+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody knows how long take ARC for processing in mexico

R

robrod

Dear Birney:
I've been looking at time processing times for ARC at both the Canadian and Mexican websites and unfortunately it doesn't say anywhere... All I could find is that it costs $400 CD to apply for that document...

En espanol: Parece que nadie sabe cuanto se tarda ese proceso. Por ningun lado encuentro algo que diga cuanto tiempo se tarda eso.
Porque no vas a a la embajada de Canada en el DF y les preguntas en persona?.

Saludos,
Rob.

wansunika

Apr 15, 2012
ME TOO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW!!!!! My husband will have to go through te ARC process if everything is fine with the sponsership application... Yet I haven't seen any information about processing time in Mexico...

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
wansunika said:
ME TOO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW!!!!! My husband will have to go through te ARC process if everything is fine with the sponsership application... Yet I haven't seen any information about processing time in Mexico...
We are in the same boat, however i did hear that they automatically issue the ARC during the the process (after sponsorship approval). I am not certain of this though. I will see if I can find anything more concrete about this. You should also join the Mexico group, there is a bunch of us there, and perhaps someone else knows the answer:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/mexico-t35385.15.html

wansunika

Apr 15, 2012
missmymexi said:
We are in the same boat, however i did hear that they automatically issue the ARC during the the process (after sponsorship approval). I am not certain of this though. I will see if I can find anything more concrete about this. You should also join the Mexico group, there is a bunch of us there, and perhaps someone else knows the answer:
I did posted a couple of messages in the Mexico group and I'm daily following it since I subscribe to the forum, wich was last weekend... :D

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
The processing time for an ARC is 2 to 6 months... but it depends on the complexity of your case... If you have a deportation order but no criminal issues then this is the average time (2-6 months) I have seen many cases around 3 months...

Regards!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
we will have to do the arc aswell
i heard average is 2-6months. depending on the case and yes if you have no criminal charges.
also i heard they do look at the arc close to the end of your process, and than they either ask for only the payment.
or they ask for the payment and arc letter.
and sometimes they dont even ask for it depending how long it has been since you were last in canada and how simple your case is.

:)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
LeisaP said:
we will have to do the arc aswell
i heard average is 2-6months. depending on the case and yes if you have no criminal charges.
also i heard they do look at the arc close to the end of your process, and than they either ask for only the payment.
or they ask for the payment and arc letter.
and sometimes they dont even ask for it depending how long it has been since you were last in canada and how simple your case is.

:)
I have never gotten a straight answer for this, I sure hope we dont have to wait an extra couple months for it, ours is weird because his one year ban expires in about 2 weeks but we havent been approved for sponsorship yet so I am not sure that we even need to do it, but i have gotten conflicting information about it

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
missmymexi said:
I have never gotten a straight answer for this, I sure hope we dont have to wait an extra couple months for it, ours is weird because his one year ban expires in about 2 weeks but we havent been approved for sponsorship yet so I am not sure that we even need to do it, but i have gotten conflicting information about it
me to. i have had multiple differnt answers. but ive always had many people say the 2- 6 months.
so im assuming that is the most accurate.

we had 2 friends that were refguees and they withdrew before the praa. and went back to mexico and got sponsored under canadian experience class. they just went back to canada in may and they were never asked for an ARC.

soo its hard to say what the IO will ask for.
our immigration consultant told us to just wait, and see if they ask for it, than deal with it than. :)

i hope not either! its already so hard putting ur life on hold for the processing time. let alone more time for something else. i understand if you have criminal record or security threat or if you didnt cooperate with CBSA and such. but if you did and left on time.
it should make sense they would grant the arc, obviously we have good reasons because we want to be with our families. :)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
LeisaP said:
me to. i have had multiple differnt answers. but ive always had many people say the 2- 6 months.
so im assuming that is the most accurate.

we had 2 friends that were refguees and they withdrew before the praa. and went back to mexico and got sponsored under canadian experience class. they just went back to canada in may and they were never asked for an ARC.

soo its hard to say what the IO will ask for.
our immigration consultant told us to just wait, and see if they ask for it, than deal with it than. :)

i hope not either! its already so hard putting ur life on hold for the processing time. let alone more time for something else. i understand if you have criminal record or security threat or if you didnt cooperate with CBSA and such. but if you did and left on time.
it should make sense they would grant the arc, obviously we have good reasons because we want to be with our families. :)
Ya, I really hope not, we had an exclusion order and this is what is says on the CIC website:

2. Exclusion Order (form number IMM 1214B)

a) If you were issued an Exclusion Order and
•12 months have passed since you left Canada and
•you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada

you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.

b) If you wish to return to Canada less than 12 months after the Exclusion Order was issued, or do not have a Certificate of Departure, you need to apply for an ARC.

So he did leave Canada when he was suppose to and we have the certificate of departure soooo fingers crossed this is what actually happens. What kind of order did your hubby get ?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
missmymexi said:
Ya, I really hope not, we had an exclusion order and this is what is says on the CIC website:

2. Exclusion Order (form number IMM 1214B)

a) If you were issued an Exclusion Order and
•12 months have passed since you left Canada and
•you have a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B) showing the date you left Canada

you do not need an ARC. You may return to Canada subject to normal examination at the port of entry.

b) If you wish to return to Canada less than 12 months after the Exclusion Order was issued, or do not have a Certificate of Departure, you need to apply for an ARC.

So he did leave Canada when he was suppose to and we have the certificate of departure soooo fingers crossed this is what actually happens. What kind of order did your hubby get ?
oo okay! i think you wont be asked for one.
all we have is a paper saying departure order... which according to cic you dont need an arc. BUT
when we were leaving our certificate is a certificate of departure... but than in the one spot somewhere in the middle. the officer circled (departure becomes deportation)
so we are just confused. ???

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
LeisaP said:
oo okay! i think you wont be asked for one.
all we have is a paper saying departure order... which according to cic you dont need an arc. BUT
when we were leaving our certificate is a certificate of departure... but than in the one spot somewhere in the middle. the officer circled (departure becomes deportation)
so we are just confused. ???
That is strange, I just took a look at ours and nothing was circled but item 2 was indicated (Exclusion order). Did you report to CBSA on time ? Did he have a hearing before he was deported ? Unfortunately I would say this means you need to apply for the ARC for sure. Usually you will only have the departure order turn into a deportation order if you do not leave when indicated on letter or you do not report to CBSA when you leave, since you have a notice of departure I would assume that you you did report to them.

I wonder if this was not a mistake, if you did everything above and have all the paperwork and plane stub ect, perhaps you can call CBSA and have them fix it.

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
To missmymexi and LeisaP : Please be aware that even if they don´t ask for an ARC they will probably ask for RCMP certificates based on fingerprints, because this is the way they find out if you or the person being sponsored did not commit any crime while living in Canada even for very short periods...

Good Luck to all!!!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
missmymexi said:
That is strange, I just took a look at ours and nothing was circled but item 2 was indicated (Exclusion order). Did you report to CBSA on time ? Did he have a hearing before he was deported ? Unfortunately I would say this means you need to apply for the ARC for sure. Usually you will only have the departure order turn into a deportation order if you do not leave when indicated on letter or you do not report to CBSA when you leave, since you have a notice of departure I would assume that you you did report to them.

I wonder if this was not a mistake, if you did everything above and have all the paperwork and plane stub ect, perhaps you can call CBSA and have them fix it.
Yup. He went to all his meetings. Left the day before he was told to on time for everything. He even helped cbsa to close a case for a criminal he knew of that fled the country. Did everything he was suppose to and extra.
Ya we did everything good. No problems. That's why were so confused why they would circle that!!! .

And yes he already did the rcmp finger prints and stuff aswell :). Our immigration consultant suggested it. So that's taken care of :)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
LeisaP said:
Yup. He went to all his meetings. Left the day before he was told to on time for everything. He even helped cbsa to close a case for a criminal he knew of that fled the country. Did everything he was suppose to and extra.
Ya we did everything good. No problems. That's why were so confused why they would circle that!!! .

And yes he already did the rcmp finger prints and stuff aswell :). Our immigration consultant suggested it. So that's taken care of :)
I would definately have a look into it, it could be a matter of human error. Perhaps see if your consultant can help you with it. It just doesnt fall inline with the laws that surround deportation. You definately would be alot better off to have the departure order as the deporatation comes with a lifetime ban and will be a bit more of a fight. But if you have all the paperwork to prove that you did everything as you should, there should be a way to get it changed, maybe talk to your MP as well, it would be worth the time for sure :)