+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied for visitor Visa from UK in month of June or late May 2019

heina

Jun 23, 2019
Same change happened to my application, although mine is 14th June. Have you got your eligibility review started?

heina

Jun 23, 2019
Is your application still under review then? I’m getting really anxious - we couldn’t book flexible tickets, so my partner might have to go alone.:(
Yes, still. Me too, wish I just paid more for flexible tickets. It's not yet too late though, let's just keep our hopes up.

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Yes, still. Me too, wish I just paid more for flexible tickets. It's not yet too late though, let's just keep our hopes up.
Just got a correspondence letter and within 1 minute an original passport request. We did email the consulate (my partner is Canadian who lives in the UK) to explain that this is the only chance to see his elderly parents given our work commitments, and this seems to have finally nudged them. I hope others hear back soon, too!

zimbooo

Jun 17, 2019
Just got a correspondence letter and within 1 minute an original passport request. We did email the consulate (my partner is Canadian who lives in the UK) to explain that this is the only chance to see his elderly parents given our work commitments, and this seems to have finally nudged them. I hope others hear back soon, too!
Fantastic news

heina

Jun 23, 2019
That is great!!!

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Hi Guys, a good news for me :D Visa application approved, and now I have been requested to submit my passport. It took 14 days this time after first visa was rejected after 32 days in process.

I have got some useful info if anybody want to use it. I called Canadian Embassy in London and spoke with a lady who said if you dont have much time before your travel date then email to LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and write Urgent in caps in the subject line if you really think your matter is urgent and we give priority to emails with urgent in subject line. I sent an email and automated email back with info that if you have tagged your case as urgent we will review it and if it is actually urgent we'll get back to you with in 48 hours.

Which means they do give priority to urgent cases. As I am travelling on 9th so they did give priority to my case i believe.

Thanks

heina

Jun 23, 2019
Hi Guys, a good news for me :D Visa application approved, and now I have been requested to submit my passport. It took 14 days this time after first visa was rejected after 32 days in process.

I have got some useful info if anybody want to use it. I called Canadian Embassy in London and spoke with a lady who said if you dont have much time before your travel date then email to LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and write Urgent in caps in the subject line if you really think your matter is urgent and we give priority to emails with urgent in subject line. I sent an email and automated email back with info that if you have tagged your case as urgent we will review it and if it is actually urgent we'll get back to you with in 48 hours.

Which means they do give priority to urgent cases. As I am travelling on 9th so they did give priority to my case i believe.

Thanks
Nice, thank you so much for sharing! My flight is 22nd August, how much time do you reckon should I wait before doing this?

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
I am travelling on 9th and I sent email on morning of Wednesday 24th. So I was around 18 days away. Yeah in case you send the email too early and it does not qualify as urgent then your second email might loose impact. So better to wait 5-6 days before you send an email. Unless you don't live in London and might need more days for stamping of visa. i asked VFS and they say 4 to 5 days is max for stamping of visa. Lets see will update here.

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018

Thanks
Congrats!!!
That’s what we did - emailed the High Commission/consulate. My status still says processing, but got a passport request, so hopefully this means all is well.

Reactions: Sedi007

heina

Jun 23, 2019
I am travelling on 9th and I sent email on morning of Wednesday 24th. So I was around 18 days away. Yeah in case you send the email too early and it does not qualify as urgent then your second email might loose impact. So better to wait 5-6 days before you send an email. Unless you don't live in London and might need more days for stamping of visa. i asked VFS and they say 4 to 5 days is max for stamping of visa. Lets see will update here.
Awesome, thanks for the information. Can you please also share the number that you called? Or the email? I see they have a number posted on the 'Contact Us' section of their website but it says voicemail only. Appreciate it a lot!

Reactions: Sedi007

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Awesome, thanks for the information. Can you please also share the number that you called? Or the email? I see they have a number posted on the 'Contact Us' section of their website but it says voicemail only. Appreciate it a lot!
Sure, here is the no. 0207 004 6000. I got it from searching the google. Embassy closes at 4 or 5 and I called around 2. And email is the same which I mentioned earlier LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca with URGENT in subject. I wrote full story of rejection and the second application :D and also include your UCI application number and all the relevant details of course.so you can give it a try explaining as well to qualify as urgent. Below is the automated reply I received.

'Your enquiry has been received by the London visa office. We respond to all enquiries within 28 days. Enquiries marked as urgent by the sender and deemed urgent after review will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. Film/Media crews travelling on short notice will receive a response within 5 days. If you have submitted new information, we will update your file without replying to confirm. '

Sedi007

Jun 29, 2019
Congrats!!!
That’s what we did - emailed the High Commission/consulate. My status still says processing, but got a passport request, so hopefully this means all is well.
Thanks, Glad to know people who applied around our time are getting replies.:) and yeah request for passport means 100% all is good :D

@heina I replied to your message but it is pending with moderator :S anyways you'll be able to call them on Monday latest so it is not urgent.

Last edited: