nothing!

i wonder how realistic 20 days could be!, is it not true that medical test is compulsory for every open work permit application!

shosilie

TG2181

Feb 23, 2009
Hi,

Open work permit based on spouse's work permit does not need medical. When on which date exactly your wife applied? Now they are processing for Feb 13th. You can just call CIC ad ask them. You never know they may have referred it to other units, same thing happened for one of my friend he has applied in unit 203 for his new employer work permit and they sent a letter saying it will take more time than anticipated, i am not sure for whom they are processing in 20 days. Please let me know.

TG

cdo

Mar 30, 2009
Hi, TG2181! I hope you won't mind if I join your thread.

Hi, shosilie! Did your wife already receive her open work permit? My spouse sent his application for open work permit March 6, he received a letter today acknowledging receipt of his application and information that his paper has been transferred from Vegreville to Mississauga.

Kindly share time line of your wife's application for open work permit. Hope you would keep us updated in this forum. Thanks.

TG2181

Feb 23, 2009
Hi cdo,

Did they mention any days within which they will process your spouse's application?

Shosille,

Please reply regarding your spouse case.

TG

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
Yes, we got a letter from Vegreville about 2 weeks ago acknowledging the receipt of our application and informing us that the file has been transferred to Calgary (where we applied from). The letter stated further instructions will be passed to us in due course.
We are yet to hear from them since then.

I hope they wont be asking for medical exams after this long wait, like I said, we applied since Feb 20.

Shosilie

cdo

Mar 30, 2009
Hello, TG2181 and shosilie! I just want to ask if you were able to receive the open work permit? CIC website log, shows that they are processing applications receive up to March 13. Please share your time line. We are still anxiously waiting for my spouse open permit. Thanks.

TG2181, in my spouse AOR, there is mention of number of days on how long it would be process.

TG2181

Feb 23, 2009
Hi cdo,

Not yet we have got the permit. Even in the letter they have mentioned they will review within 60 days, already 60 days passed no news..we are worried. we have sent them a letter. How many days they have written for your spouse?

TG

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
We are yet to hear from cic after the initial AOR. The AOR does not specify how long it would take to process our application in Calgary and we were instructed not to call them!!, its almost 2 months that we have applied (since Feb 20).

I hope all is well!

cdo

Mar 30, 2009
Thanks for replying guys! though that worries us even more coz my spouse has applied much later than you do. This means that the 20 days processing period as their website has posted is not really feasible.

TG,there is also no mention in my spouse AOR how long to process his papers. He was just informed that his application has been transferred to Mississauga and CIC centre will be contacting him in due course. There is also an instruction not to contact CIC regarding status of his case. Are applying from Ontario? Shosilie mentioned that theirs is from Calgary.

Hope you keep in touch for updates.

TG2181

Feb 23, 2009
Hi All,

I have asked many suggestions on work permit of my friend applied in 203 in feb month this yera. Finally he got his permit this week. Thanks for all your valuable answers.

TG

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
this is a good news..please, when did your friend apply?, my wife applied on Feb 20 we are still waiting!

thanks

TG2181

Feb 23, 2009
Jan 26th...But in our case it was there in Vegreville..it was not transferred to local office...so u can not compare our timeline with yours...But i have one more friend whose application transferred from vegreville to calgary...from calgary office she got response within a month...but she has to go for interview with immigration officer...but interview was cool....

tg

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
i wonder why ours is taking so long..we got the letter from vegreville that our file was transferred to Calgary since about 6 weeks ago..

thanks for your response,

cdo

Mar 30, 2009
Hi, Shosilie! Did your spouse already receive her open work permit? My spouse is still waiting until now. I don't understand why it took so long. They have not followed the 20 days processing time. Please update us. Thanks